RETAIL FLOOR MANAGER POSITION
A Division of FABRICANA IMPORTS LTD
Interior Delights is looking for a dynamic, ambitious Sales/Retail Professional to join our team! This position is ideally suited for individuals who wish to expand their career and excel in the field of Sales and Retail Management. This is an opportunity for the candidate to further his/her career in the exciting world of interior decorating, soft and hard window fashions and custom upholstery. For the right candidate, this is a unique career opportunity that fulfills the love for interior decorating and being rewarded for it!
Interior Delights specializes in custom soft and hard window coverings as well as catering to the home sewers with the largest selection of in stock home décor fabrics in Western Canada. We take pride in what we do and hence we are looking for a floor manager who shares our mission. The candidate must have a good working knowledge of window fashion and a clear understanding of the window covering industry. He/she is a problem solving, free thinking person that understands the company’s objectives and is able to adapt those objectives to changing situations and must be able to work independently.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Window Covering Industry
- Minimum 3 years retail management experience
- Ability to multi task, focus on important assignments, prioritize urgent issues and balance the need of team members and corporate requirements is a must for this position
- Possess a strong desire to meet corporate sales goals, explore ways to enhance and improve the “status quo” of the department
- Strong interpersonal skills, outstanding leadership and managerial skills with a solid command of the English language
- Flexible with work tasks and work schedule, able to work independently, ability to lead a team, willingness to learn new ideas, be a team player, have a positive attitude and is a hands-on person
Reporting to the Owner and the General Sales Manager
- Manage and supervise a small team of sales members in a retail environment
- Take charge and perform day-to-day operation of a retail department
- Work with head office to set monthly goals, implement company procedures, develop incentive/motivational events for team members, attend workshops and seminars relating to the window covering field
- Motivate and unify team members to work toward corporate goals
- Understand and learn each team member’s strengths and weaknesses, work with each member so that their egos, personality and different levels of experience do not inhibit the accomplishment of company objectives, guide and develop each member to their full ability
- Develop a detailed working knowledge and be efficient in all aspects in the field of hard and soft window coverings.
- Acquire a full and complete knowledge in the operating procedures of a sewing workroom and installation of window coverings
- Honed in on the skills and develop the abilities to evaluate unique situations to recommend alternative solution(s) in order to complete work orders or tasks when the original suggestion is not available
- Understand the “fashion” side of window coverings – color trends, styles, color coordination, different fabric/textile and application of usage of different materials
- Maintain and upkeep store displays, signage, product displays and product rotation on the retail floor so to maximize sales and customer interest
- Sharpen problem solving skills to deal with unexpected problems that may flare up at anytime
- Develop a full and complete knowledge of inventory on hand, keep on top of incoming new arrivals, application of each product line, expert knowledge in calculation of materials require for different window covering configuration and different shape of windows
- Strengthen interpersonal skills in conflict resolution with customers, workroom staff, vendors, installers or team members
Salary and Benefit
- Starting base salary plus monthly, bi-monthly and yearend bonuses
- Health, Dental and Insurance benefit (50/50 sharing with company)
- Regular work week – 40 hours – schedule varies.
If you are dynamic, enthusiastic and a leader with strong communication skills, then apply today with your resume.
Thank you for your interest in Fabricana & Interior Delights.
We review all resumes but will only contact candidates who will be moving forward in the interview process.