Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews in Canada

Best place I've ever worked
House Person (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, BCMarch 18, 2016
Such a great group of staff!! You work hard and feel accomplished by the end of the day. The company motivates you and encourages advancement from within. Manager are always available to talk if any issues come up and things are quickly resolved. I will stay working with this company as long as I can!
Pros
Staff meals, benefits, hourly wage, coworkers, beautiful location, hotel history
Cons
Expensive parkade parking
An excellent international Luxury Hotel Brand Focused on Personal Touches
CHEF DE PARTIE JUNE (Former Employee) –  Jasper AB , Southampton BermudaOctober 27, 2015
Fairmont provides all the tools one needs to drive their career forward. The support and training they provide colleagues gives them the ability to drive company goals.

Each day is a challenging balance of pressures and rewards. The culture of the company fosters a feeling of teamwork and family
Pros
Superior Benefits package
Cons
Remote Locations
Not as nice as it sounds
RMT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2016
Horrible management and unfair working conditions. Schedule changes without any notice and manager making staff cry.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Long hours without overtime
Great relationships Built
Colleague (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2016
The company provides the opportunity to make lots of great relationships and build skills that are very transferable.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Interesting
Hostess (Former Employee) –  La Malbaie, QCJanuary 29, 2016
I think it was just because of my experience with them. I did loved my co-workers. Management was great in some parts but they could be very harsh. I learned my strength and my weakness big time and my managers made sure I knew my weakness. The job can be very stressful and taxing. A typical day for me was I welcomed clients that would enter in the restaurant and seat them down at tables. I managed the tables and the coffee bar. In all think the reason why I kinda loved my experience were my friends that I made.
(I'm saying in my opinion based on my experience.)
Pros
Tips, beautiful view
Cons
management, sporadic hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Long hours, random schedule, low level management is generally unhelpful in larger issues, HR is excellent, sometimes no breaks
Amazing workplace, with very friendly colleagues
Junior Server (Former Employee) –  VancouverOctober 18, 2015
My time working as an employee of the Fairmont was unforgettable. My colleagues were amazing and genuine people, who were all supportive, and hard workers. I really appreciated the management here, as they all were genuine, easy to talk to, and never failed to be there when you needed something. One of my favourite parts of this job was the opportunity they provided all employees to make a guests stay. Wether that meant surprise them with a dessert, or candy, or just something to personalize and engage with them, and to make their stay that much better. I loved working here and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
lunches provided, support from colleagues
Cons
late hours
it's a good place to learn and advance in the hospitality industry
Head Storekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ABJanuary 18, 2016
I started out at the age of 18 as a dish washer and within 4 years have advanced to Head Storekeeper. I was given the experience to make executive decisions that was fully supported by upper management. Working their helped to refine important skills that will help me out in the future.
Pros
cheap rent pay deducted
Cons
did not make enough
Travel benefits are key
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, ABOctober 20, 2015
great people with lots of knowledge that are willing to teach you if your willing to learn. lots of room to move up. one person i worked with went from 1st cook to sous chef in 2 years.
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
long hours/weeks
Decent place to work
HOTEL OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ABOctober 17, 2015
Good company with nice perks. Beautiful location and good product. Opportunities for advancement & education. Some red tape and politics, as expected within a larger company.
energetic activities
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 9, 2016
when you enter at work site always wear a smile greet each and everyone have a group meetings talking about latest endorements and concernes apply the magic words of the day which is given by the manager and enjoy the work whole day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
A very good place to be employed
Stewards Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ABJanuary 25, 2016
I learned how to work in a fast pace environment where there is a lot going on. I learned leadership skills when working with a large group of people and taking charge.
Pros
I ate for free
Fun Family
Server (Current Employee) –  VancouverOctober 6, 2015
A fun and dynamic work place with an extremely supportive management team from department supervisors to hotel GM's. Good company structure, I learned impeccable customer service at this hotel. Allowed independence and growth for each colleague with trust and honesty throughout the work place environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from industry professionals in the Sales & Marketing department all the way from the baristas in the hotel's coffee shop.
HomeBased Agent
Reservations Sales Specialist - Home Based (Current Employee) –  moncton, nbMay 27, 2015
Fairmont hotels and resorts is a very well known company. My colleagues are great and extremely knowledgeable. Great benefits as well. However, I am looking for a career that makes life at home/family time more possible. There isn't much room for advancements (shift seniority, etc.) and working overnights shifts is getting to be harder and harder being a mother to a 4 year old.
Pros
No travelling required as I am home based.
Cons
No room for advancement and I am also on overnight's/rotating shifts.
A good place to work, considering the environment
Banquet Head Houseperson (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise, ABMarch 10, 2015
A beautiful hotel with some wonderful management in place. Difficulties include a highly transient work force, and some colleagues being there for the lifestyle and not the career. A great place to learn very quickly, wonderful benefits and wage. Definitely would recommend for anyone young or starting out in Hospitality. The lifestyle is very hard to sustain for a long period of time for most.
Pros
benefits, wage, geography, learning environment, constant opportunities
Cons
very choice lifestyle, very isolated, highly transient
it is very good place to work.
Guest Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 23, 2015
it is a big company that gives a lots of opportunities to grow and develop new skills.
the management is supportive and colleagues are very friendly and professional.
Pros
good wage
Cons
not any
All is very Well
Hotel Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  CanadaFebruary 1, 2016
Work is a very great for me, it is a very manageable and it's easily to deal with other worker. it's helps me to inhanced my skills and I'm enyoy it doing my task everyday although there are times I encountered hardest part but at the end of the day it's fine and go home with a smile in your face because I love to work.
Pros
food is free
Cons
no overtime
Good opportunity
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, ABApril 30, 2016
Good place to learn and grow. With shift work it is hard to find work life balance. Some great and some horrible leadership. A place to learn and move on. Winters are hard unless you ski.
Pros
low cost living provided
Cons
sometimes stuck with poor leadership
Fairmont Family
Maintenance Person Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise, ABMay 5, 2016
Within the hotel we are all family. We see each other every day and understand the importance of working together towards a common goal: to create the Fairmont experience for all of our guests.
Grand luxury hotel in the heart of the city
Full time Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Quite enjoyed my time with Fairmont. To learn more about the industry, and the Fairmont principles, I ran for, and was elected as, President of the Service Plus Recognition and Reward program. it allowed great access to many departments and their respective staff members. How each department, Front of House or Heart of House, embodied the mission statement: "Turning moments into memories for our guests", allowed me to bring even more presence to the concierge position.

The hotel is a piece of living history and there were those rare moments of calm when it was possible to look out into that grand lobby and marvel at her beauty. many a time I took it upon myself to offer tours for inquiring guests.
Pros
Free tickets to shows and events. Complimentary meals at restaurants.
Cons
Incredibly busy and noisy. Concierge desk is four-sided box in the middle of the lobby

4.3