FT Services is building a skilled and dedicated team to deliver best-in-class maintenance, turnaround and sustaining project services to Canada’s top oil and gas companies.
We provide our valued employees with a safe and progressive environment – encouraging an entrepreneurial approach to business and the opportunity to succeed. At FT Services we are succeeding together.
FMSL is the CLAC affiliated operating arm of FT Services (a joint venture between Transfield Services Ltd. - Australia and Flint Energy Services Ltd. - Canada).
FMSL is currently seeking a certified Pipefitter for one of our projects in Northern Alberta. Preference will be given to those with industrial and/or experience and knowledge.
· Layout, assemble, fabricate, maintain and repair piping systems which carry water, steam, chemicals or fuel used in heating, cooling, lubricating and other processes
· Layout, assemble, fabricate, maintain and repair pressurized piping systems
· Hydro-test and install fabricated pipe spools within structural steel modulate assemblies, adding designed supports as required
· Maintain all tools, work areas and equipment
· Mentor apprentices
Study blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine the type of pipe and tools to use and lay out the sequence of tasks
Make detailed sketches for pipe and equipment fabrication and installation
Measure, cut, thread, groove, bend, assemble and install metal, plastic and fibreglass pipes, valves and fittings
Join pipe sections and related equipment, and secure in position
· Use testing equipment to check systems for leaks
· Operate welding machinery
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an industrial Maintenance/Construction role
· Live Plant Experience
· Team Player dedicated to delivering results
· Personal Commitment to safety
· Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
· Personal Management Skills
· Read diagrams, schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures
Physical strength and stamina
Ability to read and understand complex instructions
Ability to do careful and precise work.
· Alberta Certified Journeyman Pipefitter or Inter-Provincial Red Seal
· Valid Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS 09) Ticket
· Pass a Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Test
· Valid Driver’s Licence
1 year project (Started Feb 2014)
14 days on / 7 days off - 10 hours per day
(140 hours per rotation, 95 hours are regular, 45 are OT - 1.5)
Hourly rate: $43.55 (CLAC agreement)
Flights provided ( From/to Calgary and Edmonton only)
We're not hiring apprentices at this time.
We are committed to developing and training our people; by fostering collaboration, providing ongoing training opportunities and rewarding those who want to lead and exceed expectations. As a valued team member, you will receive a comprehensive total rewards package.
Please apply to http://www.ft-serv.com/.