Fairweather

Fairweather Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Managerial duties
Manager (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCJune 30, 2014
This should be discussed during an interview. I conducted Managerial duties on a daily basis. I will go into detail about this job when it is required of me during an interview.
Fun fast paced friendly enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: my staff, location wise in the mall
Cons: long hours, short lunch breaks, sometimes understaff
Typical day at work would be; assisting the customer with their purchase. Providing excellent customer service. Cashing out merchandise. Interacting with the customers and their needs. Receiving new shipment. Cleaning the store after hours.
My co-workers are amazing to work with. They make the long hours go by. Sometimes its as if we don't want to leave. – more... Its like a little family. – less
Retail
Key Holder/ Team Leader (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 4, 2014
A great team, busy days, constantly changing. Enthusiastic and hardworking manager.
unpredictable and challenging workplace with great experiences
Key Holder (Former Employee), Vaughan onApril 29, 2014
Pros: appreciative customers and plesant employees
Cons: no flexibility or benifits
Fairweather was a great experience for me. I first started with the location as it was just being built up from scratch. I played a great role in putting up wall fixtures according to HO visual guidelines, sorting and placing new stock to create a store presentable for grand opening and our customers, and executed proper marketing placement for effective – more... sales for the company.

After my three months probation I was then promoted to key holder. A typical day as a key holder consisted of opening and closing; the store and store logs, bank logs, files, communication systems, and cash systems, Also supervising employees and outside assisting staff, and managing the stores daily functions. A typical day also consisted of marketing changes in store, and shipping/receiving and placing new product.

One strength I learned about myself from being in management at Fairweather, is that there were times I found it necessary to complete a task even when off shift. The hardest part of my job as Management in Fairweather was trying to rise above the competition at all times. As for the my Coworkers, there were times when everyone was in unison and then there were times when everyone needed their own attention. The most enjoyable parts of my job was learning new skills, new product, and new personalities.

I appreciate the experience. – less
i LOVE READING AND DANCING
Customer Service (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCApril 15, 2014
Answered multiple phone lines and directed them to the appropriate staff member Good interpersonal skills to maintain good rapport with customers and staff Communicated well at all levels to obtain necessary department information, verify facts and satisfy customer concerns. Developed an effective billing database in order to provide better customer – more... service. – less
Helping customers
Customer Service (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2014
I love working at Fairweather because the costumers and co-workers are very friendly and kind . I had many experiences such as key holders and sales associations.
Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2014
Not a lot of people coming in to purchase merchandise
How to have good customer service skills
Good co-workers
Trying to get people to come in the store was the hardest part
High energetic, past paced environment
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2014
Fastpaced environment. Very close group of employees. I enjoyed being part of supportive group.
Indipendent working environment with great coworkers
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Open and closing store
Handled a cash flow
Merchandised store
Assisted customer complaints
Help train new staff members
Good part time job
Customer Service Representative - Part Time (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: good interaction with customer
Cons: have to work weekends
Good part time position and a way of getting out of the house for some pocket expenses.
Fun fast paced environment
Assistant manager (Former Employee), ottawa, onJanuary 12, 2014
The staff was very friendly and management was always helpful in making sure I felt comfortable in the tasks I was performing. I definitely received the most training and experience working for Fairweather
No room to move up
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 8, 2014
there just wasn't any more room to move up with in the store. for me to go more with the company anymore
Not a busy store
Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: not enough shifts
I didn't work at Fairweather for too long because I had started school and that got in the way, The store wasn't very busy at all so there wasn't a whole lot of shifts available.
Fairweather
Part-time employee (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 21, 2013
Pros: there is music to keep up the positivity all day.
Cons: i would love there to be a bonus for the employees based on sales and overall job productivity.
I come in mostly in the late afternoon or early evening. I jump onto the sales floor with anticipation of the shift. I really love my job. I enjoy helping the consumer feel good with the purchase they made for themselves or as a gift.

I organize the store and make sure the daily duties are being performed as asked or posted.

At the end of the day, – more... I help with the cleaning of the store and assist with the closing of the store.

I take pride in my work, wherever it may be. I enjoy working with a team as well as working alone with little or no supervision. – less
Great team to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 4, 2013
Everyone at fairweather taught me a lot about the work force. I started as a co-op student and the team built a strong seller. I was pushed to match budgets however it was for the best.
Train and Motivate
Key Holder / Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Pickering, ONNovember 18, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: renovations in the store
Fairweather was an interesting place to work , I had a lot of responsibilities . Everyday was very different than the last, I was doing every position in the store. I opened and closed as a Key Holder , I helped with interviews and hired new employees , as well as training as a Manager. I would do our mark ups/ mark downs on products, also organizing – more... the store as a Visual merchandiser . I kept the store very clean as a cleaner. So I have definitely learned a lot working there. Since this store had such a high volume of traffic, there was never a dull moment , and there was always something to do and that's what I liked. If I am at my job, I like to keep myself busy and motivated . My co-workers were also really easy to work with as well, – less
n/a
* sales
* cash
learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 3, 2013
working for Fairweather was interesting. I was surrounded by a lot of new things that I didn't have the chance to understand in my earlier retail experience. I learned to run a retail store on my own by the age of 19. I see that as a huge accomplishment.
enjoyable and pleasant atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 1, 2013
Pros: bonus on achieving sales target
Cons: to achieve the target during off session.
Love to work in the company where I started as a sales person and reach to the position of manager. Lot of things learned including customer service, sales, management and bookkeeping. Management was very good and helpful with good vision. Coworkers were nice and cooperative. Achieve the target during off session. Achieved the sales target.
Company which admires integrity, hard .work and dedication
Store Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, OnFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: opportunity for advancement.
Cons: 6 day work weeks.
Everyday at Fairweather was eventful. There was also great opportunities, ranging from in store opportunity and growth, and growth within the entire company. I received great experience by having the ability to work at other locations, and be a part of making other stores successful. It was a great time to work at Fairweather.