Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews in Canada

Vibrant, exciting and ever changing - for the adventurer!
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, ABJune 1, 2016
Wonderful company, and amazing co-workers. Also, I can't forget to mention living in Lake Louise, Alberta definitely added to the awesome experience!
I would recommend to anyone wanting to explore new places, meet new people and try new things all while working for a great company to apply at the Fairmont Hotels and Resorts somewhere around the World!
Pros
Great food, great company, lovely accommodations, beautiful mountain setting, many perks/discounts at other Fairmont hotels and resorts, many opportunities for advancement and getting involved in company events/functions/volunteering/etc, lots of opportunity for overtime
Best place I've ever worked
House Person (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, BCMarch 18, 2016
Such a great group of staff!! You work hard and feel accomplished by the end of the day. The company motivates you and encourages advancement from within. Manager are always available to talk if any issues come up and things are quickly resolved. I will stay working with this company as long as I can!
Pros
Staff meals, benefits, hourly wage, coworkers, beautiful location, hotel history
Cons
Expensive parkade parking
Memorable...just ignore the negative aspects
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Fairmont Hot Springs, BCJune 13, 2016
My experience working there was awesome for the most part. The manager in my department and HR Manger need a lot more refined in their people skills as well as effective communication. Sometimes, "some" managers can get pretty nasty towards how they treat staff, and allowed to get away with it.
Very friendly atmosphere among employees.
Free lunch on shift, but you get what you pay for (leftovers and soup, mostly)
Needed to get creative for entertainment beyond alcohol when not on shift.

Ignoring the bad elements, my experience at Fairmont was a memorable one

The GM is not afraid to head into one of the departments like the Housekeeping department and work a shift
Pros
Discounts, gorgeous location, shuttle to work, free lunch
Cons
No shuttle from work for day workers, lunch is usually leftovers, management can get pretty nasty towards employees at times
Amazing Company
Administrative Assistant to VP of Treasury (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
Fairmont Hotels is a great company to work for. I enjoy working here with the staff that is ever encouraging and professional. Fairmont has great benefits and a fantastic work environment.
Pros
Candy Fridays, Tim Horton Wednesdays, Summer Flex Hours
Cons
Commuting into toronto, can not work from home
Interesting
Hostess (Former Employee) –  La Malbaie, QCJanuary 29, 2016
I think it was just because of my experience with them. I did loved my co-workers. Management was great in some parts but they could be very harsh. I learned my strength and my weakness big time and my managers made sure I knew my weakness. The job can be very stressful and taxing. A typical day for me was I welcomed clients that would enter in the restaurant and seat them down at tables. I managed the tables and the coffee bar. In all think the reason why I kinda loved my experience were my friends that I made.
(I'm saying in my opinion based on my experience.)
Pros
Tips, beautiful view
Cons
management, sporadic hours
it's a good place to learn and advance in the hospitality industry
Head Storekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ABJanuary 18, 2016
I started out at the age of 18 as a dish washer and within 4 years have advanced to Head Storekeeper. I was given the experience to make executive decisions that was fully supported by upper management. Working their helped to refine important skills that will help me out in the future.
Pros
cheap rent pay deducted
Cons
did not make enough
All is very Well
Hotel Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  CanadaFebruary 1, 2016
Work is a very great for me, it is a very manageable and it's easily to deal with other worker. it's helps me to inhanced my skills and I'm enyoy it doing my task everyday although there are times I encountered hardest part but at the end of the day it's fine and go home with a smile in your face because I love to work.
Pros
food is free
Cons
no overtime
Good opportunity
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, ABApril 30, 2016
Good place to learn and grow. With shift work it is hard to find work life balance. Some great and some horrible leadership. A place to learn and move on. Winters are hard unless you ski.
Pros
low cost living provided
Cons
sometimes stuck with poor leadership
energetic activities
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 9, 2016
when you enter at work site always wear a smile greet each and everyone have a group meetings talking about latest endorements and concernes apply the magic words of the day which is given by the manager and enjoy the work whole day.
Pros
free lunch
Productive and happy place
Casual Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 29, 2016
There is definitely a room to grow working with Fairmont staff. You will never matter how hard or tired you are because you are as well enjoying work with your colleagues. It`s definitely a happy and productive place.
A great company with a wonderful vision
Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, ABJune 20, 2016
I very much enjoyed my experience working for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. The company goes out of their way to insure guest satisfaction and stands by their vision and goal to "turn moments into memories".
Great opportunities
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, ABMay 29, 2016
At one point there was great opportunities to move up. As well it had a great work environment and home environment. I learned alot from the job i had but to potential for advancement quickly ended.
Pros
free lunch
Fairmont Family
Maintenance Person Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise, ABMay 5, 2016
Within the hotel we are all family. We see each other every day and understand the importance of working together towards a common goal: to create the Fairmont experience for all of our guests.
Do not work here
Nunya (Former Employee) –  BiznassJune 17, 2016
Management:

