An Employment Equity Employer, Friesens is inviting experienced, knowledgeable, motivated and career-minded individual to fill a full time Junior Estimator position in the Book Division. He/She will process quotation requests received from customers and provide price quotation based on the current production standards, hourly rates, and material prices. He/She will work regular hours, Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 to 5:00PM.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent;
- Good conceptual abilities (able to visualize implication of production procedures);
- Computer literacy, including beginner to intermediate level of knowledge of Word processing, spreadsheets, and beginner knowledge of database software;
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision;
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English);
- Ability to stay focused on job tasks.
- Select the less-complex quotes in the assigned territories and complete the quotes quickly, efficiently and accurately;
- Analyze quotation requests of moderate complexity, to judge compatibility with production equipment, and to determine the most economical method of manufacture;
- Calculate price of printing jobs based on specific procedures and material prices;
- Compose quotation letters with specific details so that customers know what is included in the price and what is expected of them;
- Advise CSRs, Sales Staff and Management of manufacturing procedures for specific jobs and recommend changes to quotation specifications for more economical production;
- Maintain general knowledge of current production methods;
- Develop general knowledge of paper- its characteristics and its application to specific uses;
- Assist the territory Estimators in maintaining quote requests as assigned by supervisor;
- Price sheeting orders and raw materials;
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
All interested individuals are encouraged to fill-out an online application via www.friesens.com/application-form on or before Wednesday, August 7, 2013.
Indeed - 8 months ago