FAIRMONT Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Food and Beverage Outlets Manager - Duties Involve (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta23 June 2015
We will be relocating because of my wife's work but The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has been an amazing place to work, highly recommend to anyone to be a parte of this chain of hotels.
Pros
oportunities, professional team
Cons
productive and fun workplace.
ordertaker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2014
this job requires maximun mental and physical concentraion throughout the shift.my most fun time is at the end of ameal period i get a satisfied and happy guest compliments this gives the zeal to go an extra mile.
Pros
medical covers
Absolutely Terrible.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta27 April 2014
As a former employee of the fairmont Palliser hotel, I can tell you not to waste your time applying for this company.

All the departments are terrible. In my department, my manager never conducted evaluations of staff performance... and said daily that our performance was excellent. When I went to transfer to another property my manager insisted he would give me a positive reference... then (after transferring; and behind my back) told my new (potential) employers I was terrible (against the law).

It is a unionized environment. There is A LOT of unethical work practices going on here. There is also unsafe work being performed. No safety meetings. EVER.

Terrible managers, No training. Dead end job at its finest.

The company lies to your face. They allow workers who have been there for 30 plus years to use foul language and disrespect you.. only because such employees are so deep in their union seniority that it is impossible to terminate that employee.

they use foreign workers to complete work in the palliser and manipulate workers by threatening to send them back to their home countries if they do not co operate completely.

What about workers out east IN CANADA who are desperate for work?

I'm glad I quit. It is was a waste of time working there.

I'm sure you'll have the same experience.

Dishonest managers.
Unethical company.
No advancement.
Authority figures stealing your personal possessions without being disciplined.

awful experience.
Pros
Cheap accomodation
Cons
everything
Good quality products with beautiful lake in front of the hotel to relax after work .
Demi Chef De Partie - Pastry  (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB3 July 2013
A typical day at work :- A day starts with a lots of banquets need to go through all BEO'S in the morning, ordering the food store for day production's .
What I learned :- Who to go through all the BEO's In particular in Argyles .
Management :- Is all about origination of work "plan your work , work for plan "
Your Co-workers :- This is very important in busy day to take care of them and double check's with the functions in timely manner & had there break time on the duty hours .
The hardest part of the job :- Getting complain's about late setup for functions ..
The most enjoyable part of the job :- This is all about everyday shearing idea's and knowledge .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Moving forward in the industry .
Environnement de travail
Gardienne d'enfants (Current Employee) –  Montebello, QC20 June 2014
L'environnement de travail est parfait. J'aime les enfants mais je ne peux développer une carrière dans ce domaine. Mais je le fais pour m'amuser.