-HR is a joke so don't expect any human rights for employees. (HR manager is share bought sell out married into Fairmont ie: inbred scam artist) DOUCHE BAG!!

-The rest of upper management is gone home by 3 or probably on the golf course so management is among the worst (speaks for the quality of the company, cellar dwellers), so if you are someone who likes to work for a good company, FHSR rates at the very bottom.

Pay:

-with a $15/hr poverty line FHSR keeps employees at or below while trying to gain the rest back through slum staff accom./lunch etc. If you want to be dirt poor and work with coke heads, work at FHSR.

Staff Accommodation:

Absolute worst expensive disgusting slum you would ever see if you decide to work at this s#!+ hole which I don't recommend.

*could go on and on, anyone with any patience or customer service experience will want to hold out for a better company, I cannot stress enough that FHSR is among the worst companies to work for, or perhaps a polite way of wording it is that there are good companies to work for and Fairmont DOES DOT compare.
Pros
Cons
To many to list.
Professional and fast paced environment with extreme attention to detail.
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 14, 2016
• Day to day I would drive hotel guests, including celebrities around the city of edmonton or the airport. I also gave city tours from time to time.

• I learned how to advance my professionalism and social skills.

• I dealt with multiple managers and learned a greater respect for all of them.

• I worked with 250 employees in total, and along side the belldesk team hand in hand, so I have always loved other people, and this job gave me the opportunity to get to know many of them.

• Dealing with the Fort Mac guest was very difficult as tears were flowing and I personally made up help and relief flyers with viable information for them. Also we had terminal children stay with us which was heartbreaking. But doing something special for them made their stay a little better.

• Everyday I got to see new people and high end guests. Not only each and every unique interaction was special, but I learned many new things and got to meet hundreds of celebrities.
Pros
Cheap lunches/buffet style
Cons
unorganized managers at times
An excellent international Luxury Hotel Brand Focused on Personal Touches
CHEF DE PARTIE JUNE (Former Employee) –  Jasper AB , Southampton BermudaOctober 27, 2015
Fairmont provides all the tools one needs to drive their career forward. The support and training they provide colleagues gives them the ability to drive company goals.

Each day is a challenging balance of pressures and rewards. The culture of the company fosters a feeling of teamwork and family
Pros
Superior Benefits package
Cons
Remote Locations
Amazing workplace, with very friendly colleagues
Junior Server (Former Employee) –  VancouverOctober 18, 2015
My time working as an employee of the Fairmont was unforgettable. My colleagues were amazing and genuine people, who were all supportive, and hard workers. I really appreciated the management here, as they all were genuine, easy to talk to, and never failed to be there when you needed something. One of my favourite parts of this job was the opportunity they provided all employees to make a guests stay. Wether that meant surprise them with a dessert, or candy, or just something to personalize and engage with them, and to make their stay that much better. I loved working here and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
lunches provided, support from colleagues
Cons
late hours
A very good place to be employed
Stewards Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ABJanuary 25, 2016
I learned how to work in a fast pace environment where there is a lot going on. I learned leadership skills when working with a large group of people and taking charge.
Pros
I ate for free
Cons
Not as nice as it sounds
RMT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2016
Horrible management and unfair working conditions. Schedule changes without any notice and manager making staff cry.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Long hours without overtime
Fun Family
Server (Current Employee) –  VancouverOctober 6, 2015
A fun and dynamic work place with an extremely supportive management team from department supervisors to hotel GM's. Good company structure, I learned impeccable customer service at this hotel. Allowed independence and growth for each colleague with trust and honesty throughout the work place environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from industry professionals in the Sales & Marketing department all the way from the baristas in the hotel's coffee shop.

4.3