An Employment Equity Employer, Friesens Corporation is inviting experienced, knowledgeable, motivated and career-minded individuals to apply for a Shipping Receiving position at the Book Division Shipping Department. He/She will be responsible to ensure seamless processing of outgoing shipments and incoming items. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk understands the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of incoming and outgoing items. Inventory management is an essential function for this position. The successful candidate will work the following 12-hour day shift rotation: Week (1) Mon-Tues, Fri-Sat, 6AM-6PM; Week (2) Wed-Thurs, 6AM-6PM.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent;
- Working experience in Shipping and Receiving role preferred;
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language;
- Basic mathematical skills;
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record;
- Ability to weigh and measure items;
- Working knowledge of safe packing methods;
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift;
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently;
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail;
- Attention to detail in all areas of work;
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills;
- Class 1 drivers license;
- Has appropriate documentation to allow for US border crossing;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Work and communicate effectively with your Manager, the Shipping Dispatcher, Drivers and coworkers in your department and interdepartmentally;
- Carry out duties in a timely manner according to schedule or as directed by your Manager;
- Confirm identity of supplies or product to be moved;
- Ensure the secure and accurate loading and unloading of receivables and deliveries;
- Process required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking;
- Maintain filing of shipping documents;
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required;
- Update and maintain PrintStream inventory as appropriate for supplies or product involved;
- Sort and distribute/store incoming shipments as instructed;
- Follow current standards and procedures;
- Ensure shipments contain proper documentation and if multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete;
- Perform quality checks of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off;
- Report discrepancies to Shipping Manager;
- Problem solve for any situations of missing documents, shipments and deliveries;
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations;
- Make deliveries with a company vehicle to various Friesens locations as assigned;
- Backup Local and Out-of-Town Driver;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All interested individuals are encouraged to fill-out an online application via www.friesens.com/application-form on or before August 6, 2013.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Friesens offers a full range of top quality products. We also offer plenty of literature to help the first time publisher and the publisher...