Freightopolis is an industry changing company in the online delivery and transportation domain.
Our head office is located in Outremont, Montreal. We are a fun and young company undergoing rapid expansion. We value our people and their creativity. We offer unique opportunities for growth and professional development through a stimulating and multicultural environment.
The Copy Writer is responsible for aspects of telling compelling marketing stories for Freightopolis, online and within traditional marketing collateral. The objective is to work with the Marketing Team under the direction of the Marketing Strategist and Online Marketing Director to build our brand awareness, provide research and monitor our online presence. The position is designed for someone who is prepared to take initiative, champion good ideas and be a strong team player.
Accountabilities will include:
- Work under direction to conceptualize and translate marketing objectives into creative strategies.
- Be involved in brainstorming ideas and creative concepts.
- Develop highly effective, original and targeted marketing copy under the tightest deadlines, including writing for web content, landing pages, earned media/guest blogging, social media, print ads, brochures, direct mail pieces, sales scripts and marketing reports.
- Provide detail-oriented proof reading and copy editing to ensure materials written not only meet grammatical standards, but, more importantly, communicate messages with "one voice" to increase mission awareness and brand identity.
- Develop editorial calendar, to provide an overview of all editorial content and make sure deadlines are met.
- Must juggle numerous projects simultaneously, taking strong initiative and ability to work independently.
- Initiate and maintain communications with clients to ensure creation of materials that meet client needs as well as creative services standards.
Desired Skills & Experience
- University creative writing, journalism or arts degree preferred.
- Background as ad copywriter, editor, writer or journalist preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 professional, published years of agency writing experience.
- Understand online marketing concepts such as persuasion architecture, content marketing personas, landing pages, call-to-action.
- Strong research skills and knowledge of technical aspects of writing and editing.
- Experience in marketing communications an asset with a good portfolio showcasing published writing and content development work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet very tight deadlines is critical.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to work effectively with clients, designers and other writers is a must.
- Strong English skills, French is an asset
**Send a cover letter along with a resume and link(s) to your online portfolio.
If you would like to hear more about this role and our opportunities, please send your résumé in French and in English. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No unsolicited agency referrals please. We are an equal opportunity employer. Visit http://www.freightopolis.com/en/ for more details.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Freightopolis is currently in development. Please check back later.