FT Services is building a skilled and dedicated team to deliver best-in-class maintenance, turnaround and sustaining project services to Canada’s top oil and gas companies.
We provide our valued employees with a safe and progressive environment – encouraging an entrepreneurial approach to business and the opportunity to succeed. At FT Services we are succeeding together.
FMSL is the CLAC affiliated operating arm of FT Services (a joint venture between Transfield Services Ltd. - Australia and Flint Energy Services Ltd. - Canada).
FMSL is currently seeking an EHT Supervisor for our Kearl project in Northern Alberta.
The ideal candidate is an Alberta Certified Journeyman Electrician or holds an Inter-provincial Red Seal. Must have strong EHT experience. Preference will be given to those with industrial experience and knowledge.
Reporting to the Site Superintendent your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop team relationships to ensure smooth interaction between parties responsible for work identification, planning & scheduling, resource provision and execution of work
- Adhering to the responsibilities and authorities as defined in the Operational Systems Plan (OSP) and any other manuals related to quality
- Develop procedures as required to execute work in a safe, efficient and timely manner
- Control of nonconforming products / services and their subsequent repair / rework until corrective actions have been implemented
- Ensure that the product / service provided meets the customer schedule / order / agreement requirements
- Ensure compliance with established safety & environmental programs to execute services with zero harm to people, environment and plant
- Monitor safety performance and implement steps to rectify any trends or deficiencies in performance of the program
- Proactively participate in the overall safety and environmental programs to drive continuous improvement
- Ensure safety reporting, incidents and near misses are reported both timely and accurate in accordance with the standard procedure
- Ensure thorough investigations of accidents / incidents are conducted so that recurrences are minimised
- Manage and develop core team.
- Monitor the performance of the core team and their relationships, and work with Supervisors and Superintendents to continuously improve the same.
- Monitor performance of each craft employee and perform counselling and performance assessments as required.
- Actively reinforce, promote and improve the FTS / Client culture
- Participate in the continuous improvement process within the FTS / Client relationship
- Participate in the review and tracking of identifiable cost savings.
- Identify areas and processes for improvement and assign teams to evaluate the processes
- Act promptly to address and fix customer concerns, ensuring timely and appropriate feedback to the customer
- Develop and maintain an excellent and effective relationship with the client.
- Develop and maintain a good company image with the community
- Effectively manage the industrial relations and human resources functions within the assigned area.
- Interact with HR/IR, Project, Safety and Quality Managers as required to effectively manage people where appropriate.
- Ensure core team members are adequately trained in, understand and fairly apply policies, procedures and collective agreement requirements
- Ensure team members understand and apply the intent of the commercial aspects of the FTS / Client relationship.
- Apply focus on meeting the FTS / Client Scorecard and KPIs
- Monitor progress against budgets and take corrective action as necessary
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a Supervisor or General Forman role
- Appropriate trade qualifications, with additional engineering qualifications as an asset
- CSTS and First Aid training certification is a pre site access requirement.
The rotation is a 10 days on/10 days off schedule, with flights provided in and out of Calgary, AB and Edmonton, AB.
We are committed to developing and training our people; by fostering collaboration, providing ongoing training opportunities and rewarding those who want to lead and exceed expectations. As a valued team member, you will receive a comprehensive total rewards package.
Please apply to http://www.ftsgroup.com