Friesens Corporation, an Employment Equity Employer, is accepting applications for various Bindery Machine Operator positions on the 12-hour day and night shift rotations. We are seeking Folder Operators, Sewing Machine Operators, Binding Line Operators and Small Equipment Operators.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent;
- Mechanical and mathematical aptitude;
- Able to work as a functioning member of a team;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment;
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment;
- Able to effectively communicate in English both verbally and in writing;
- Able to work well under pressure;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Basic computer skills;
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts;
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Work and communicate effectively with the Manager, Shift Managers and staff;
- Carry out jobs according to the schedule or as directed by the Shift Manager;
- Manage the operation of the machine for quality, efficiency, and productivity;
- Understand the job requirements from information on the docket and other sources;
- Request and arrange the components of the job in advance;
- Set up the machine as required;
- Flip skids on skid turner as necessary;
- Run sample signatures making necessary adjustments;
- Run job to the quantities required;
- Periodic visual and measurement checks;
- Arrange for product storage;
- Perform machine maintenance as described in the Maintenance Binder and the Operator’s Manual;
- Practice Friesens safety procedure for equipment and plant situations;
- Perform any other job assignments as assigned by the Manager or Shift Manager;
All interested individuals are encouraged to fill-out an online application via www.friesens.com/application-form.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Friesens offers a full range of top quality products. We also offer plenty of literature to help the first time publisher and the publisher...