The Data Entry Clerk must have a strong familiarity with computers and software. Other requirements will include a high rate of typing (50 words per minute or faster), use of databases and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment. This position is located in our Toronto offices.
- Data entry in various software
- Checking records for duplication
- Prepare and maintain reports from manual or electronic files, mailing lists and databases
- Perform basic management of electronic files (e.g. print, copy, and transfer)
- Access information from a computer and/or maintain a computer database
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Enter data envelopes, labels, form letters and correspondence
- Other clerical tasks as assigned
- Adhere to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Follow current standards and procedures.
- Keep a clean, safe and organized work area.
- Perform general office duties such as photocopying, faxing, and binding
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fast and accurate keyboarding skills (50+ WPM)
- Ability to understand logical processes and be detail-oriented
- Familiar with databases (web-based databases would be an asset)
- I.T. aptitude would be an asset
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and previous experience with Databases.
- Experience related to general administrative duties.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to adhere to confidentiality when working with sensitive information
- Related copy/mail/clerical experience preferred.
- Ability to work with strong attention to detail and time lines.
Freightopolis’ head office is located in Montreal, with a sales office in Toronto. We are a fun and growing company undergoing rapid expansion. We value people and creativity. We offer unique opportunities for growth and professional development. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No unsolicited agency referrals please. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER