Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional and self development work environment
Front Desk Clerk Concierge / Internship (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Free meal
This is a fast paced hotel, i have learned a lot during my 4 months of Internship work here. The Front desk and Housekeeping department are very professional, motivated and inspirational leaders. Co- workers – more... are also nice and fun to work with. They welcomed me warmly. The only downside of this job is whenever the subway is down along downtown core since The Fairmont Royal York is located in the heart of downtown Toronto, a lot of construction site are going on in this area. other than that working here is so much fun and inspiring! not to mention the free meal you get everyday for the employees :) It is my pleasure whenever i make guests satisfied. Having some experience at Royal York is definitely worth having :) – less
Great
Night Steward/ Room Attendant (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABJune 25, 2015
A great experience over all in the rockies, great management and a great atmosphere. Best place to gain experience and grow.
It was just an overall great experience.
Lead Hand (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABJune 16, 2015
Pros: A great place to live and work!
Cons: Some of the things we had to deal with.
The day would start with a meeting in the morning with the management, and then I would go to my shop and organise my staff. I worked with a lot of excellent people and forged friendships with them.
We all treated each other with respect and the other trades and our department were very cooperative with each other,
Best job ever
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBMay 31, 2015
Sort lundry wash dry and fold
Boss was the best ever
co workers where some of the best I have ever worked with
The best part of the job was my boss and staff
HomeBased Agent
Reservations Sales Specialist - Home Based (Current Employee), moncton, nbMay 27, 2015
Pros: No travelling required as I am home based.
Cons: No room for advancement and I am also on overnight's/rotating shifts.
Fairmont hotels and resorts is a very well known company. My colleagues are great and extremely knowledgeable. Great benefits as well. However, I am looking for a career that makes life at home/family time more possible. There isn't much room for advancements (shift seniority, etc.) and working overnights shifts is getting to be harder and harder being a mother to a 4 year old.
Good place to work for the long run
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 24, 2015
Pros: Good environment
Cons: have to pay for meals
Lot's to do. If you like cooking, and want a career this is probably the place to be.
Management is overall pretty good for the most part, the employees are very friendly and helpful.
Hardest part of the day is general prep work.
Fun and challenging
Front Desk,Senior Server,Banquet Server (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 6, 2015
Great place to work. Always a new challenge every day.
and fun work environment.With a great staff. The Staff is what kept me there for years!
Worked hard
Network analyst and office manger (Current Employee), whistler, bcApril 28, 2015
I started there fresh out of school rebiut the network and added the first commercial wifi attena in whistler was cool and received a lot of knowledge, but now Shaw owns it
A good place to work, considering the environment
Banquet Head Houseperson (Current Employee), Lake Louise, ABMarch 10, 2015
Pros: benefits, wage, geography, learning environment, constant opportunities
Cons: very choice lifestyle, very isolated, highly transient
A beautiful hotel with some wonderful management in place. Difficulties include a highly transient work force, and some colleagues being there for the lifestyle and not the career. A great place to learn very quickly, wonderful benefits and wage. Definitely would recommend for anyone young or starting out in Hospitality. The lifestyle is very hard to sustain for a long period of time for most.
Awesome Company
Kitchen Steward (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 4, 2015
Fairmont is a great company to work for. I have washed dishes for them in Ottawa and worked as a bellboy in Banff. Nothing bad to say.
Wonderful place to work
Acting Chief Steward (Former Employee), Jasper AlbertaFebruary 10, 2015
A great place to learn how to work in the food and beverage industry. Seasonal staff lots of turn around which gave me great experience in building a team from scratch once every six months.
cooking
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Fairmont Hot Springs, BCJanuary 8, 2015
lots of fun, great people. Its a lifestyle living in the mountains
Inclusive, Positive, Empowering
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee), Alberta, CanadaDecember 7, 2014
Fairmont has the best interests of their employees in mind. They find unique and meaningful ways of connecting with individuals, which models the exemplary way in which to treat guests
great place to work. learnt a lot.thanks
1st cook (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 30, 2014
great chefs,awesome experience, good place to work and the atmosphere is spectacular
Great Experience
Food and Beverage (Former Employee), Lake Louise, ABNovember 19, 2014
Working in a hotel was a wonderful experience. My career and personal development extended far beyond what I thought I was capable of. I am thankful for the amazing opportunities I was given while working with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts and I would happily work for the organization again any day!
Fun place to work and live
Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Fairmont Hot SpringsOctober 28, 2014
Learnt a lot during my time at resort. Had a good time good people to work with.
Great team to work with.
second cook at the Fairmont Banff springs hotel (Current Employee), Banff, ABOctober 6, 2014
Pros: get time off when wanted, also comes with great health benitits
Cons: don't get sundays off.
start at 5:30am -2pm are the consitannt hours.
have learned big production, to work more efficiently
and clean. learn how to teach and show others new things. to be more creative.
co-workers are great to work with and that is a key component.
hardest part of the job, is to do the same things every day, I need a little variation per day.
most enjoyable is to make the guests truly happy.
was not a nice environment to work at
Registered Massage therapist (Former Employee), Jasper, ABSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: room and board
Cons: mismanaged
hate my worse experience as a massage therapist and i would never accept a job at the fairmont again
Good and Bad
Fairmont President's Club Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Great training and staff

Management, especially upper levels, is very welcoming. The company was fine, but there is much work to be done on both the property and employee discipline. Managers and Directors are very hesitatant to take a shot across the bow as they pine for promotions, and that falls on the colleagues sometime.
I wanna join this group as worker in this job
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Current Employee), CalgarySeptember 13, 2014
Pros: later
Cons: 9:00 to 10pm
Well organized and it takes full concentration being a hotel attendant