Fairweather Employee Reviews in Canada

Don't work there!
Part-time/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 17, 2016
too much responsibility, not organized, cheaply funded, uses students to cut down on costs. does not pay well, compared to other places. No bonus or raises. Not safe schedules staff alone for long periods of time. refuses to pay overtime, and will take it out of you pay. Accuses workers of theft, in order to maneuver legalities during lay offs.
Fun time! Positive space!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Everyone was super nice and positive. Long hours but not enough! Plenty of people but lacked communication! It was a great memorable company with some benefits
Fruitful experience with great coworkers and managers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 26, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of me making sure the floor is clean, dusted and swept, while handling the cash register and the put backs. On the occasion that we received shipments, I was also responsible for handling and storing the inventory.

The coworkers and management we're excellent. They were very welcoming and understanding as well as encouraging. Working with them and making customers happy were the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part was finding enough time to finish all the tasks for the day as it was usually busy.
Pros
Discounted in-store prices, great environment, excellent work experience.
Cons
N/A
My first job experience
Administrative Support, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 19, 2016
A good place to learn about customer service, some office duties and the beginning of management skills. There were good people who worked there and I learned a great deal.
Pros
learned many valuable skills
Cons
They closed most their stores when I was laid off
Fun place to work for especially you get to wear the clothes
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work, was getting emails from the head of the company and finding out the budget for the day. Co-workers were fun, my store manager at the time was a great help, teaching me tasks while she was away. The hardest part was store equipment not up to safety standards.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Store equipment not up tp standards
A Journey only for new commers
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Fairweather is a good job for people without experience and this experience is good maximum for 1 year. After that they should start looking to find a new job that has more class in fancier place.
Pros
Good experience in retail
Cons
High expectation compare to the duty
fairweather
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 18, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers.
I challenge myself to make sure every customer leaves happy and smiling.
I enjoy working as a team with my co-workers.
Pros
flexable schedules
Cons
supervisors are switched on a regular basis
Great place for advancement.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 30, 2016
Great jumps to career. Unfortunately, if you make an error, you're held accountable and that is the only way to learn in this company. Great people to work with though. Down to earth people and no diva attitude.
Was responsible for too much
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 2, 2016
I was asked to do a bit too much because I was the only male employee in the store and apparently the only one that knew anything about mens products. I asked to hire or train more staff to cover the half of the store but my requests were ignored.
good working experiance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 19, 2016
get chance to meet new people

like to finish work under dead lines and pressure

hardest part was sometimes 12 hours shifts
loved my job at Fairweather, and had a great overall experience in my working life at Fairweather.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONOctober 1, 2012
My typical day would include addressing staff performance and goal setting, also reviewing daily store needs i.e.merchandising of product, right mix and balance of product, scheduling and budgeting.
The hardest part of my job was again trying to get people in head office to see what youy do when something would occur and you might have a better Idea.
Loved the day to day fast pace and the different things that were
always part of a typical day.I loved that you had to think on your feet at times and could come up with a solution to what was was needed at that moment.
Pros
good pay, good company, good benefits, fast pace
Cons
long hours, stress, and somtimes dealing with red tape
Great job
Key holder (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMarch 9, 2015
I quite enjoyed this job as well. they are good to their staff and lovely locals who shop here. never a dull moment. And you always get a variety of different people.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
its in steinbach
Poor Management
Area Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 4, 2015
This company is very poorly organized and practices unethical pricing by marking prices up only to mark them down. Very embarrassing to work for an organization that does this sort of behaviors.
fun place to work
Part-time Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONOctober 7, 2015
fun to work, during the weeks day was not busy on weekends very busy, great management nice co-workers. Good company, help me when needed.
Enjoyed the environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 30, 2015
This was a great learning experience and it brought me to realize how much I enjoy the visual end and maybe even getting into a course for Visual Merchandising.
Pros
relaxed environment
Decent Store
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJune 10, 2015
The management was terrible. The coworkers that I had at the store were so great but they have all either been fired or quit since I started as the management from Vancouver was ridiculous and rude.
Pros
Good location
productive workplace
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2015
Developed great customer service skills by interacting with the customers as well as my peers. Hours were limited but for someone like me who was in school at time it didn't really effect me. The company wasn't really organized. Overall, it was a great experience.
Pros
got along with other co-workers
Cons
limited hours
100% customer service
Sales/Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONSeptember 18, 2015
The most fun I had at this job was dressing up the manikin. I do some modeling during my spare time so dressing up a manikin was easy for me because I am really good with fashion and putting clothes together to make it look good.
Sales Associate, p/t (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Provided sales assistance to customers visiting the store. Sometimes busy, sometimes not, depending on the season. Holidays were the busiest.
Pros
Enjoyed assisting clients
Cons
when it's not busy the time dragged
enjoyable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 3, 2015
Enjoyed working in fashion, also working in Metrotown Mall was challenging but rewarding. I enjoy fast paced-environments.