Fairway Employee Reviews

It is a very diverse job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NY17 May 2016
Working at Fairway has given me the opportunity to work and achieve better customer service. I am able to interact and assist customers as well as being a cashier. I help customers understand how some prices we have to certain items we sell are or different from other Fairway Markets they have shopped at. I learned in this job we value a lot of customer service and we want them to keep continuing to come shop. The management their is intact but can be more organized. The hardest part of my job is dealing with customers who we are trying to help them understand and proceed to give them customer satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we meet people from all over the world which makes our company so diverse and expands horizons. We help the customers and they keep coming back.
Pros
Friendly, Understanding, Customer Satisifaction
Cons
Short breaks, Breaks never given on time, favoritism
A great place to work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NY1 May 2016
I feel appreciated. I also feel like I have an opportunity to advance in the company. People love to teach and learn. I enjoy management because they are fair and knowledgeable. I enjoy all aspects of my job.
Great work environment
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MA29 February 2016
Great atmosphere, team, and management. Everyone works as a team, and assist if needed. Great to communicate with the management, or co-workers.
High pressured and demanding workplace
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG2 February 2015
My work day would start from 8am, we would hit the floor running most days with filling shifts for within the healthcare industry for companies across the midlands. I would have 58 staff to look after, managing them into the appropriate shifts for there skill set, and offering them more training for them to further there knowledge and careers. I learnt how prioritise my time, and delegate routine tasks to my staff equally across my sector. My two other co-workers worked very well within our set teams and came together to help when each other when one of us were racing against the clock. Our system worked so well that, that side of the company had a rise of 30% in 6 months. The hardest part of the job would be the week long 'on call' shifts from 7am until 11pm Tuesday to Sunday, It was a very demanding schedule, which you could not switch off from, even after 11pm, but you would continuously feel a sense of achievement throughout the day when you beat that clock!
Pros
Great commission
Cons
Excellent operations and internal products and controls
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GA14 August 2014
Several of my previous employers in the mortgage lending area have closed their operations and offices. Fairway is one of the few to stay open and would be the ideal place for a Loan Officer to work if the housing market were healthy. As it is, lending is at a low point and over-regulation by the federal government has caused a dramatic decrease in incomes and job security.

Management is capable and motivating, the staff is terrific but the market has collapsed and is still in the doldrums. Loan officers have had to find other employment.
Pros
Excellent operations and back office.
Cons
Their lending market has all but collapsed in last six years.
HR Generalist
HR Executive (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DU5 November 2015
Arms India is recruitment company based in bangalore,Inida.
I started my career in ARMS India PVT Ltd as a HR & ADMIN Executive
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
8 hours
Productive workplace with a complex IT infrastructure
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NY27 May 2013
A typical day at fairway as Help Desk Specialist included:
Respond to employee's computer queries and problems in a timely manner. Respond to down server, system outages, telecommunication issues/problems, and LAN situations. Coordinate resolution and escalate to vendor (outsourced system and service support), as appropriate. Production reports generation for Upper Management. Generates ad-hoc production reports upon users request. Update a knowledgebase database with daily technical issues, Maintain a daily log of work done categorized by job type. Worked in a collaborative work environment, assisting co-workers, and training new employees. The hardest part of the job was the job schedule; there were not weekends off, neither holidays. The most enjoyable part was the challenge of resolving new issues every day; acquiring a valuable technical experience.
Pros
Good job environment. Excellent upper management and co-workers relationship.
Cons
Not a well-defined IT staff salary policy.
no job security
Customer service for retail and special orders (Current Employee) –  Kips bay lower east side manhattan14 November 2013
i currently am employed at Fairway. Seems like everyone i know that works there is terminated just before they make the union and benefits kick in. Not for me. In addition they have me on a part time schedule. I need full time employment or the chance to secure a job that promises or at least gives that option in the near future. a promise for opportunity to grow would be nice.

