FAB BABY GEAR is a leading baby store with three locations in Ottawa andToronto. We are seeking a Bookkeeper/Junior Comptroller to perform
accounting functions including payroll, accounts payable, and also perform Office Manager tasks at our Ottawa flagship location at 1244 Wellingtonst. W .
Reporting to the President and a senior contract comptroller, the
Bookkeeper is accountable for ensuring and maintaining the accounting
functions are accurate and timely with individual tasks including everyday
accounting activities as well as to provide office support in all areas of
our group of companies.
- Perform bookkeeping duties, including data entries, accounts payables,
payroll, source deduction, HST/WSIB compliances using QuickBooks.
- Verify end-of-day of all locations and on-line stores and handle bank
- Work with buyer(s) on budgeting, purchase order management and cash flow management.
- Deal with vendors to resolve discrepancies and ensure accuracy.
- Provide administrative support to upper management, including other
locations, along with other staff in the office.
- Providing timely financial reports of all legal entities to management
on a monthly basis
- Manage filing system(s)
- Tax preparation and filings (corporate, payroll, etc)
- Bank reconciliations
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as required.
- Opening incoming mail and ensure the office area is organized and
- Post secondary degree and working towards a CGA or other professional designations
- Minimum two (2) year experience in an office setting with accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks
- Must be able to bring books to a trial balance
- Motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Professionalism and team spirit
- Experience in a retail setting a definite asset
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and high volume
- Self directed; requires little to no supervision
This is a Full Time position. We provide a pleasant working environment,
competitive wage package, great opportunities to learn and grow in a
dynamic and fast-growing company.