Facebook

Facebook Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A very loyal and hard-working employee who is reliable.
Freelance Artist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 13, 2015
Pros: Rendering illustrions, My boss treats us for lunch by bring in lunches and/or ordering lunches, bonuses
Cons: No health insurance for me, low pay, need a better career challenge
* A typical day at work is when I am working on an assignment that
my boss either leaves for me or explains for me to do the day
before, running errands for the office such as: bank and mail runs,
not to forget, I do answer phones and take messages.
* Occasionally, I assist the office manager with office duties by
filling records, check stubs, and straightening out the house files.
* Producing new PDF files, scanning in new drawings for files, and
sending out attached e-mails.
* Sometimes, my boss would have me to type up a proposal letter or
other letters when the office manager is very busy with other
responsibilities.
* Occasionally, we would do inner-office cleaning

Management: The home construction company where I am an
employee is being run by two men - Owner/principal
and co-owner. I usually report to the principal/owner.
The principal' daughter is the office manager.

My Co-Workers: Office Manager, and two contractors. There used
used to be more people in the office until August
2008 when there was a massive lay-off (myself,
included), I was rehired in November 2011.

* There are so many things that I have learned on the job: Such as
improving my office etiquette, learning more and new skills/steps – more... on the Auto-CAD system, converting files, and working on contract
plans.
_________________________________________________________

* The hardest part of the job is knowing how and when to stay calm
or when to speak up whenever I am under pressure - especially
when my boss goes into one of his ballistic moments. It is a real
blessing that I am still working there when I have been on the brink
of being let go...
_________________________________________________________

There are actually two most enjoyable parts of the job are when my boss will have me to start on a new project and also doing a coloring rendering of an elevation for clients who are having their houses being built by our company. – less
Day at the job
Full-Time AmeriCorps Public Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Pawhuska, OKMay 12, 2015
Pros: Learning experience, Outdoors, Great computer programs
Cons: lazy employers
When i worked for AmeriCorps i had my own little space where i worked mostly alone doing all of the computer work.
At 12 i would take an hour lunch and than after lunch i would go to the Boys and Girls club helping with games and activities for the children.
fun place to work and motivated like-minded individuals
News Feed Quality Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free alcohol, free everything
Cons: work/life balance is hard
Working at Facebook was a great opportunity. There are many perks such as free just about anything however, along with everything being accessible it is frowned upon to leave if you have not worked a 10-hour day.
Great culture and salary, but not very well organized.
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee), Chico, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: good pay, nice equipment, great culture.
Cons: lack of management protocols; deploying technology out before it had been thoroughly tested.
A typical day at work consisted of arriving at work, following up on tasks (solving problems and documenting them) and receiving new tasks, to be prioritized and executed.

Learned how to use ticketing systems, basic Active Directory management, Citrix, how to troubleshoot the Mac, and how large companies transitioning from start-ups struggle to grow.

Management per se was virtually non existent. Facebook runs itself in a rather decentralized way, which is difficult to adjust to if one is used to a chain of command.

Co-workers were kind and charismatic; Facebook does an excellent job of recruiting quality people. Everyone was very relaxed and easy to work with, while at the same time productive.

Hardest part of the job was meeting the demands of the users, balanced against the need of leadership to get projects done. I never felt I had the time I needed to complete projects.

The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the users and helping them resolve problems; in some cases providing them with instruction as to how to solve issues going forward.
Each day is a fun day
ANALYST (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free food and games at work
Cons: no cons
Each day at work is awesome. I enjoy every moment at work. It is a great to work in. The management, the colleagues, the work culture, everything is just awesome.
Eh
Pro Unlimited Contractor (Current Employee), Austin TXFebruary 25, 2015
I love the company and the coworkers.. but there is not place to advance within the company, and all you do is press enter all day..
Best place to work hands down
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Great & welcoming environment; feels like a second home. Working here makes you proud to be apart of the Facebook family.
Cool Place and fun environment at Facebook
Mobile QA (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: cool environment, free food, micro kitchen, everyone is treated equally
With every 2 week release cycle the environment was still fun place to work at. I learned several skills like time management. How there is not differentiation between higher authorities and the engineers. Contractors are treated equally and with respect. I learned to meet deadlines with less stress and efficiently. Learned to distribute work with piers and take up additional work from piers if needed. Multi-tasking several projects efficiently. Knowledge transfer to the piers and grabbing good additional skills from leads and piers. So much of diversity and yet no differentiation. Challenging part is to keep up to the fast pace. Even a week of vacation will have lots to catch up. The most exciting part of the job was to go to work everyday.
A company culture is not focused on aspects of physical security.
Director, Global Physical Security & E P (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAJanuary 20, 2015
While we were able to accomplish a great deal the company culture is not focused on the physical security aspects and goals of the company.