typical day at work.
retail execution, maintenance and customer service
what i learned
bake off products
management
never there in the evening supervising. they leave me alone every night. they only work days.
Co workers
Shun away from responsibility leaving me the majority of the closing duties which i feel is inappropriate
Hardest part of the job
closing the dept and working the dept short staffed every night.
Most enjoyable part of the job
the customer interaction and service i render to them.
Pros
a check every week to barely make ends meet, i still appreciate but looking to leave.
Cons
write ups for every little detail we may forget regardless of we're overwhelmed with responsibility
not a good environment
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NY19 January 2014
first thing i walk in my manager doesnt even say hey good morning or afternoon, he says"ready?" feels like im a piece of meat there. nothing is hard about the job its gets frustrating how you are treated there by co-workers and managers. the most enjoyable thing about fairway is leaving. just an overall bad company to work for.pay is not bad but im looking for a career working 37 hours and making 9.50 does not cut it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
Fun workplace
Voluntary staff (Former Employee) –  Southport, ENG14 June 2015
Most of the days during my voluntary stay at Fairway, a typical day would be specifically when the weather was beautiful, as me and my peers would have to get the guests ready and escort them to their trips. while working I had learned many forms of communication which will help me at any job that may be given to me. The hardest part while working at Fairway, would preferably be pushing a wheelchair as it was not as easy as it looked, it wore me out 100%! The most fun and enjoyable part at Fairway must be the entertainment me and the peers held on most days as we would get the guests together to end their wonderful day.
Pros
Free lunches and not having to pay to go on a trip
management unprofessional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NY22 August 2015
I liked the job and was good at it. I was very helpful to the customers I served. I did not like management because of how they showed favortism to certain people. Most of the workers were very nice and pleasant t be around. If management wasn't being so unprofessional, I would have never left.
Pros
Allows you to always communicate with customers
Cons
management was very immature
fun place to work
deli (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJ17 November 2015
it was a great company and I learned a lot in my short time their they had great management and great customer service I truly enjoyed it
smooth workplace with great employer and employees
Produce Clerk/Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 November 2013
a typical day at work would include receiving payments for items purchased. Assisting customer request, and learned how to instruct a group of people on how to preoperly use a register. management was friendly and very work oriented as far as my employees they followed similar behavior. Hardest part of the job was having to see faces of people that didnt want to work certain days so they put faces of disposition.best part of my job would have to have to be dealing with customer request.
Good company
Maintenance Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT11 June 2012
Good company & management. Compensation somewhat below market.
Pros
growing business
Cons
pay below market
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pelham, NY6 April 2014
Work a hour straight before you take a 15 minute break then you work way into your shift and take a thirty minute lunch break. Management was okay and some of the assistants would help if it became too busy. Hardest part is when there is no customers and work cannot be don't i find it easier when theres work to do the time tends to go by faster.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
no complaints
Good place to start off working
Team Player (Former Employee) –  Ruislip, ENG6 October 2014
A tough job at times with lack of staff, learn alot on the job. Organisation and team work being main parts to the job working within a team and having to use initiative to work things out for myself. Co-workers were very good to work with a helpful if help was ever needed, close knit team also which could at times make working at hard times easier. Enjoyed the social aspect of the job interacting with guests and providing a good service to them, hardest part to the job would be busy weekends with not enough memebers of staff. Also when the business would run out of certain products that then cannot be sold to the guests.
Example: Productive and fun workplace and people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NY3 June 2012
good daily work
how to operate a cash register
good management
good co-workers
capacity of customers
helping customers
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short breaks
I love the job but not the people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY23 August 2015
I love dealing with customers and people in general. I had my everyday customers and especially the children. I loved helping them out and putting a smile on there faces. They didn't understand after FAIRWAY I have a life, responsibilities, family, school. If you was Spanish they treated us different.
nice place to work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT26 September 2013
great place to work.

team spirit. would recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Hard work
Receiver (Current Employee) –  New York, NY4 April 2012
average pay with little to no advancement. great for young adults and teenagers
Pros
busy, lots of work
Cons
short breaks

2.8