Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Avoid
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB17 May 2017
Avoid working for this company if you want to have a life and a salary that you can support your life
- Crazy hours
- Low salary
- Executives abuse management with long hours and no OT
- Executives are hypocrites and work 9-5
- no work-life balance, work is life
Great Place to Learn and Develop
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB13 May 2017
Fairmont is a fantastic company to work for--many ways to learn and develop. Great Management, and it is very easy to move up, and earn a higher position quickly
Huge Company, tons of opportunities
Part Time 2nd Cook, Pastry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2017
Very secure job with a lot of benefits and opportunities for advancement/relocation. Staff meal provided daily, discounts on stays at any Fairmont property in the world. Opportunities to switch between departments to maximize learning and connections. Good consistent pay
Read fine prints before joining
General Cook (Former Employee) –  Jasper Park Lodge, AB27 April 2017
Management and diversity ... it's clue for those who are smart enough to get it. Rest they ask you to sign agreement so that you cannot write on social media about what happens inside it.
Home/ work like balance challenge
Fairmont F&B (Current Employee) –  Banff, AB24 April 2017
Typically, this company will say that they promote a healthy home / work life balance but I don't believe it to be true. I realize it is a business and they want to make money, however it seems challenged. I believe they are headed in the right direction with the purchase of Accor though
Pros
free lunch, laundry
Cons
long hours, no support, encouragement
Great place
Labour management (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB18 April 2017
I had a great experience working for Fairmont, as an international company there is a lot of room for growth and advancement. You have many opportunities available to you here and I would highly recommend it.
Loved it
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Fairmont Hot Springs, BC11 April 2017
I enjoyed working with this company, they worked with me when i needed help as well as I helped them. We worked well as a team. And for the last 2 yrs working there I meet some great people. The food was good. I would go to the restaurant there and eat somethings.
Excellent
Senior Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 April 2017
Wonderful workplace with many opportunities for travel. Great, energetic workforce and lots of management support. Sales skills are key to maintaining good standings.
The most fun I've ever had at a job
Deli Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB3 April 2017
My typical day started at either 6am or 12 o'clock at night. It required me to deal with major language barriers and to learn about more than the product the outlet sold.

I was required to learn about the different services the hotel, and about the activities to do in the surrounding areas.

The management was very professional and very down to earth. Truly cared about the issues and the concerns the entire staff had.

The culture at the workplace was something like I've never experienced. Because it was such a secluded area, the people you work with become some of your best friends, and the people you spend the majority of your time with outside of work.

The hardest part about the job was the language barriers that came from the high volumes of tourism.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the location. There's nothing better than the Canadian Rockies.
pros and cons
Room Attendant/housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 April 2017
Work is full time/ mandatory overtime during summer then no work during rest of year.
Great job for students looking for seasonal work but benefits only available to permanent employees.
Best wages in the city.
Pros
wage/salary
Cons
only seasonal
fun environment and nice benefits
Shift Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 April 2017
shift rotations including graveyards are not my cup of tea. However, hotel has quite a few colleagues that are fun to be around with. Work environment is also fine. Hardest part of the job is the graveyard shifts for me, but some people are OK with it
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Shift rotations
Varies from hotel to hotel
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Canada / Scotland28 March 2017
Both hotels I worked at in Canada (Banff Springs and Chateau Whistler) were incredible! I loved them!! Having moved with the company for a third time to Scotland I was sadly disappointed.
Pros
Pay, Staff Housing, Other Staff
Cons
Different Hotels Work Differently.
One of the best employers for summer jobs
Housekeeping Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB14 March 2017
Worked in Lake Loiuse in summer as a housekeeper, best summer working experience I ever had, good salary, very supportive team and management culture, great working environment, nice view and very attractive benefit including subsidized food, living (in staff building) and best of all employee's big discount for their family to live in any Fairmont hotels/resorts around world! Highly recommended to students who look for summer job with great money and work experience!
Pros
employee discount, susidized meal and living
Cons
busy, heavy load and demanding work load
productive nice place to work
Cleaner (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Fairmont Hot Springs, BC11 March 2017
it is a good place to work overall the management is great and the work is easygoing. i would definitely recommend working here if you are seeking employment in the fairmont area
Pros
free lunch
Cons
N/a
Good experience
Tournant Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 March 2017
Great team atmosphere, great company values

Work is fast paced and there is always something to be doing.
I learned that I can depend on my team to help get work done.
So many outdoor activities
Steward (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB10 March 2017
Amazing place,amazing people, people that you can tell they're true and always helping each other without saying anything, friends like your family always there for you. Lovely place,lovely people
Great spot to work
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB6 March 2017
I worked at the Jasper park lodge for three years. It is a great spot too go when you are younger. There is definitely a outdoor atmosphere and a place were there is always something going on. It's a place were you can easily try new jobs and get experience in different hospitality areas
Pros
Fun athmosphere
Cons
Being away from family
Overall working here- it was a let down- but the people made it worth it
First Cook (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB1 March 2017
beautiful location , stunning scenery and views- overall my experience was okay - I mean you meet a lot of great people and that makes it worth while but for me for my career- it was 50 steps back and a punch in the face - it has taught me a lot but it's just not the path I want to take I want to experience all hospitality has to offer.
Pros
Great friends- snow- hikes- scenery - the lake- snowboarding -
Cons
Hourly wage, living accommodation
work experience
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB24 February 2017
It is one of the best property to work with...
we can do several; activities apart from work and fairmont organise small small activities and trips. and help you with performance
Pros
awesome
Cons
no cons
Amazing employee culture
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 February 2017
I was extremely pleasantly surprised with the employee culture and how positive it was. I was very lucky to be part of the team behind the promotion of employee morale and development.
I really enjoyed my time as an intern at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier. The team was very small and though I was unable to be hired on due to the lack of positions available, I learned a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3