QC INSPECTOR - Kearl - ALB0012I
Fly in Fly out (Calgary-Edmonton) – 10 days on / 10 days off
FT Services is building a skilled and dedicated team to deliver best-in-class maintenance, turnaround and sustaining project services to Canada’s top oil and gas companies.
We provide our valued employees with a safe and progressive environment – encouraging an entrepreneurial approach to business and the opportunity to succeed. At FT Services we are succeeding together.
Reporting to the Lead QC Inspector your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing specifications and drawings for the project to gain a full understanding of all quality requirements.
- Create Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) for all work orders, and ensuring approved ITP-s are followed and signed off progressively during project execution.
- Maintaining up to date project QC documentation, including hardcopy and electronic database applications
- Carrying out quality control surveillance of subcontractors as directed.
- Reviewing Shop and subcontractor quality control documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Providing technical support to field personnel.
- Providing assistance to site superintendents and project managers in the application of quality program and client specification requirements.
- Ensuring the FT Services QC program and project specific requirements are communicated to Foremen and Welders and executed at Shop and Field sites.
- Ensuring Shop and Field material receiving / control is maintained throughout the project in accordance with QC Manual and Client project specifications.
- Examining HD mining equipment, mechanical equipment, civil and structural components for compliance with drawings, project specifications and Standards.
- Verifying and maintaining records of welders / welder ID numbers allocated / welder qualifications and a log of all welding carried out during the project.
- Ensuring Code and Client fabrication, PWHT and NDE requirements are implemented and completed at Shop and Field sites.
- Identifying QC issues in regards to potential conflicts in standards, processes, and systems and obtaining appropriate clarifications.
- Providing periodic project quality reports as required.
- Liaising with jurisdictional authorities, third party inspectors, and outside agencies/organizations as required during execution of projects, prepare and finalize provincial quality forms and obtaining Client/AI signoff(s).
- Ensuring turnover packages are fully complete in terms of content and signoffs.
- To help develop, implement and maintain a project quality control system including design and development of Mechanical & Welding related specifications and practices.
- Maintain and verify that all Quality Control Records required by Quality department, meet the requirements of FT Services policies / procedures and project specifications.
- Report all unsatisfactory workmanship.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product. Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformance relating to the product, process and quality system. Issue, process and follow-up actions of all non-conformance reports complying with FT Services non-conformance procedure.
- Recommend improvements to the Quality Management System and implement these improvements in conjunction with the Quality Control Coordinator / Quality Control Manager.
- Liaise with Sub-contractors to ensure products and services comply with all standards, specifications and requirements.
- Assist with quality system audits or compliance audits as required. Support implementation of corrective action required from such audit findings
- Attend meetings as required.
- Liaising with jurisdictional authorities, third party inspectors, and outside agencies/organizations as required during execution of projects.
- Support to development of project specific documents.
- Foster and promote an attitude toward continuous improvement, provide input and support as requested to continual improvement initiatives / activities.
- Comply with FT Services Risk Management, Quality Assurance and Health, Safety and Environment management systems, including statutory obligations.
- Identify, initiate, recommend and assist in the issue resolution process.
- Verify and confirm the effective implementation of any solutions.
- Promote a positive EHS culture in the workplace.
- Other duties as assigned
As the successful candidate your skills will include:
- Proved proficiency, as requested above, in an inspection capacity and a familiarity with the construction, equipment maintenance and oilfield service sector.
- Back ground in an open pit mining environment
- Familiar with HD excavating equipment, maintenance repair procedures techniques
- Minimum of 2 years QC inspector experience of which 1 year should be related to the Petroleum Industry.
- Knowledge of NDE processes, ASME Codes and Provincial Regulations
- Knowledge of dimensional inspection techniques.
- The incumbent should be computer proficient (Excel, MS Word etc.) and experience in a project environment will be an asset.
- High School Diploma
- Completion of a recognized Mechanical Technologist would be an asset.
- Journeyman tradesperson
- CWB Inspectors-Level 1- minimum requirement
- CWB Welding Supervisors would be an asset.
- CWB 47.1 & W59 accreditation would be an asset.
We are committed to developing and training our people; by fostering collaboration, providing ongoing training opportunities and rewarding those who want to lead and exceed expectations. As a valued team member, you will receive a comprehensive total rewards package.
Please apply to www.fts group.com
Indeed - 9 months ago
FT Services was established in August 2006 to capture growing asset management and maintenance opportunities in Canada. FT Services brings...