FOTENN Consultants Inc. is a well-respected planning and urban design consulting firm with offices in Ottawa and Kingston, Ontario. FOTENN offers a superior blend of public and private sector planning experience resulting in an ability to develop well balanced urban planning and design solutions. FOTENN is highly regarded for its success in the development of community plans and facilitation of public engagement processes. More information about FOTENN can be found on the firm’s website, www.FOTENN.com.
FOTENN Consultants Inc. has an immediate opening for an Urban Development Planner in its Ottawa office. The successful candidate will work with FOTENN’s professional Urban Planners and Designers and will have experience in both policy planning and development approvals.
FOTENN is seeking applicants who:
- Preferably have 1 to 3 years of experience in the planning field.
- Have a university degree in urban planning or a related discipline;
- Have CIP/OPPI membership or eligibility for membership;
- Demonstrate an understanding of land development and municipal policy planning;
- Experience in liaising with municipal departments
- Enjoy direct liaison with clients and government approval agencies;
- Demonstrate proven problem solving skills and project coordination;
- Have the capacity to both work collaboratively and show self-initiative and leadership skills;
- Demonstrate excellent English written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills, including public consultation;
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Additional skills, while not required, would be considered asset:
- Strong presentation skills;
- Knowledge and proficiency in AutoCAD, GIS, Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design;
- Fluency in oral and written French
FOTENN offers competitive salaries, health benefits and a progressive work environment. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit your resume and supporting documents attention to:
Manager | Finance and Operations
FOTENN Consultants Inc.
223 McLeod Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 0Z8
T 613-730-5709 ext 222
The deadline for submission is Friday, May 30 at 12:00 pm (noon). We thank you in advance for your submission. Only those who are invited for an interview will be contacted on or before June 4.
Established in 1992, FOTENN Consultants Inc. has offices in Ottawa and Kingston.
FOTENN provides a full spectrum of Planning, Urban...