Intermediate Human Resources Generalist with Recruitment Experience
Permanent position, International engineering firm
Our client is a well-established engineering firm with 900 employees across Canada and international offices. They are presently looking for an Intermediate HR Generalist with recruiting experience to joins their HR department.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing a full range of Human Resources services within a dynamic environment. The successful candidate will have an expertise and familiarity with human resource practices, current legislative environments specifically in the areas of recruitment, employee benefits, job evaluation, salary administration, payroll, management bonus schemes and employee / labour relations.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Make decisions and recommendations within authorized limits prescribed by manager and/or policy.
- Independently plan, analyze and draw own interpretations and conclusions relating to assignments.
- Use independent judgment in the selection, organization and adoption of work methods.
- Manages the corporate recruiting function. Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Co-ordinate and support internal and external recruitment activities.
- Solicits assistance from outside agencies to aid in temporary staffing requirements; reviews and approves contracts related to such placements
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality;
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others
- Must be willing to/able to travel as required.
The successful candidate must be able to work as part of a team, and have the ability to develop effective relationships in helping to support line management and supervisors, employees and colleagues in regards to recruitment, termination and promotion processes, salary administration, job evaluation, labour standards, documentation etc.
Candidate needs to be perfectly bilingual, with a College / University degree and with a minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in recruiting and generalist Human Resources responsibilities
Qualifications / Competencies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written (in English and French)
- Proven ability to interact with customers and deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated individual with a strong sense of initiative
Decision Making Autonomy:
- Exercises initiative and independent judgment in adapting and applying procedures to address day-to-day activities.
- Recommendations are reviewed for soundness of judgment and taken into consideration for major decisions.
- Consults with supervisor when making decisions regarding complex or unusual circumstances.