Fairleigh Dickinson University

Fairleigh Dickinson University Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice work environment.
Student Services (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 22, 2013
I learnt more about customer services. Managing time and schedules.
Learned leadership.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 6, 2012
Assisted with all orientation events;
Helped direct new students and their guests around the campus; Assisted in preparing campus for orientation days;
Explained academic and social opportunities as well as available services for new students.
Learning
Student Worker (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJSeptember 10, 2014
Good understanding of basic administrative duties such as handling phone calls and organizing files, conducted data entry tasks and documented reports. Managed reception and front desk duties when required, created and updated records. Copied, filed, sorted and compiled information details of students, Maintained work area clean and organized. Checked – more... and verified work and maintained confidentiality and accuracy; Thorough understanding of performing research activities using a wide array of resources.
Exceptional comprehension of data entry procedures and protocols.
Profound understanding of creating forms, answering emails and distributing mail. – less
Leadership Coach
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJJune 4, 2014
Pros: people make this community
Cons: commute north
I lead by example, encouraging my colleagues and constituents to explore each challenge as a valuable opportunity for growth.

My capacity for spatial interpretation allows me a unique perspective on how and why things happen, and the ability to predict outcomes based upon mitigated resource allocation.

Serving each community as though it is the most – more... important is one of my passions when building partnerships across many disciplines.

Let us build a collaborative future together with ideas and a focused vision. – less
Great Benefits as well as job security, working with students and watching them succeed is rewarding.
Freshman Seminar Instructor (Current Employee), Madison, NJJune 4, 2014
Pros: free event's and activities, gym access, friday's off in summer
Cons: compensation, too much changing of management, top heavy
Each day is different, you never know what will come up. I learned to juggle a lot of things at one time without going completely insane. I also learned that common sense is not always applied as one would think. Management and Co-workers are the same everywhere, annoying at times. The hardest part of the job is telling people no, listening to their – more... sad stories and having them cry in my office. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching students grow and succeed. Receiving thank you notes, letters and cards of appreciation. – less
Productive environment
Desk Assistant (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJMay 8, 2014
Great environment, with enjoyable coworkers. My day consisted of answering high volume of telephone calls, filing paperwork, greeting guests, answering related questions, and other secretarial duties.
Overworked Underpaid Antiquated systems
Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJApril 28, 2014
Pros: fridays of in the summer.
Cons: everything else.
Working in the FDU Financial Aid Dept was the worst Job i have ever had. The management was a joke, the processes were terribly conducted bc of a terrible software system, the stress was insane and the pay barely keeps you out of the national poverty index.
Undergraduate Admission Clerk (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch once a month, snow days off and fridays off during summertime
Cons: salary
A typical day at FDU is processing undergraduate applications for admission into Datatel Recruiter System and Datatel Colleague; responsible for gathering prospect students academic documents to scan and create a virtual file for Admission Counselor to review; retrieve daily tuition deposits report from Official Payments; answer inquiries related to – more... prospective student’s admission process via phone and email.
I have the best people working with me. We are like a big family and all are welcome to join.
The hardest part of the job is during crunch time with lots of overtime during the end of the year holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the application process easy for students and parents. – less
If you plan to have a life, don't work in the Finance Department.
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJApril 6, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: too many hours
Management requires employees to work ridiculous hours and grudgingly allows workers to take vacation days they are entitled to. This was by far the most difficult part of the job. There was no Job/Life balance.

Most enjoyable part of the job were coworkers.
Satisfaction by helping other student and learning new things
Note Taker (Current Employee), Madison, NJMarch 14, 2014
Pros: to gain knowledge of other fields
Cons: not continuous
- In this job one has to attend the lectures that are required and during that lecture one has to take down the important notes which helps the student that are not able to take notes.
- During this job I have learned the communication, management, and improved my efficiency.
- I have to work alone in this job.
- The hardest part of the job, Initially, – more... to grasp all the words that professor explains. But, gradually I managed it and now it is easy.
- Enjoyable part of this job is the internal satisfaction. The joy of helping. – less
The best work experience one could have
Administrative/ Program Assistant (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJJanuary 9, 2014
The best employer offering excellent benefits/compensation package. Company cares for employees and the majority are there long term. Advancement opportunities abound.

I regret having to leave this employer many years ago when I moved out of town and became a full time homemaker/ stay-at-home mom,and have nothing but fond memories. If I move back to – more... Northern New Jersey in the future, I will try to reestablish employment at FDU. – less
One of the most rewarding life experiences.
Mentor, Leadership Development Program (Former Employee), Madison, NJJanuary 4, 2014
Excellent professors, high quality collegial relationships with fellow students.
Family and community oriented company
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJJuly 29, 2013
Pros: interaction with students and community feel of the company
Cons: long work hours
Typical day at work would be reconciling bank, and balance sheet accounts. Setting up tuition billing program with the IT department. Also, assisting co-workers and other offices with questions regarding finance issues.
Amazing place to work at
Associate/ Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJJune 24, 2013
I love Urban Outfitters you are just encouraged to be yourself!
Productive and fun place to work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJMay 30, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: no stipend, only 6 credits waived instead of 9 credits in form of compensation
Learned to get out of the comfort zone and challenge myself to work on new things in less amount of time.
Relaxed, productive, and work oriented office.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, NJApril 24, 2013
Pros: great way to earn your masters.
Cons: does not always use the most efficient processes.
Depending on the position for the Graduate Assistantship a student worker dealt with research projects, professor's assignments, student advising, and administrative work. Working in the Business department I worked with department chairs, secretaries, and other graduate assistants to complete research projects and professor's assignments. This is an – more... environment that challenges your intellect, your technological skills, and your ability to work as a team. – less
University with professional work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJJanuary 8, 2013
Great place to work.
Management is great and so are the co-workers.
Some chance of advancement
Working with the co-workers, manager, and students was the best part of the position.
Ensuring the saftey of Staff, Faculty, Students and Visitors
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: great people to work with, overtime available, work with the local police departments
Cons: we do not have the authority to enforce the law which could help protect people on the campus.
Being a Public Safety Officer at Fairleigh Dickinson University is a great place to work. Officers are responsible for the safety of everyone on campus at all times. While working on the campus, officers learn how to communicate with people on a professional level and assist people when they are in need. Working with local Police Departments has been – more... a great experience and helps the officers get ready for the next step in law enforcement. The job as a public safety officer is a great stepping stone for those interested in pursuing a job in the field of criminal justice. – less
Opportunities are nonexistent
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJDecember 29, 2012
Institution caters to quantity over quality. Focuses on appeasing those who deliver many years of less than satisfactory service to its students. Those who bring innovative change are not accepted and eventually dismissed.
Good Place to Work
Summer Orientation Leader, Tutor, Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJNovember 15, 2012
Pros: everything
Fun job to have, very rewarding and you make great friends. There are great hours and management is very easy to talk to. They communication is great and they are very understanding.

Fairleigh Dickinson University Photos