Fairway Employee Reviews

A great company!
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO7 October 2017
Fairway Family is the culture lived EVERY day. Passion witnessed in the workplace with expedited attention to detail. A fantastic work ethic displayed from th ground up. An amazing company that one does not see often.
Pros
Comparable PTO, benefits and discounts
I loved working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NY3 October 2017
It was one of the best jobs I experienced . It’s a fast paste environment . The people that work there are friendly and very helpful. The hours are flexible .
Empresa excelente,
copeira de diretoria (Former Employee) –  Alameda santos13 September 2017
Eu me sentia muita a vontade no ambiente de trabalho, companherismo dos colegas de trabalho.
Pros
Almoços na empresa
Cons
Nao
fun place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands7 September 2017
Love working for them just long hours .... the residential and nursing homes are not the same the care standards have totally fallen but overall fairway is amazing
Pros
nice staff
Terrible place to work!
Cheese Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 May 2017
Abusive and harassing management. Employees badgered and verbally abuse by management.
Employees are kept at part time status with the goal of management to eliminate before enrollment in the Union.
Subjected to reverse discrimination by management.
The union is a joke, they do not support their members. They just collect union dues and initiation fees and put on a show of support.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Fareway
Stocker/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Emmetsburg, IA28 April 2017
Work your hours and haul out groceries all day and straiten up and clean the store at night. Great for kids in high school and part time workers. Weekly pay.
Fairway
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NY5 February 2017
Dislike this place.. very unorganized and management at this place are not friendly. Very hands on and not a hard job at all. You deal with a lot of people
Stressful but can be fun at times.
Frontend Manager/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Douglaston, NY21 September 2016
My typical day at work was to be sure all my cashiers were doing what they were supposed to, occasional safe count while handling paperwork. I learned how to manage everything at once. The hardest part of my job would have to be having to manage when another manager or customer service rep. calls out. The most enjoyable part would have to be watching my coworkers interact with the children and helping the seniors with their bags, it gives off a warm feeling. Fairway is a big family with rules and restrictions.
Cons
Rejected days off when needed sometimes
It is a very diverse job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NY17 May 2016
Working at Fairway has given me the opportunity to work and achieve better customer service. I am able to interact and assist customers as well as being a cashier. I help customers understand how some prices we have to certain items we sell are or different from other Fairway Markets they have shopped at. I learned in this job we value a lot of customer service and we want them to keep continuing to come shop. The management their is intact but can be more organized. The hardest part of my job is dealing with customers who we are trying to help them understand and proceed to give them customer satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we meet people from all over the world which makes our company so diverse and expands horizons. We help the customers and they keep coming back.
Pros
Friendly, Understanding, Customer Satisifaction
Cons
Short breaks, Breaks never given on time, favoritism
A great place to work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NY1 May 2016
I feel appreciated. I also feel like I have an opportunity to advance in the company. People love to teach and learn. I enjoy management because they are fair and knowledgeable. I enjoy all aspects of my job.
Great work environment
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MA29 February 2016
Great atmosphere, team, and management. Everyone works as a team, and assist if needed. Great to communicate with the management, or co-workers.
fun place to work
deli (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJ17 November 2015
it was a great company and I learned a lot in my short time their they had great management and great customer service I truly enjoyed it
HR Generalist
HR Executive (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DU5 November 2015
Arms India is recruitment company based in bangalore,Inida.
I started my career in ARMS India PVT Ltd as a HR & ADMIN Executive
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
8 hours
Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NY5 October 2015
Balanced cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift. Greeted customers entering the establishment
I love the job but not the people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY23 August 2015
I love dealing with customers and people in general. I had my everyday customers and especially the children. I loved helping them out and putting a smile on there faces. They didn't understand after FAIRWAY I have a life, responsibilities, family, school. If you was Spanish they treated us different.
management unprofessional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NY22 August 2015
I liked the job and was good at it. I was very helpful to the customers I served. I did not like management because of how they showed favortism to certain people. Most of the workers were very nice and pleasant t be around. If management wasn't being so unprofessional, I would have never left.
Pros
Allows you to always communicate with customers
Cons
management was very immature
Fun workplace
Voluntary staff (Former Employee) –  Southport, ENG14 June 2015
Most of the days during my voluntary stay at Fairway, a typical day would be specifically when the weather was beautiful, as me and my peers would have to get the guests ready and escort them to their trips. while working I had learned many forms of communication which will help me at any job that may be given to me. The hardest part while working at Fairway, would preferably be pushing a wheelchair as it was not as easy as it looked, it wore me out 100%! The most fun and enjoyable part at Fairway must be the entertainment me and the peers held on most days as we would get the guests together to end their wonderful day.
Pros
Free lunches and not having to pay to go on a trip
Fun Place
Sales Manager / New and Used Cars (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV27 May 2015
Fun place, great staff, great co workers. the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of sales. Great owner. A typical day is to get motivated and ready
okay for a temporary part time
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NY10 March 2015
i would describe a typical day at work in fairway fair.
i have learned to place orders for items needed in the grocery dep.
co-workers are very motivational group of people and enjoy working with them.
Pros
union
Cons
horrible work hours can barely meet ends meet
High pressured and demanding workplace
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG2 February 2015
My work day would start from 8am, we would hit the floor running most days with filling shifts for within the healthcare industry for companies across the midlands. I would have 58 staff to look after, managing them into the appropriate shifts for there skill set, and offering them more training for them to further there knowledge and careers. I learnt how prioritise my time, and delegate routine tasks to my staff equally across my sector. My two other co-workers worked very well within our set teams and came together to help when each other when one of us were racing against the clock. Our system worked so well that, that side of the company had a rise of 30% in 6 months. The hardest part of the job would be the week long 'on call' shifts from 7am until 11pm Tuesday to Sunday, It was a very demanding schedule, which you could not switch off from, even after 11pm, but you would continuously feel a sense of achievement throughout the day when you beat that clock!
Pros
Great commission