Fairweather Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work for especially you get to wear the clothes
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: Store equipment not up tp standards
A typical day at work, was getting emails from the head of the company and finding out the budget for the day. Co-workers were fun, my store manager at the time was a great help, teaching me tasks while she was away. The hardest part was store equipment not up to safety standards.
A Journey only for new commers
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Good experience in retail
Cons: High expectation compare to the duty
Fairweather is a good job for people without experience and this experience is good maximum for 1 year. After that they should start looking to find a new job that has more class in fancier place.
My first job experience
Administrative Support, Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: learned many valuable skills
Cons: They closed most their stores when I was laid off
A good place to learn about customer service, some office duties and the beginning of management skills. There were good people who worked there and I learned a great deal.
Poor Management
Area Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 4, 2015
This company is very poorly organized and practices unethical pricing by marking prices up only to mark them down. Very embarrassing to work for an organization that does this sort of behaviors.
Enjoyed the environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: relaxed environment
This was a great learning experience and it brought me to realize how much I enjoy the visual end and maybe even getting into a course for Visual Merchandising.
fun place to work
Part-time Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Pickering, ONOctober 7, 2015
fun to work, during the weeks day was not busy on weekends very busy, great management nice co-workers. Good company, help me when needed.
enjoyable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 3, 2015
Enjoyed working in fashion, also working in Metrotown Mall was challenging but rewarding. I enjoy fast paced-environments.
100% customer service
Sales/Co-op Student (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 18, 2015
The most fun I had at this job was dressing up the manikin. I do some modeling during my spare time so dressing up a manikin was easy for me because I am really good with fashion and putting clothes together to make it look good.
Sales Associate, p/t (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed assisting clients
Cons: when it's not busy the time dragged
Provided sales assistance to customers visiting the store. Sometimes busy, sometimes not, depending on the season. Holidays were the busiest.
Fun time! Positive space!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Everyone was super nice and positive. Long hours but not enough! Plenty of people but lacked communication! It was a great memorable company with some benefits
productive workplace
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2015
Pros: got along with other co-workers
Cons: limited hours
Developed great customer service skills by interacting with the customers as well as my peers. Hours were limited but for someone like me who was in school at time it didn't really effect me. The company wasn't really organized. Overall, it was a great experience.
Productive & Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2015
Fairweather was a great experience for me because I want to do Retail Manage,ent when I'm older, I've learned to be more patient, caring & understanding towards customers and faster customer service is needed!!
Decent Store
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJune 10, 2015
Pros: Good location
Cons: Management
The management was terrible. The coworkers that I had at the store were so great but they have all either been fired or quit since I started as the management from Vancouver was ridiculous and rude.
A fast pace environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 27, 2015
Cons: short hours
usually busy and hectic
learned interpersonal skills and how to deal with customers
co-workers were mostly easy to get along with
odd scheduling and small number of employees sometimes made it difficult to work on busy days
setting up displays was the most enjoyable part
productive.
Assistant Manager to Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 17, 2015
shift work, managed a staff of 20 people.
payroll and schedules and accepting shippments and sending shippments. dealt with customer service issues that came up.
Typical Retail - Not much room for growth
Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2015
Pros: Can learn everything there is to know about retail.
Cons: Not much help from DM or head office. Small amount of hours given to accomplish a lot of work.
Low wages but easy work. Hard to find employees who will work for minimum wage and stay with the company. Can be fun if you are working with a good team. Great experience for those who want to learn more but little reward.
great environment
Sales (Current Employee), mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: working with people
Cons: not enough hours
My day at fair weather would start by arriving 15 min. early , putting my stuff in the back and clocking in. After clocking I would then check the clip broad to check our goals for the day and who does what at closing (i.e- mirrors, floors, bathroom) everyone on that shift would have to clean the racks and tables for the following day. During my shift I would clean racks and tables while greeting customers and making sales including being on cash. At the end of my shift I would do my assigned job and every now then my manager or the keyholder would show me how to close till. Also this year I was put in to do inventory.
Great job
Key holder (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: its in steinbach
I quite enjoyed this job as well. they are good to their staff and lovely locals who shop here. never a dull moment. And you always get a variety of different people.
Productive and positive work environment
Key Holder (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 17, 2014
Pros: understanding
Fairweather of International Clothiers has been a positive work experience to increase my knowledge of the establishment and the business of retail. Being promoted to a key holder position, increases responsibility. I learned to open and close the store, handle the till accounting and deposits at the end of the night. As well, to send timely read e-mails to management and to do in-store transfers. The overall environment of the workplace is friendly, productive, and supportive in learning.
average retail job
Customer service relations (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 5, 2014
Pros: community, potlucks, staff get togethers
Cons: low wages, poor organization from head office, budget cuts
Fairweather was a typical retail job with a lot of evening and weekend shifts which worked well for student hours. A typical day here was opening or closing the store, handling cash, running fitting rooms, shipping and receiving stock, doing the visual layout, and assisting customers. Because of the shortage of staff and budgets the staff at this store were required to run the whole store and work for low wages. I learnt how to visual merchandise, and provide exceptional customer service. The manager at the location I worked at was amazing, she gave a nice work life balance and we often would have staff potlucks and had a really great work community. The hardest part of the job was working for a low wage and then running the whole store because head office was very unorganized and never provided enough budget for employee hours. the most enjoyable part of the job was the community we built with the staff.