Flynn Canada Ltd., Canada's leading building envelope trade contractor in the institutional, commercial and industrial construction market place is looking for a Regional Health and Safety Manager to work from our Vancouver office in Surrey BC.
Flynn Canada is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for all of its employees through the use of a comprehensive health and safety program. It is company policy to provide first quality service while taking all reasonable steps to prevent injury to employees, the clients and the public.
For over 30 years, Flynn Canada Ltd. has enjoyed steady growth and success by providing quality contracting services and design assistance to ensure long-term performance and customer satisfaction. As a contractor, Flynn Canada Ltd. plays a key role in blending architectural visions with practical detailing to ensure quality, functional, and high-performance Roof, Glazing, and Wall Systems.
Flynn Canada Ltd. is also extremely proud to have been awarded the title of one of "Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies" for twelve consecutive years.
For more information on Flynn Canada Ltd. please visit, www.flynn.ca.
Regional Health & Safety Manager - Job Description
- Assist in the development and implementation of company Health and Safety policies, procedures and programs to enhance safety culture
- Provide leadership, guidance and technical support to branch operations regarding specific issues relative to H&S programs and policies
- Monitor compliance, report and assess regional safety key performance indicators and implement programs to effectively reduce risk, increase safety awareness, and manage costs to meet corporate objectives
- Assess risks and trends in the workplace and implement corrective measures to reduce risk
- Assess and manager WCB cases through modified work programs and report LTI and medical aids
- Participate in and maintain Certificate of Recognition (COR) status
- Develop and implement solutions for emergency preparedness plans for company sites
- Develop and assist with JHSC meetings with worker and employer representatives, initiate follow up and corrective action to ensure compliance and maintain effective communication with workers and employers
- Develop and lead in-house H&S training with managers and employees which include employee orientation, employee coaching and discipline
- Conduct investigations of critical injuries, work refusals and determine compliance with legislated standards and regulations
- Maintain records of incidents and accidents and provide statistics for managers
- Identify, investigate, report and provide guidance relative to root causes for incidents, employee safety programs, regulatory compliance relative to H&S
- Ensure the safe operation of equipment and adherence to maintenance schedules
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, fall protection, hazardous substances and safeguarding machinery
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary group and be a team leader
- Assist in the development and administration of company safety incentive programs
- Formal education and/or training in Environmental Health and Safety, CRSP, CSO or equivalent experience at a Management level.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a safety role within a construction environment
- Safety knowledge in Fall Protection, Fire Protection and WHMIS
- Knowledge of accident investigation
- Knowledge and understanding of WSIB legislation
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Computer literate in Windows applications; Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Presentation skills are an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage others with minimal supervision
- Team attitude with a willingness to learn
- Valid driver’s license required
Why work at Flynn?
- Work for one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Opportunity to work on operational efficiencies and implementation projects
- Training and development opportunities
- Excellent benefits program which includes; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, RRSP matching and onsite fitness facilities
No phone calls please.
Indeed - 16 months ago