Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Relaxed atomphere with staff as long as you keep guests happy
Guest Activities - Seasonal (Former Employee), Southampton, BermudaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons: shift work hours end late and start early. leave 1am return 6am
Depends on the location you are working and the staff you have with you that day
Great company to work for
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches and free dry cleaning
Cons: too far and long days
I enjoyed my time at the Fairmont Royal York. It was very rewarding and I loved my job
Living life in a beautiful Rocky Mountain
Housekeeping Services agent / Houseperson (Current Employee), Lake Louise, ABJuly 25, 2014
My Typical day at work is regular routine of my job and follow the Hotel quality standards. I've learned a lot of things in the hotel like how we deal different kind of guests all over the world and we provide service guests expectation and a lot more. we also learned efficiently, reliable and punctual. and the common goal of my department and the company – more... brand Mission and Vision. the management itself trained us accordance with Hotel quality standards. and ability to build successful relationship with guest and vendors. my co-worker are very friendly, kind and helpful to each other to fulfill the guest satisfaction. they really friendly even outside worked. the most enjoyable part of this job is to exceed the expectation of the guests satisfaction. – less
best company ever
Power Engineer / Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 20, 2014
if you work here you know its awesome and will not leave. Good stuff awesome pay
top hat
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABJune 30, 2014
Pros: benefits and job appreciation
Cons: easy to lost in the shuffle
one of the finest companies I have worked for - especially at their level - fully recommend
Great Workplace with supportive managment
Fairmont Gold Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 27, 2014
This position was short but very rewarding. Lots was learned here in a very fast paced/challenging environment.
Very good compagny
Banquet Captain (Supervisor) (Current Employee), Macdonald, MBJune 22, 2014
Pros: benefit
Cons: long hour
Very good company to work for although they will take advantage of people on salary. There is a lot of turn over in management.
Room for advancement and great salary
Guest Relations Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 19, 2014
Friendly People and environment. Learned a lot in different cultures. Best Benefits. Enjoy working with Colleagues.
Fairmont Hotel and Resorts
CHEF DE PARTIE (Current Employee), Lake Louise, ABMay 24, 2014
Buzy with opportunity for travel
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee), Toronto, ontarioMarch 18, 2014
Buzy but rewarding workplace
Small intimate teams
opportunities for travel
can be long hours
Internal and external learning opportunities.
Manager, Corporate Communications (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: seriously discounted hotel rates.
Cons: job growth can often require relocation.
Strong corporate culture that encourages continuous learning and celebrating the small stuff!
With the great responsible of this position came great learning opportunities. Fast paced environment.
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABFebruary 12, 2014
• Maintained company policies and supervised 25 stewards and 16 servers in 4 kitchens/restaurants to ensure the highest level of customer service for celebrities and tourists. Also met with management on a weekly basis to present all successes and concerns.
• Assessed all events in great detail and complied with company procedures to make sure all clients – more... were served and highest level of standards was met at all times.
• Performed daily or nightly auditing and ensured all employees schedules and reports were complete and always to the management’s expectation as well as discussed employee concerns.
• Registered or cancelled client reservations and informed clients of all amenities and the many tourist attractions in the area. Also inspected every employees work to ensure accuracy to company standards and/or special needs as well as V.I.P. requests. – less
Productive and open communications environment
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free packing, free lunch, friendly environment
Cons: deal with user request immediately
Review tickets from daily requests.
Review and log backups from previous day.
Respond to change request
Support users
Exciting, faced paced environment. Reputable company that took care of their employees.
Fairmont's Presidents Club Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great health / dental benefits and rrsp contributions.
Cons: shift work, long hours
Working at the Fairmont Royal York taught me so much.
It heightened my time management skills, taught me the importance of staying organized, showed me that through empathy and communication almost every conflict can be resolved and the importance of taking ownership and pride in my work.
There was no "typical" day at the Royal York, because their was – more... no "typical" guest. I have learned to treat everyone as an individual and that if you can anticipate others needs before they even knew themselves, then they could feel valued and at home.
I think the people that I worked with, the team (or family), was what made the most challenging parts of my job enjoyable. If ever unsure, we were comfortable and confident to help each other.
The most challenging part at the Royal York was meeting everyone's needs quickly but still not rushing so you could maintain the warmth and sincerity in each interaction.
The best part of my job was putting a smile on someone's face by recognizing something special to them and being able to take that thing and turn it into a memory at the hotel that would forever stay with them. – less
Guest Service
Guest Service Agent & Front Door Attendant (Current Employee), Whistler, BCJanuary 4, 2014
Turning moments into memories, exemplifying the companies mission statement and core values. Being an ambassador of community and culture, working on an equal employment basis.
Producive, Fast Paced, Continously Learning
Royal Service Operator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2013
Pros: staff cafeteria
Cons: open 24 hours 7 days a week
A very busy and historic hotel that looks to turn moments into memories for all its guests.
Outstanding Experience
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Jasper, ABNovember 25, 2013
Working with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts was an exceptional experience of a lifetime. The Brand name says it all. Work culture and colleague appreciation based on performance cannot be neglected. While working in Housekeeping department, I focused to learn each and every minor detail which I could utilize as a learning experience so as to balance Front – more... Office with housekeeping department flawlessly.

After my graduation, now I feel fully prepared to start my career in Front Office with my skills and experience. – less
beautiful hotel at beautiful location
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABNovember 22, 2013
Pros: food and accomodation
Cons: nothing
leanrt a lot while working with colleague from all over the world. it was my first international exposure so enjoyed it very much.
Excellent company to work for
Office Clerk/ Office Manager (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABOctober 22, 2013
Great people and excellent job experience. I started at this company when i was very young and with little experience. Management was very helpful and understanding.
Exceptional work place environment with a family atmosphere culture
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, On.October 15, 2013
Pros: very wonderful people to collaborate with everyday.
Cons: challenging venture daily collaborating with operations side of accounting.
Maintain Customer relations - internally and externally.
Continually mentoring accounting co-workers with knowledge and direction while learning additional knowledge from managers within the accounting and finance department.
Very friendly and family oriented company.
Holiday parties, very life-experience help provided on a personal level, very open – more... door policies. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a Canadian-based operator of luxury hotels and resorts. Currently, Fairmont operates properties – Read more

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Photos