Fairway Employee Reviews

HR Generalist
HR Executive (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DUNovember 5, 2015
Arms India is recruitment company based in bangalore,Inida.
I started my career in ARMS India PVT Ltd as a HR & ADMIN Executive
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
8 hours
Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYOctober 5, 2015
Balanced cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift. Greeted customers entering the establishment
I love the job but not the people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 23, 2015
I love dealing with customers and people in general. I had my everyday customers and especially the children. I loved helping them out and putting a smile on there faces. They didn't understand after FAIRWAY I have a life, responsibilities, family, school. If you was Spanish they treated us different.
management unprofessional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2015
I liked the job and was good at it. I was very helpful to the customers I served. I did not like management because of how they showed favortism to certain people. Most of the workers were very nice and pleasant t be around. If management wasn't being so unprofessional, I would have never left.
Pros
Allows you to always communicate with customers
Cons
management was very immature
Fun workplace
Voluntary staff (Former Employee) –  Southport, ENGJune 14, 2015
Most of the days during my voluntary stay at Fairway, a typical day would be specifically when the weather was beautiful, as me and my peers would have to get the guests ready and escort them to their trips. while working I had learned many forms of communication which will help me at any job that may be given to me. The hardest part while working at Fairway, would preferably be pushing a wheelchair as it was not as easy as it looked, it wore me out 100%! The most fun and enjoyable part at Fairway must be the entertainment me and the peers held on most days as we would get the guests together to end their wonderful day.
Pros
Free lunches and not having to pay to go on a trip
Fun Place
Sales Manager / New and Used Cars (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2015
Fun place, great staff, great co workers. the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of sales. Great owner. A typical day is to get motivated and ready
okay for a temporary part time
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
i would describe a typical day at work in fairway fair.
i have learned to place orders for items needed in the grocery dep.
co-workers are very motivational group of people and enjoy working with them.
Pros
union
Cons
horrible work hours can barely meet ends meet
High pressured and demanding workplace
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENGFebruary 2, 2015
My work day would start from 8am, we would hit the floor running most days with filling shifts for within the healthcare industry for companies across the midlands. I would have 58 staff to look after, managing them into the appropriate shifts for there skill set, and offering them more training for them to further there knowledge and careers. I learnt how prioritise my time, and delegate routine tasks to my staff equally across my sector. My two other co-workers worked very well within our set teams and came together to help when each other when one of us were racing against the clock. Our system worked so well that, that side of the company had a rise of 30% in 6 months. The hardest part of the job would be the week long 'on call' shifts from 7am until 11pm Tuesday to Sunday, It was a very demanding schedule, which you could not switch off from, even after 11pm, but you would continuously feel a sense of achievement throughout the day when you beat that clock!
Pros
great commission
working hard
Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJNovember 7, 2014
very productive company with room for growth different job on hand nice place hardest part of job holidays lot's of food prep.I learned how to place orders and run a kitchen my co workers are the best easy going and respectful the joyful part of the day is to see every body packing orders and getting our job done as one unit
Pros
discount on foods and catering orders
Cons
pay and weekend
Good place to start off working
Team Player (Former Employee) –  Ruislip, ENGOctober 6, 2014
A tough job at times with lack of staff, learn alot on the job. Organisation and team work being main parts to the job working within a team and having to use initiative to work things out for myself. Co-workers were very good to work with a helpful if help was ever needed, close knit team also which could at times make working at hard times easier. Enjoyed the social aspect of the job interacting with guests and providing a good service to them, hardest part to the job would be busy weekends with not enough memebers of staff. Also when the business would run out of certain products that then cannot be sold to the guests.

Want to know more about Fairway?

Ask a question
Excellent operations and internal products and controls
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 14, 2014
Several of my previous employers in the mortgage lending area have closed their operations and offices. Fairway is one of the few to stay open and would be the ideal place for a Loan Officer to work if the housing market were healthy. As it is, lending is at a low point and over-regulation by the federal government has caused a dramatic decrease in incomes and job security.

Management is capable and motivating, the staff is terrific but the market has collapsed and is still in the doldrums. Loan officers have had to find other employment.
Pros
excellent operations and back office.
Cons
their lending market has all but collapsed in last six years.
team work
Front end cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 24, 2014
team work commication
no hard part understanding costumer
i learned to handel money better
Good job role, always something to do
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, ENGJuly 1, 2014
I would arrive and clock in, let my managers know I was here, and then get to my role e.g. walking around the restaurant to see what jobs needed doing for example clearing, cleaning or resetting tables. I would make sure all customers were happy with their meals.
Pros
seeing workmates, working with happy customers
Working with customers
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hickory Hills, ILApril 21, 2014
I greeted customers with enthusiasm and took orders
sliced and weighed deli-meats and cheeses
Maintained and stocked all designated section areas
Santized and cleaned all areas in department
Handled accounts and cash effectively
Pros
there were none
Cons
there were none
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pelham, NYApril 6, 2014
Work a hour straight before you take a 15 minute break then you work way into your shift and take a thirty minute lunch break. Management was okay and some of the assistants would help if it became too busy. Hardest part is when there is no customers and work cannot be don't i find it easier when theres work to do the time tends to go by faster.
Pros
a lot of hours
Cons
no complaints
not a good environment
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYJanuary 19, 2014
first thing i walk in my manager doesnt even say hey good morning or afternoon, he says"ready?" feels like im a piece of meat there. nothing is hard about the job its gets frustrating how you are treated there by co-workers and managers. the most enjoyable thing about fairway is leaving. just an overall bad company to work for.pay is not bad but im looking for a career working 37 hours and making 9.50 does not cut it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
no job security
Customer service for retail and special orders (Current Employee) –  Kips bay lower east side manhattanNovember 14, 2013
i currently am employed at Fairway. Seems like everyone i know that works there is terminated just before they make the union and benefits kick in. Not for me. In addition they have me on a part time schedule. I need full time employment or the chance to secure a job that promises or at least gives that option in the near future. a promise for opportunity to grow would be nice.

typical day at work.
retail execution, maintenance and customer service
what i learned
bake off products
management
never there in the evening supervising. they leave me alone every night. they only work days.
Co workers
Shun away from responsibility leaving me the majority of the closing duties which i feel is inappropriate
Hardest part of the job
closing the dept and working the dept short staffed every night.
Most enjoyable part of the job
the customer interaction and service i render to them.
Pros
a check every week to barely make ends meet, i still appreciate but looking to leave.
Cons
write ups for every little detail we may forget regardless of we're overwhelmed with responsibility
smooth workplace with great employer and employees
Produce Clerk/Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2013
a typical day at work would include receiving payments for items purchased. Assisting customer request, and learned how to instruct a group of people on how to preoperly use a register. management was friendly and very work oriented as far as my employees they followed similar behavior. Hardest part of the job was having to see faces of people that didnt want to work certain days so they put faces of disposition.best part of my job would have to have to be dealing with customer request.
Very productive environment.
Chesse Department Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pelham Manor, NYOctober 16, 2013
I was in charge of stocking shelves, receiving deliveries, packing those deliveries out in the stock room, inventory and I also sold products to consumers.
Pros
very pleasant work environment.
nice place to work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 26, 2013
great place to work.

team spirit. would recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks