Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good opportunity
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABApril 30, 2016
Pros: low cost living provided
Cons: sometimes stuck with poor leadership
Good place to learn and grow. With shift work it is hard to find work life balance. Some great and some horrible leadership. A place to learn and move on. Winters are hard unless you ski.
Not as nice as it sounds
RMT (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2016
Pros: Great team
Cons: Long hours without overtime
Horrible management and unfair working conditions. Schedule changes without any notice and manager making staff cry.
Best place I've ever worked
House Person (Current Employee), Fairmont, BCMarch 18, 2016
Pros: Staff meals, benefits, hourly wage, coworkers, beautiful location, hotel history
Cons: Expensive parkade parking
Such a great group of staff!! You work hard and feel accomplished by the end of the day. The company motivates you and encourages advancement from within. Manager are always available to talk if any issues come up and things are quickly resolved. I will stay working with this company as long as I can!
energetic activities
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 9, 2016
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
when you enter at work site always wear a smile greet each and everyone have a group meetings talking about latest endorements and concernes apply the magic words of the day which is given by the manager and enjoy the work whole day.
Great relationships Built
Colleague (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Long Hours
The company provides the opportunity to make lots of great relationships and build skills that are very transferable.
All is very Well
Hotel Housekeeping (Former Employee), CanadaFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: food is free
Cons: no overtime
Work is a very great for me, it is a very manageable and it's easily to deal with other worker. it's helps me to inhanced my skills and I'm enyoy it doing my task everyday although there are times I encountered hardest part but at the end of the day it's fine and go home with a smile in your face because I love to work.
Interesting
Hostess (Former Employee), La Malbaie, QCJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Tips, beautiful view
Cons: management, sporadic hours
I think it was just because of my experience with them. I did loved my co-workers. Management was great in some parts but they could be very harsh. I learned my strength and my weakness big time and my managers made sure I knew my weakness. The job can be very stressful and taxing. A typical day for me was I welcomed clients that would enter in the restaurant and seat them down at tables. I managed the tables and the coffee bar. In all think the reason why I kinda loved my experience were my friends that I made.
(I'm saying in my opinion based on my experience.)
A very good place to be employed
Stewards Assistant (Former Employee), Jasper, ABJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: I ate for free
Cons: Long hours
I learned how to work in a fast pace environment where there is a lot going on. I learned leadership skills when working with a large group of people and taking charge.
it's a good place to learn and advance in the hospitality industry
Head Storekeeper (Former Employee), Jasper, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: cheap rent pay deducted
Cons: did not make enough
I started out at the age of 18 as a dish washer and within 4 years have advanced to Head Storekeeper. I was given the experience to make executive decisions that was fully supported by upper management. Working their helped to refine important skills that will help me out in the future.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Long hours, random schedule, low level management is generally unhelpful in larger issues, HR is excellent, sometimes no breaks
it is very good place to work.
Guest Attendant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 23, 2015
Pros: good wage
Cons: not any
it is a big company that gives a lots of opportunities to grow and develop new skills.
the management is supportive and colleagues are very friendly and professional.
Exciting work but mediocre life outside of work
Second Cook (Current Employee), Lake Louise, ABNovember 2, 2015
A typical day at work is making food items for the various outlets of the hotel as well as any functions. I like the work environment, however life outside of work is mediocre since the location is isolated with minimal recreational activities.
An excellent international Luxury Hotel Brand Focused on Personal Touches
CHEF DE PARTIE JUNE (Former Employee), Jasper AB , Southampton BermudaOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Superior Benefits package
Cons: Remote Locations
Fairmont provides all the tools one needs to drive their career forward. The support and training they provide colleagues gives them the ability to drive company goals.

Each day is a challenging balance of pressures and rewards. The culture of the company fosters a feeling of teamwork and family
Travel benefits are key
Apprentice (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABOctober 20, 2015
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: long hours/weeks
great people with lots of knowledge that are willing to teach you if your willing to learn. lots of room to move up. one person i worked with went from 1st cook to sous chef in 2 years.
Amazing workplace, with very friendly colleagues
Junior Server (Former Employee), VancouverOctober 18, 2015
Pros: lunches provided, support from colleagues
Cons: late hours
My time working as an employee of the Fairmont was unforgettable. My colleagues were amazing and genuine people, who were all supportive, and hard workers. I really appreciated the management here, as they all were genuine, easy to talk to, and never failed to be there when you needed something. One of my favourite parts of this job was the opportunity they provided all employees to make a guests stay. Wether that meant surprise them with a dessert, or candy, or just something to personalize and engage with them, and to make their stay that much better. I loved working here and would recommend it to anyone.
Decent place to work
HOTEL OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee), Jasper, ABOctober 17, 2015
Good company with nice perks. Beautiful location and good product. Opportunities for advancement & education. Some red tape and politics, as expected within a larger company.
Great location and with great people
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Jasper, CanadaOctober 14, 2015
As a housekeeping supervisor I was in charge of a team of room attendants. I would inspect all rooms to ensure cleanliness and maintenance issues were up to standard.
Want to go back.
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
I love structure. They told me how to do it and why they do it that way.

Just waiting for the right opportunity to work for this company again.
Forestry Technician/ Tree feller (Current Employee), jasper park lodgeOctober 9, 2015
I worked for the fairmont jasper park lodge. I worked on the golf course. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. It was an amazing place to work.
Fun Family
Server (Current Employee), VancouverOctober 6, 2015
A fun and dynamic work place with an extremely supportive management team from department supervisors to hotel GM's. Good company structure, I learned impeccable customer service at this hotel. Allowed independence and growth for each colleague with trust and honesty throughout the work place environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from industry professionals in the Sales & Marketing department all the way from the baristas in the hotel's coffee shop.
Headquarters