Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

What i learned
Income and Revenue Auditor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 August 2017
a typical work day begins with the checking of emails and collecting all paper work from other departments before sitting down to begin the day.
as the revenue and income auditor i learnt the value of a team that can work together. my team was like a second family to me.
Pros
Staff Cafe with discounted lunched and wide variety
Supervisor/Bartender
Supervisor/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Downtown Calgary, AB25 July 2017
Daily inventory
Ensuring all servers were meeting the quality of the hotel
Till/deposits
Serving customers
Maintaining clean and professional workplace
Pays well, but has a lot of problems and issues
Buss Person (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 July 2017
Very strong family feel amongst colleagues, working hard and likely long hours. Learned so much about customer service and ethics in fine dining restaurants. Management is where the problem stems: small, overrun and underappreciated team with a remarkable lack of support from the executives.
Pros
Pays very well
Cons
Huge lack in staffing and equipment
Management doesn't care when you come with concerns
Overnight Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB7 July 2017
Multiple times was ignored when needed assistance. They contradict themselves and don't want to allow a transfer. They don't do their job and throw the problems at you. Worked overtimes and never was appreciated or paid. When you go against their wishes, they threaten to fire.
Fairmont only cares about the image of the corporation!
food (Former Employee) –  fairmont pacificrim30 June 2017
The only hotel that is not unionized.
Employees have no power to speak out their opinions.
Micro management.
"Very" sensitive about social media ( managers will check on your social media and co-workers will snitch)
It's all about profit.
Not recommended
classical kitchen to work for
Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
I got to learn a lot in all areas of the kitchen. Worked under real red seal certified chefs and colleagues. The schedule was flexible and was willing to work around a second income.
Pros
free staff meals, offsite functions
Cons
need to live close in order to have a happy life.
Fun Place to Work!
HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 May 2017
I loved working for the Fairmont - management was great, they made a point to say hi to you everyday, and the staff was fun. I'd go back in a heartbeat!
Avoid
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB17 May 2017
Avoid working for this company if you want to have a life and a salary that you can support your life
- Crazy hours
- Low salary
- Executives abuse management with long hours and no OT
- Executives are hypocrites and work 9-5
- no work-life balance, work is life
Great Place to Learn and Develop
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB13 May 2017
Fairmont is a fantastic company to work for--many ways to learn and develop. Great Management, and it is very easy to move up, and earn a higher position quickly
Huge Company, tons of opportunities
Part Time 2nd Cook, Pastry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2017
Very secure job with a lot of benefits and opportunities for advancement/relocation. Staff meal provided daily, discounts on stays at any Fairmont property in the world. Opportunities to switch between departments to maximize learning and connections. Good consistent pay
Read fine prints before joining
General Cook (Former Employee) –  Jasper Park Lodge, AB27 April 2017
Management and diversity ... it's clue for those who are smart enough to get it. Rest they ask you to sign agreement so that you cannot write on social media about what happens inside it.
Home/ work like balance challenge
Fairmont F&B (Current Employee) –  Banff, AB24 April 2017
Typically, this company will say that they promote a healthy home / work life balance but I don't believe it to be true. I realize it is a business and they want to make money, however it seems challenged. I believe they are headed in the right direction with the purchase of Accor though
Pros
free lunch, laundry
Cons
long hours, no support, encouragement
Great place
Labour management (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB18 April 2017
I had a great experience working for Fairmont, as an international company there is a lot of room for growth and advancement. You have many opportunities available to you here and I would highly recommend it.
Loved it
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Fairmont Hot Springs, BC11 April 2017
I enjoyed working with this company, they worked with me when i needed help as well as I helped them. We worked well as a team. And for the last 2 yrs working there I meet some great people. The food was good. I would go to the restaurant there and eat somethings.
Excellent
Senior Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 April 2017
Wonderful workplace with many opportunities for travel. Great, energetic workforce and lots of management support. Sales skills are key to maintaining good standings.
The most fun I've ever had at a job
Deli Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB3 April 2017
My typical day started at either 6am or 12 o'clock at night. It required me to deal with major language barriers and to learn about more than the product the outlet sold.

I was required to learn about the different services the hotel, and about the activities to do in the surrounding areas.

The management was very professional and very down to earth. Truly cared about the issues and the concerns the entire staff had.

The culture at the workplace was something like I've never experienced. Because it was such a secluded area, the people you work with become some of your best friends, and the people you spend the majority of your time with outside of work.

The hardest part about the job was the language barriers that came from the high volumes of tourism.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the location. There's nothing better than the Canadian Rockies.
pros and cons
Room Attendant/housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 April 2017
Work is full time/ mandatory overtime during summer then no work during rest of year.
Great job for students looking for seasonal work but benefits only available to permanent employees.
Best wages in the city.
Pros
wage/salary
Cons
only seasonal
fun environment and nice benefits
Shift Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 April 2017
shift rotations including graveyards are not my cup of tea. However, hotel has quite a few colleagues that are fun to be around with. Work environment is also fine. Hardest part of the job is the graveyard shifts for me, but some people are OK with it
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Shift rotations
Varies from hotel to hotel
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Canada / Scotland28 March 2017
Both hotels I worked at in Canada (Banff Springs and Chateau Whistler) were incredible! I loved them!! Having moved with the company for a third time to Scotland I was sadly disappointed.
Pros
Pay, Staff Housing, Other Staff
Cons
Different Hotels Work Differently.
One of the best employers for summer jobs
Housekeeping Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB14 March 2017
Worked in Lake Loiuse in summer as a housekeeper, best summer working experience I ever had, good salary, very supportive team and management culture, great working environment, nice view and very attractive benefit including subsidized food, living (in staff building) and best of all employee's big discount for their family to live in any Fairmont hotels/resorts around world! Highly recommended to students who look for summer job with great money and work experience!
Pros
employee discount, susidized meal and living
Cons
busy, heavy load and demanding work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3