FPInnovations is among the world’s largest private, non-profit research centers working in forest research. The organization helps the Canadian forest industry to develop path breaking solutions based on the unique attributes of Canada’s forest resources, favoring a sustainable development approach and taking full advantage of the industry’s considerable scientific, technological and commercial capital.
To serve its members and customers, the business analysis group works with a variety of industrial partners, development agencies, financing institutions, governments and others. The group produces market intelligence, economic analyses, and business development tools for building products and systems aimed at homebuilders, distributors, architects, engineers, and consumers. In addition, the group specializes in the positioning of conventional and emerging uses of wood and wood fiber for non-building sectors.
Reporting to the Research Leader, Markets, the Quantitative Analyst will play a central role in managing the process of data collection and analysis. They will assist in further developing and maintaining internal databases and modelling tools. Further, the Quantitative Analyst will be responsible for building queries and reporting from these tools. The role involves working with producers to model the market viability of new product ideas and working internally on new product concepts for members and clients. The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of projects requiring synthesis and strong business acumen. This position will be based in Vancouver and may require regular travel throughout Canada.
- Manage data collection and analysis processes
- Create and maintain databases and modelling tools (trade, building systems, demographics, and economics)
- Create and report on custom queries from quantitative tools
- Carry out detailed market analysis and prepare project reports
- Support development of new contract and revenue opportunities for the organization
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Data management and reporting skills mandatory
- SQL, GIS, Cost Analysis, Quantity Appraisal, Statistics and Forecasting are assets to be strongly considered
- 3-5 years’ experience in data management and reporting
- 2 years industry experience in wood products, building materials, or construction preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to make presentations to varied audiences
- Financial skills considered an asset
Please submit resume to:
Human Resources Coordinator, FPInnovations
Indeed - 14 months ago
FPInnovations is among the world’s largest private, not-for-profit forest research centres. It helps the Canadian forest industry...