Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
All is very Well
Hotel Housekeeping (Former Employee), CanadaFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: food is free
Cons: no overtime
Work is a very great for me, it is a very manageable and it's easily to deal with other worker. it's helps me to inhanced my skills and I'm enyoy it doing my task everyday although there are times I encountered hardest part but at the end of the day it's fine and go home with a smile in your face because I love to work.
Interesting
Hostess (Former Employee), La Malbaie, QCJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Tips, beautiful view
Cons: management, sporadic hours
I think it was just because of my experience with them. I did loved my co-workers. Management was great in some parts but they could be very harsh. I learned my strength and my weakness big time and my managers made sure I knew my weakness. The job can be very stressful and taxing. A typical day for me was I welcomed clients that would enter in the restaurant and seat them down at tables. I managed the tables and the coffee bar. In all think the reason why I kinda loved my experience were my friends that I made.
(I'm saying in my opinion based on my experience.)
A very good place to be employed
Stewards Assistant (Former Employee), Jasper, ABJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: I ate for free
Cons: Long hours
I learned how to work in a fast pace environment where there is a lot going on. I learned leadership skills when working with a large group of people and taking charge.
it's a good place to learn and advance in the hospitality industry
Head Storekeeper (Former Employee), Jasper, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: cheap rent pay deducted
Cons: did not make enough
I started out at the age of 18 as a dish washer and within 4 years have advanced to Head Storekeeper. I was given the experience to make executive decisions that was fully supported by upper management. Working their helped to refine important skills that will help me out in the future.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Long hours, random schedule, low level management is generally unhelpful in larger issues, HR is excellent, sometimes no breaks
it is very good place to work.
Guest Attendant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 23, 2015
Pros: good wage
Cons: not any
it is a big company that gives a lots of opportunities to grow and develop new skills.
the management is supportive and colleagues are very friendly and professional.
Exciting work but mediocre life outside of work
Second Cook (Current Employee), Lake Louise, ABNovember 2, 2015
A typical day at work is making food items for the various outlets of the hotel as well as any functions. I like the work environment, however life outside of work is mediocre since the location is isolated with minimal recreational activities.
An excellent international Luxury Hotel Brand Focused on Personal Touches
CHEF DE PARTIE JUNE (Former Employee), Jasper AB , Southampton BermudaOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Superior Benefits package
Cons: Remote Locations
Fairmont provides all the tools one needs to drive their career forward. The support and training they provide colleagues gives them the ability to drive company goals.

Each day is a challenging balance of pressures and rewards. The culture of the company fosters a feeling of teamwork and family
Travel benefits are key
Apprentice (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABOctober 20, 2015
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: long hours/weeks
great people with lots of knowledge that are willing to teach you if your willing to learn. lots of room to move up. one person i worked with went from 1st cook to sous chef in 2 years.
Amazing workplace, with very friendly colleagues
Junior Server (Former Employee), VancouverOctober 18, 2015
Pros: lunches provided, support from colleagues
Cons: late hours
My time working as an employee of the Fairmont was unforgettable. My colleagues were amazing and genuine people, who were all supportive, and hard workers. I really appreciated the management here, as they all were genuine, easy to talk to, and never failed to be there when you needed something. One of my favourite parts of this job was the opportunity they provided all employees to make a guests stay. Wether that meant surprise them with a dessert, or candy, or just something to personalize and engage with them, and to make their stay that much better. I loved working here and would recommend it to anyone.
Decent place to work
HOTEL OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee), Jasper, ABOctober 17, 2015
Good company with nice perks. Beautiful location and good product. Opportunities for advancement & education. Some red tape and politics, as expected within a larger company.
Great location and with great people
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Jasper, CanadaOctober 14, 2015
As a housekeeping supervisor I was in charge of a team of room attendants. I would inspect all rooms to ensure cleanliness and maintenance issues were up to standard.
Want to go back.
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
I love structure. They told me how to do it and why they do it that way.

Just waiting for the right opportunity to work for this company again.
Forestry Technician/ Tree feller (Current Employee), jasper park lodgeOctober 9, 2015
I worked for the fairmont jasper park lodge. I worked on the golf course. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. It was an amazing place to work.
Fun Family
Server (Current Employee), VancouverOctober 6, 2015
A fun and dynamic work place with an extremely supportive management team from department supervisors to hotel GM's. Good company structure, I learned impeccable customer service at this hotel. Allowed independence and growth for each colleague with trust and honesty throughout the work place environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from industry professionals in the Sales & Marketing department all the way from the baristas in the hotel's coffee shop.
very busy workplace
second cook (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABSeptember 26, 2015
Worked in really busy outlets in hotels doing up to 800 covers daily
Interact with guests on carving, omelets, and anti-griddle stations
Grand luxury hotel in the heart of the city
Full time Concierge (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: Free tickets to shows and events. Complimentary meals at restaurants.
Cons: Incredibly busy and noisy. Concierge desk is four-sided box in the middle of the lobby
Quite enjoyed my time with Fairmont. To learn more about the industry, and the Fairmont principles, I ran for, and was elected as, President of the Service Plus Recognition and Reward program. it allowed great access to many departments and their respective staff members. How each department, Front of House or Heart of House, embodied the mission statement: "Turning moments into memories for our guests", allowed me to bring even more presence to the concierge position.

The hotel is a piece of living history and there were those rare moments of calm when it was possible to look out into that grand lobby and marvel at her beauty. many a time I took it upon myself to offer tours for inquiring guests.
Great Summer living at working at the lodge (JPL)
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Jasper ABAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Cheap living
Cons: you share a bedroom with a roommate
I worked as a banquet server for summer 2015, great management wonderful colleagues. Live on property, cheap living in Jasper National Park. Awesome biking and hiking
Professional and self development work environment
Front Desk Clerk Concierge / Internship (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Free meal
This is a fast paced hotel, i have learned a lot during my 4 months of Internship work here. The Front desk and Housekeeping department are very professional, motivated and inspirational leaders. Co- workers are also nice and fun to work with. They welcomed me warmly. The only downside of this job is whenever the subway is down along downtown core since The Fairmont Royal York is located in the heart of downtown Toronto, a lot of construction site are going on in this area. other than that working here is so much fun and inspiring! not to mention the free meal you get everyday for the employees :) It is my pleasure whenever i make guests satisfied. Having some experience at Royal York is definitely worth having :)
Great
Night Steward/ Room Attendant (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABJune 25, 2015
A great experience over all in the rockies, great management and a great atmosphere. Best place to gain experience and grow.
Headquarters