Facebook

Facebook Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun place to work. Office gives free food all 3 meals.
Ads Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 18, 2015
- I review profiles of business running advertisements on Facebook to determine if they commit fraud or they are a victim.
-I have learned how to sharpen my analytical skills to determine the possibility of fraud.
-I have also learned the logistics of how fraud and user confidentiality are a high priority.
-I learned the world of advertising on social media is very helpful and can benefit the user and consumer as well.
-Management here at Facebook is great. There are no complaints. Everyone is nice and helpful including my team.
-The hardest part of my job is going home. I like to be at work especially doing something that I enjoy.
-The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to learn about the new products and services Facebook is coming to offer.
Great place if you have right manager
Data Science (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAAugust 15, 2015
1) Great place to learn
2) Great benefits
3) Immature managers
4) Technology skills needed for any job
5) Career advancement a challenge
Great amenities and work experiences
Pro Unlimited Contractor (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Cons: Management organization
The office culture is fun and enjoyable while allowing for an engaging work experience and are apart of a dedicated team.
Social environment
Ad specialist / Advertising Account Manager (Former Employee), BarcelonaJuly 13, 2015
Of course I learned everything you need to know about advertising on Facebook. I had to deal with 30+ account portfolio in a vast moving environment. I advised customers with their campaigns by optimizing and measuring their performance.

Inside the office it is the same as on the platform, very social! I had great team leads and helpful co-workers and once in a while we go to eat or have a drink woth the whole department.

The hardest part of the job was that you need to generate sales for the customer in every kind of industry. Mostly it is easy, because advertising on Facebook really works, but there are some difficult industries you have to deal with as well.
Communication Engineer with RF experiences
Principal Specialist in RF broadcasting (Current Employee), Miami FLJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Free launchers
Cons: Bad salary
I've experiences in RF Broadcasting stations TV and FM, I can adapt a worker team easily, learning faster and I've organizational skills
Awesome place to work
Product Security Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Menlo ParkJuly 6, 2015
Facebook is an awesome place to work but very easy to burn out. Lots of smart people and interesting technologies to work on. Awesome perks as well.
Great place to work with great culture and even better people
Community Operations Contractor (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 23, 2015
Loved coming to work everyday. The additional benefits such as catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner was fantastic. Plenty of places to get away and clear your head.
Great Place to Gain Experience
Client Partner - Ad Creative Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2015
Pros: Learning about all kinds of busineses
Cons: Npot enough hours in the day to help everyone
Great place to work,but a high turnover. The days are busy from the time you walk in the door until the time you leave, Clients are very demanding. The management team could be a bit more knowledgeable and up train the staff on products and processes instead of leaving it to each individual to take an effort to seek out the information. People should be trained equally to give the best possible customer experience. The best part of the day is when the customers are appreciative of the time you have spent with them and they have gained more knowledge to be successful.
Everything you would expect
Community Operations Contractor (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: food forever
Facebook is a great place to work, although most people aren't aware that many positions are filled by contractors and not full-time employees. The good: endless food/snacks/drinks, casual and open office, ping-pong, young and tech-savvy environment. The not-so-good: benefits + compensation for contractors are much lower than full-time.
Day at the job
Full-Time AmeriCorps Public Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Pawhuska, OKMay 12, 2015
Pros: Learning experience, Outdoors, Great computer programs
Cons: lazy employers
When i worked for AmeriCorps i had my own little space where i worked mostly alone doing all of the computer work.
At 12 i would take an hour lunch and than after lunch i would go to the Boys and Girls club helping with games and activities for the children.
fun place to work and motivated like-minded individuals
News Feed Quality Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free alcohol, free everything
Cons: work/life balance is hard
Working at Facebook was a great opportunity. There are many perks such as free just about anything however, along with everything being accessible it is frowned upon to leave if you have not worked a 10-hour day.
Great culture and salary, but not very well organized.
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee), Chico, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: good pay, nice equipment, great culture.
Cons: lack of management protocols; deploying technology out before it had been thoroughly tested.
A typical day at work consisted of arriving at work, following up on tasks (solving problems and documenting them) and receiving new tasks, to be prioritized and executed.

Learned how to use ticketing systems, basic Active Directory management, Citrix, how to troubleshoot the Mac, and how large companies transitioning from start-ups struggle to grow.

Management per se was virtually non existent. Facebook runs itself in a rather decentralized way, which is difficult to adjust to if one is used to a chain of command.

Co-workers were kind and charismatic; Facebook does an excellent job of recruiting quality people. Everyone was very relaxed and easy to work with, while at the same time productive.

Hardest part of the job was meeting the demands of the users, balanced against the need of leadership to get projects done. I never felt I had the time I needed to complete projects.

The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the users and helping them resolve problems; in some cases providing them with instruction as to how to solve issues going forward.
Each day is a fun day
ANALYST (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free food and games at work
Cons: no cons
Each day at work is awesome. I enjoy every moment at work. It is a great to work in. The management, the colleagues, the work culture, everything is just awesome.
Eh
Pro Unlimited Contractor (Current Employee), Austin TXFebruary 25, 2015
I love the company and the coworkers.. but there is not place to advance within the company, and all you do is press enter all day..
Best place to work hands down
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Great & welcoming environment; feels like a second home. Working here makes you proud to be apart of the Facebook family.
Cool Place and fun environment at Facebook
Mobile QA (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: cool environment, free food, micro kitchen, everyone is treated equally
With every 2 week release cycle the environment was still fun place to work at. I learned several skills like time management. How there is not differentiation between higher authorities and the engineers. Contractors are treated equally and with respect. I learned to meet deadlines with less stress and efficiently. Learned to distribute work with piers and take up additional work from piers if needed. Multi-tasking several projects efficiently. Knowledge transfer to the piers and grabbing good additional skills from leads and piers. So much of diversity and yet no differentiation. Challenging part is to keep up to the fast pace. Even a week of vacation will have lots to catch up. The most exciting part of the job was to go to work everyday.
A company culture is not focused on aspects of physical security.
Director, Global Physical Security & E P (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAJanuary 20, 2015
While we were able to accomplish a great deal the company culture is not focused on the physical security aspects and goals of the company.

Still very much a start-up environment the focus is not asset protection but rather developing new products and rolling them out.
Good Company
Advertising Account Manager (Former Employee), Austin TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: enjoyed the people, free food and flexibility.
Cons: nothing was ever consistent, so it made it hard to provide good support and be a consultant.
Enjoyed the people, free food and flexibility. The job was just not the right fit and was not what I expected.

Hardest part was that nothing was ever consistent, so it made it hard to provide good support.
Busy, Work-driven Life with sometimes chaotic results
Ads Review Contractor (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free food, flexible schedule
Cons: demanding responsibilities, unclear structure
There are a lot of great things about being at Facebook. The work is rewarding, they give you lots of responsibility if you're driven, and you get to see your work change the platform.

It's not for the faint of heart. You will work long hours and intensely.
BUSY AND ENTERTAING
Customer Service (Former Employee), DUBLINJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good discounts and comission
Cons: working on the weekends
ASSISTANT MANAGER IN A SPORT COMPANY. DEALING WITH CUSTOMERS, WORKING IN THE SALES DEPARTMENT, CONTROL OF STOCK, DELIVERY AND PACKAGING. DOING SPORTS EQUIPMENT FOR TEAMS, COLLEGES.