Director of Finance & Operations – Hershey Chocolate World North American Retail Division
Be part of an exciting business development opportunity. With Franchise rights to develop Hershey Chocolate Work retail stores across North America, our headquarters, based in Niagara Falls, Ontario, is seeking an energetic and dynamic business professional to direct our Hershey Chocolate World retail store division –with stores currently located in Niagara Falls, Chicago and Las Vegas and ambitious plans for future locations across North America. This newly created Senior position reports to the President and will directly be responsible for driving business and financial performance of all existing and future locations.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a trusted and valued business partner who will work closely and effectively with the Senior Operational Retail Managers in making strategic decisions that will drive revenue, lower costs and improve guest satisfaction.
- Lead the annual business planning and budgeting process , working closely and effectively with all locations to create effective and supportable plans that are aligned with company targets
- Lead the co-ordination of all financial information including monthly and annual financial statements, budgets, forecasts, inventory management, compliance reporting, external reporting, etc.
- Lead the monthly financial review process with operational management including reviewing results to budget, current month results to date, business plans, action items lists and other opportunities for improvement to achieve targets
- Ensure that each retail location has proper systems in place to measure daily performance accurately including revenue, labour, costs, and other key metrics to ensure results are maximized
- Liaise with operating GMs to resolve day to day business/people issues & operations, using organizational support where necessary
- Manage relationships, reporting requirements and compliance with various third parties including landlords, tax authorities, external accountants, vendors, franchisors, etc.
- Develop a high standard of excellence for their team to create culture of continuous improvement to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Safeguard company assets by reviewing, monitoring and implementing necessary controls and mitigating risk by adopting best practices across all retail locations
- Lead all aspects of new store openings as it relates to Finance, Cash, IT, Point of Sales Systems, Tax Compliance Rules & Regulations, Lease Management, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional accounting designation or equivalent combination of experience and education
- At least 5 years of proven management and strategic leadership, encompassing both Finance and Operations; previous experience as a Controller is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasion skills as they pertain to motivating and supporting operational senior management located across North America
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and positively influencing business operations
- Excellent organizational, analytical, time management , problem-solving and decision making skills
- Strong commitment to achieving targeted results
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Previous retail experience is an asset
- Some U.S. Travel required (up to 10%)
Indeed - 7 months ago