Still very much a start-up environment the focus is not asset protection but rather developing new products and rolling them out.
Good Company
Advertising Account Manager (Former Employee), Austin TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: enjoyed the people, free food and flexibility.
Cons: nothing was ever consistent, so it made it hard to provide good support and be a consultant.
Enjoyed the people, free food and flexibility. The job was just not the right fit and was not what I expected.

Hardest part was that nothing was ever consistent, so it made it hard to provide good support.
Busy, Work-driven Life with sometimes chaotic results
Ads Review Contractor (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free food, flexible schedule
Cons: demanding responsibilities, unclear structure
There are a lot of great things about being at Facebook. The work is rewarding, they give you lots of responsibility if you're driven, and you get to see your work change the platform.

It's not for the faint of heart. You will work long hours and intensely.
BUSY AND ENTERTAING
Customer Service (Former Employee), DUBLINJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good discounts and comission
Cons: working on the weekends
ASSISTANT MANAGER IN A SPORT COMPANY. DEALING WITH CUSTOMERS, WORKING IN THE SALES DEPARTMENT, CONTROL OF STOCK, DELIVERY AND PACKAGING. DOING SPORTS EQUIPMENT FOR TEAMS, COLLEGES.
Open campus oriented feel, where food and hard work collide
HR Coordinator/Recruiter (Contract) Hines (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Typical day: coordinating and conducting phone screens, in person interviews with candidates all over the world. Working with Facebook management, to review candidates profile, and facilitate hiring decisions.

Learned: Learned so much about roles I never had exposure to

Management: hectic

Co-Workers: hard working and pleasant

Hardest part of Job: denying candidates employment

Most Enjoyable: team members, management, and getting people jobs!
Interesting work, but stressful work-life balance
Product Management (Current Employee), Menlo Park, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: free food, gyms
Cons: stressful and long work hours
The work is interesting, the pay is decent, but the hours could be very long depending on the group
A Dream Job
Hyderabad as Analyst (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches, cab facility & beautiful working environment
Cons: politics
> Generating reports for the advertisers which includes Excel and presentation work.

> Data Basic Analysis is what is learned from this job and how the Digital Marketing works.

> Culture being American, you have your own space and freedom which enables you to explore new things.

> There are high & low volumes season, during high volumes you have to put in extra hours without compromising on Quality.

> As mentioned earlier, the most enjoyable part of the organization is that it is a 5 day week, excellent infrastructure, pick up and drop at any point of the day/Night.
Nice work environment with high turn over
Network Engineer, (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: working environment
Cons: management losing sight of daily work.
Flat organization fast paced and relies on proactive employees. Management seems to favor cheaper contractor and focus on statistics and not essential daily work.
Fun to work place
Owner of Production (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 7, 2014
amazing place. there wasnt a day when we didnt enjoy plus worked.
our entire crew was funny and dedicated. punctuality and hardwork was the key for our successful and good quality life.
An interesting place to work
Onboarding Coordinator/HR Rep (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches, enthusiasm, cooperation.
Cons: rush deadlines were quite common.
Facebook was a very interesting place to work. The culture of communication and cooperation was like nothing I'd ever seen before. The level of enthusiasm among coworkers and bosses was infectious.
Exciting job
Assistant Director (Former Employee), MarylandSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of having a plan for he 100 plus kids. i learned proper planning can take you a long way. My co workers were all energetic and positive. the hardest part of this job was cleaning up after lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the children grow up and they remember their experience at summer camp.
Very fun place to work but also professional in every sense.
User Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Menlo Park, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: free meals 3 times a day
Cons: under a contract so a lot of perks were limited. no vacation days, no healthcare, no use of the gym or company wide events.
I am under a contract of one year but in that time, a typical day at work involved 3 square meals for free, activities after work and a very relaxed feel of the company as a whole.

1 2 3

About Facebook

Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends, business contacts and others who work, study and live around them.