Fairweather

Fairweather Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A fast pace environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 27, 2015
Cons: short hours
usually busy and hectic
learned interpersonal skills and how to deal with customers
co-workers were mostly easy to get along with
odd scheduling and small number of employees sometimes made it difficult to work on busy days
setting up displays was the most enjoyable part
productive.
Assistant Manager to Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 17, 2015
shift work, managed a staff of 20 people.
payroll and schedules and accepting shippments and sending shippments. dealt with customer service issues that came up.
Typical Retail - Not much room for growth
Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2015
Pros: Can learn everything there is to know about retail.
Cons: Not much help from DM or head office. Small amount of hours given to accomplish a lot of work.
Low wages but easy work. Hard to find employees who will work for minimum wage and stay with the company. Can be fun if you are working with a good team. Great experience for those who want to learn more but little reward.
great environment
Sales (Current Employee), mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: working with people
Cons: not enough hours
My day at fair weather would start by arriving 15 min. early , putting my stuff in the back and clocking in. After clocking I would then check the clip broad to check our goals for the day and who does what at closing (i.e- mirrors, floors, bathroom) everyone on that shift would have to clean the racks and tables for the following day. During my shift I would clean racks and tables while greeting customers and making sales including being on cash. At the end of my shift I would do my assigned job and every now then my manager or the keyholder would show me how to close till. Also this year I was put in to do inventory.
Great job
Key holder (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: its in steinbach
I quite enjoyed this job as well. they are good to their staff and lovely locals who shop here. never a dull moment. And you always get a variety of different people.
Productive and positive work environment
Key Holder (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 17, 2014
Pros: understanding
Fairweather of International Clothiers has been a positive work experience to increase my knowledge of the establishment and the business of retail. Being promoted to a key holder position, increases responsibility. I learned to open and close the store, handle the till accounting and deposits at the end of the night. As well, to send timely read e-mails to management and to do in-store transfers. The overall environment of the workplace is friendly, productive, and supportive in learning.
average retail job
Customer service relations (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 5, 2014
Pros: community, potlucks, staff get togethers
Cons: low wages, poor organization from head office, budget cuts
Fairweather was a typical retail job with a lot of evening and weekend shifts which worked well for student hours. A typical day here was opening or closing the store, handling cash, running fitting rooms, shipping and receiving stock, doing the visual layout, and assisting customers. Because of the shortage of staff and budgets the staff at this store were required to run the whole store and work for low wages. I learnt how to visual merchandise, and provide exceptional customer service. The manager at the location I worked at was amazing, she gave a nice work life balance and we often would have staff potlucks and had a really great work community. The hardest part of the job was working for a low wage and then running the whole store because head office was very unorganized and never provided enough budget for employee hours. the most enjoyable part of the job was the community we built with the staff.
Fun, encouraging and enjoyable
Stock sales floor (Former Employee), Toronto ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free admittance into the cne
Cons: distance and minimum employee accomodations
This was my first job before Sobeys but it only lasted for about 2 weeks. I did enjoy going to work almost everyday. Interacting with new people, gaining experience in the retail industry and having fun at the same time. I would stock the sales floor, assist employees at the front desk, made sure the company did not lose any merchandise and I kept the store clean and efficient at all times. The hardest part about working at Fairweather's location at the CNE was the distance. It took me about over an hour to commute to work with public transit. I managed to make it work and I'm proud of myself for sticking with it. Overall, this job encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone and try different things.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Maple, ONOctober 1, 2014
During my time at Fairweather i would cash customers out quickly and efficiently, work in fitting rooms, on the floor and greeted. I was always able to ensure every customer had a positive shopping experience. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work in a team enviroment and help fellow employees with their weak spots and also recieve help with mine.
travelling and productive
great teamwork
travelling
Fun and Productive
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 13, 2014
Always a good work enviroment.
Co-workers are always great to work with.
Management is good.
Very basic job, cleaning, stocking, etc.
Fun fast paced friendly enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: my staff, location wise in the mall
Cons: long hours, short lunch breaks, sometimes understaff
Typical day at work would be; assisting the customer with their purchase. Providing excellent customer service. Cashing out merchandise. Interacting with the customers and their needs. Receiving new shipment. Cleaning the store after hours.
My co-workers are amazing to work with. They make the long hours go by. Sometimes its as if we don't want to leave. Its like a little family.
Retail
Key Holder/ Team Leader (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 4, 2014
A great team, busy days, constantly changing. Enthusiastic and hardworking manager.
unpredictable and challenging workplace with great experiences
Key Holder (Former Employee), Vaughan onApril 29, 2014
Pros: appreciative customers and plesant employees
Cons: no flexibility or benifits
Fairweather was a great experience for me. I first started with the location as it was just being built up from scratch. I played a great role in putting up wall fixtures according to HO visual guidelines, sorting and placing new stock to create a store presentable for grand opening and our customers, and executed proper marketing placement for effective sales for the company.

After my three months probation I was then promoted to key holder. A typical day as a key holder consisted of opening and closing; the store and store logs, bank logs, files, communication systems, and cash systems, Also supervising employees and outside assisting staff, and managing the stores daily functions. A typical day also consisted of marketing changes in store, and shipping/receiving and placing new product.

One strength I learned about myself from being in management at Fairweather, is that there were times I found it necessary to complete a task even when off shift. The hardest part of my job as Management in Fairweather was trying to rise above the competition at all times. As for the my Coworkers, there were times when everyone was in unison and then there were times when everyone needed their own attention. The most enjoyable parts of my job was learning new skills, new product, and new personalities.

I appreciate the experience.
i LOVE READING AND DANCING
Customer Service (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCApril 15, 2014
Answered multiple phone lines and directed them to the appropriate staff member Good interpersonal skills to maintain good rapport with customers and staff Communicated well at all levels to obtain necessary department information, verify facts and satisfy customer concerns. Developed an effective billing database in order to provide better customer service.
Helping customers
Customer Service (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2014
I love working at Fairweather because the costumers and co-workers are very friendly and kind . I had many experiences such as key holders and sales associations.
Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2014
Not a lot of people coming in to purchase merchandise
How to have good customer service skills
Good co-workers
Trying to get people to come in the store was the hardest part
High energetic, past paced environment
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2014
Fastpaced environment. Very close group of employees. I enjoyed being part of supportive group.
Indipendent working environment with great coworkers
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Open and closing store
Handled a cash flow
Merchandised store
Assisted customer complaints
Help train new staff members
Good part time job
Customer Service Representative - Part Time (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: good interaction with customer
Cons: have to work weekends
Good part time position and a way of getting out of the house for some pocket expenses.