An Employment Equity Employer, Friesens Corporation is inviting experienced, knowledgeable, motivated and career-minded individuals to apply for a Production Manager position at the Packaging Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for all phases of production. From the time a job enters the production area, he/she will be responsible to see that the job is brought to completion taking into consideration all job requirements including, but not limited to, efficiencies, deadlines and quality. He/she will also serve as a member of the Packaging Management Team.
- Formal Management Training (Degree or Certificate) preferred;
- Broad knowledge of general printing procedures and principals;
- Minimum of 5 years direct printing and management experience;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills;
- Good Computer skills.
- Together with the General Manager, actively participate in forward planning, projecting personnel requirements, systems and/or procedural changes and equipment requirements to achieve the production objectives as set out by General Manager;
- Review goals with Management and staff on a regular basis;
- Maintain strong communication with supporting departments to ensure maximum support and cooperation;
- Together with the General Manager, carry out the policies of the company as set out by the Board of Directors;
- Direct the production of all products at Packaging Division and all internal jobs forwarded to Packaging Division from other divisions in an efficient and profitable manner taking into consideration customer requirements as it relates to quality, service and materials. When the services of other divisions are required, the Production Manager is responsible to make the necessary arrangements;
- Implement Friesens Performance Management System in the Production Department;
- Provide service in the best interest of the customer and the Company by directing scheduling of equipment, labour, job operations, expediting, and processing of production orders;
- Establish planning programs, controls and standards to develop optimum capacitates of staff and equipment;
- Prescribe the quality standards and measurements of all work produced;
- Responsible for controlling of all spoilage and waste;
- Responsible for scheduling production and determining plant loading together with the General Manager;
- Responsible for setting and meeting promised delivery dates;
- Recommend and make adjustments to schedule for legitimate delays that are encountered;
- Translate future schedules into labour requirements with other members of the Management Team;
- Direct all operations by delegating responsibility and authority;
- Trouble shoot production problems and/or recommend corrective actions;
- Develop new production methods and processes utilizing research and development programs and work simplification techniques;
- Utilize and analyze productivity reports and keep individuals apprised of productivity;
- Together with the General Manager, responsible for the implementation of any employee programs within the Production Department;
- Responsible for obtaining authorization from the General Manager for additional costs that have been requested or that have been incurred due to unforeseen additions or alternations due to job.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Friesens offers a full range of top quality products. We also offer plenty of literature to help the first time publisher and the publisher...