An Employment Equity Employer, Friesens Corporation is inviting experienced, knowledgeable, motivated and career-minded individuals to apply for a full time Maintenance Technician position in the Maintenance Department. The technician will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and repairs associated with plumbing and heating requirements at all Friesens facilities. He/She will work using safe work practices with items such as, but not limited to, air conditioning, humidifiers, water pipes and sewer utilities in and about the facilities, as well as maintaining and repairing compressed air lines, compressors and vacuum pumps. He/She will deal with air and vacuum issues to keep production equipment running, make any repairs and/or contract outside services to resolve issues.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent;
- Training in air conditioning along with the Manitoba Ozone Certificate would be an asset;
- Technical training in the HVAC or Electrical trade would be an asset;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment;
- Experience with routine maintenance operations;
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allows one to work effectively in a diverse working environment;
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Able to work well under pressure;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times;
- Computer literate.
- Deals with plumbing, air and vacuum issues to keep the production equipment running. Makes repairs that are needed or contracts this to outside services;
- Participates in all construction and remodeling projects involving plumbing, air conditioning changes and/or additions. This includes planning, ordering of materials, and the installation;
- Responsible for the maintenance and preventive maintenance programs including cleaning for all plumbing, heating and air conditioning, and air and vacuum related equipment;
- Has access to drawings for the location and layout of job related equipment and services at Friesens; Maintains drawings to reflect accurately any changes and/or additions that are made to sewer and gas lines;
- Maintains a list of suppliers for purchasing supplies and parts; keeps a supply of regularly used parts and filters in stock, and orders other parts as required. Large parts are to be approved by the manager;
- Draws on other maintenance staff for help by making arrangements with the Facilities Manager;
- Assists electrician and carpenter as required for projects and as time allows;
- Local trips to venders/suppliers will be required
Interested individuals are encouraged to visit our website at www.friesens.com for access to an online application. The position will be closed as soon as we filled it with the right candidate.
Indeed - 20 months ago
Friesens offers a full range of top quality products. We also offer plenty of literature to help the first time publisher and the publisher...