Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Buzy with opportunity for travel
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee), Toronto, ontarioMarch 18, 2014
Buzy but rewarding workplace
Small intimate teams
opportunities for travel
can be long hours
Internal and external learning opportunities.
Manager, Corporate Communications (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: seriously discounted hotel rates.
Cons: job growth can often require relocation.
Strong corporate culture that encourages continuous learning and celebrating the small stuff!
With the great responsible of this position came great learning opportunities. Fast paced environment.
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABFebruary 12, 2014
• Maintained company policies and supervised 25 stewards and 16 servers in 4 kitchens/restaurants to ensure the highest level of customer service for celebrities and tourists. Also met with management on a weekly basis to present all successes and concerns.
• Assessed all events in great detail and complied with company procedures to make sure all clients – more... were served and highest level of standards was met at all times.
• Performed daily or nightly auditing and ensured all employees schedules and reports were complete and always to the management’s expectation as well as discussed employee concerns.
• Registered or cancelled client reservations and informed clients of all amenities and the many tourist attractions in the area. Also inspected every employees work to ensure accuracy to company standards and/or special needs as well as V.I.P. requests. – less
Productive and open communications environment
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free packing, free lunch, friendly environment
Cons: deal with user request immediately
Review tickets from daily requests.
Review and log backups from previous day.
Respond to change request
Support users
Exciting, faced paced environment. Reputable company that took care of their employees.
Fairmont's Presidents Club Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great health / dental benefits and rrsp contributions.
Cons: shift work, long hours
Working at the Fairmont Royal York taught me so much.
It heightened my time management skills, taught me the importance of staying organized, showed me that through empathy and communication almost every conflict can be resolved and the importance of taking ownership and pride in my work.
There was no "typical" day at the Royal York, because their was – more... no "typical" guest. I have learned to treat everyone as an individual and that if you can anticipate others needs before they even knew themselves, then they could feel valued and at home.
I think the people that I worked with, the team (or family), was what made the most challenging parts of my job enjoyable. If ever unsure, we were comfortable and confident to help each other.
The most challenging part at the Royal York was meeting everyone's needs quickly but still not rushing so you could maintain the warmth and sincerity in each interaction.
The best part of my job was putting a smile on someone's face by recognizing something special to them and being able to take that thing and turn it into a memory at the hotel that would forever stay with them. – less
Guest Service
Guest Service Agent & Front Door Attendant (Current Employee), Whistler, BCJanuary 4, 2014
Turning moments into memories, exemplifying the companies mission statement and core values. Being an ambassador of community and culture, working on an equal employment basis.
Producive, Fast Paced, Continously Learning
Royal Service Operator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2013
Pros: staff cafeteria
Cons: open 24 hours 7 days a week
A very busy and historic hotel that looks to turn moments into memories for all its guests.
Outstanding Experience
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Jasper, ABNovember 25, 2013
Working with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts was an exceptional experience of a lifetime. The Brand name says it all. Work culture and colleague appreciation based on performance cannot be neglected. While working in Housekeeping department, I focused to learn each and every minor detail which I could utilize as a learning experience so as to balance Front – more... Office with housekeeping department flawlessly.

After my graduation, now I feel fully prepared to start my career in Front Office with my skills and experience. – less
with free food and accommodation
Security Officer and CCTV Control Officer (Former Employee), Dubai, DUNovember 23, 2013
its a good place and company in terms of employee benefits since we are free of transportation and food and accommodation.
beautiful hotel at beautiful location
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABNovember 22, 2013
Pros: food and accomodation
Cons: nothing
leanrt a lot while working with colleague from all over the world. it was my first international exposure so enjoyed it very much.
Excellent company to work for
Office Clerk/ Office Manager (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABOctober 22, 2013
Great people and excellent job experience. I started at this company when i was very young and with little experience. Management was very helpful and understanding.
productive is good.
FLORIST (Former Employee), dubai uaeOctober 19, 2013
Pros: free foods
Cons: long hours
actualy the flower shop there is not own by fairmont hotel we rented only with my employer,,,fairmont is al lagend and famous hotel in the world mostly in middle east..
Exceptional work place environment with a family atmosphere culture
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, On.October 15, 2013
Pros: very wonderful people to collaborate with everyday.
Cons: challenging venture daily collaborating with operations side of accounting.
Maintain Customer relations - internally and externally.
Continually mentoring accounting co-workers with knowledge and direction while learning additional knowledge from managers within the accounting and finance department.
Very friendly and family oriented company.
Holiday parties, very life-experience help provided on a personal level, very open – more... door policies. – less
Good Team
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 1, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: worked almost every sat until 3am or later for brunch flip
The team while I was at the Hotel Mac was very good. I often got food on shift, and was treated with respect. Mostly set up, tear down and serving functions
Excellent place to work with unparalleled benefits
First Cook / CDP (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: meals, pension, benefits, fun work
By far the best place I have worked.

Great staff, management, benefits, and fun work that is constantly challenging and changing.
Fun workplace with lots of great people
Small Outlets Server (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2013
I was only hired part time at this hotel,which resulted in my time there being short because I needed more working hours for myself. When I was working I had a great soild team of people who made the time at work go by fast.
Excellent Management
Central Reservations Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 25, 2013
Pros: free food, great travel benefits, excellent medical benefits, good management
Cons: overnight shifts, unchallenging work
I loved working for Fairmont. I enjoyed my management, my office was clean and well stocked and the benefits were amazing. I was not feeling challenged in my position and would have preferred a position in the creative field.
nice place, good for growing your career
Assistant Chief Steward (Former Employee), Jasper, ABJuly 16, 2013
Pros: wild life, outdoors, multinational
Cons: closed living conditions, closed minded upper management, clicky manangment
great location for summer time students or those seeking to enhance there resume. fast advancement opportunities available
Beautiful, educational experience
Castle Pantry Attendant (Former Employee), Banff, ABApril 8, 2013
Pros: living accomadations
Cons: small town
The Fairmont Banff springs is a very culturally diverse and educational environment. There is plenty of room for growth and movement.
A place that you will never forget
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABMarch 22, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: winter
Teamwork is really necessary in all level of work condition.
Before and after you start your work you have to fill up the cart that you use.
Everyday opening and closing duties at the backspace
To greet the guest with smile and eye contact
Being approachable and being ready for the guest request

1 2 3 4 5

About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a Canadian-based operator of luxury hotels and resorts. Currently, Fairmont operates properties – Read more

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Photos