Software Development Team Lead/ Manager
Permanent position, West Island
Very hands-on, code reviewing, development standards and documentation role + supervision of a
Ideal position for a Team Lead in SD looking to move into a Management role
Our client is the world leader in the design and delivery of automated proofreading solutions. They are at the forefront of technological advances and our goal is to create and market the best products and services for their clients. Their company's culture is truly dynamic fostering personal growth and intellectual stimulation. Presently, they are recruiting for a Software Development Manager to join their team.
The Software Development Manager is responsible for managing the software development team and ensuring consistency within the software development process and practices. He works closely with the Director of Technology to execute defined software strategy. He is responsible for proposing development standards, coding standards, tools and platforms to be utilized during the development process. He is responsible for adhering to ISO standards by following the software development lifecycle methodology. He is responsible for selection, training and management of the software development team. He will also assist in software development.
- Manage software development team.
- Design, develop and maintain software.
- Update Software Wiki with the status / progress for each project.
- Keep management informed regarding technical issues and resolution strategies.
- Develop processes including coding standards, technical documentation standards and configuration management.
- Design, develop and maintain the life cycle documentation for software.
- Perform code reviews as required.
- Post secondary education in Computer Science.
- 5-7 years experience as a senior developer/team leader.
- 5-7 years of experience with software architecture and engineering.
- Extensive experience with developing and delivering enterprise software.
- Development experience with C++, Visual Basic, SQL and other programming languages as required.
- Knowledge of WXWidgets is an asset.
- Experience with cross platform development SDK’s and tools.
- Experience in all phases of the development life cycle: analysis, development, testing, implementation and support.
- To be able to work independently without lacking motivation and self-orientation.
- To be self-disciplined and reliable with action items and deadlines.
- To possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- To possess strong problem solving skills.
- To be able to handle multiple tasks and demands.
- To be able to execute tasks quickly and accurately.