FLYHT is seeking an experienced and motivated Avionics Engineer or Engineering Technologist. This position is located in our Calgary, Alberta office.
FLYHT designs and develops products and services for the international aerospace industry. The company’s patented technologies enhance safety, efficiency and profitability by providing real-time data communications to airline customers worldwide. FLYHT is based in Calgary, Canada and has service locations in the United States, China, Ireland, England, Dubai, and Argentina.
Provide engineering services for the integration of the company’s and others aeronautical products into various aircraft types including design and substantiation that meets the requirements of all applicable regulatory authorities, prepare engineering data including reports and drawings, conduct airworthiness testing and provide technical liaison, at home and abroad, with prototyping, manufacturing, and installation facilities as required to deliver the company’s products.
Work closely with the all internal teams to ensure that the corporate objectives are met on a timely basis.
Other duties may include working closely with the R&D and the Quality Assurance in the design, test and roll out of products.
Will be responsible for creating the following engineering reports/drawings:
- Aircraft wiring diagrams
- Wire routing drawings
- Aircraft electrical load analysis
- Systems substantiation reports
- Instructions for Continued Airworthiness
- System/Aircraft Test Procedures
Candidates will be working with the following:
- Satellite Communication equipment
- General Communication / Navigation equipment
- Audio Management systems
- Flight Data Recorder systems
- Flight Management systems
- Power Distribution systems
In addition, candidates will:
- Perform basic troubleshooting of problems and devise solutions
- Liaise and coordinate between the Company, Delegates, and Airworthiness Authorities to maintain compliance with applicable regulations and policy for airworthiness and type certification.
- Manage the conformity process which includes the determination of items that require conformity, writing and issuing the request for conformity, tracking the conformity progress for all projects.
- Advise company personnel of procedures and requirements by conferring with other members of the aviation industry and maintaining familiarity with Canadian and foreign certification requirements.
- 3 to 5 years avionics design engineering experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office suite
- Must have experience on communication, navigation, audio systems, flight management systems, total systems integration, etc.
- Knowledge of Transport Canada, FAA & EASA regulations
- Experience with FAR 25 requirements
- Systems integration experience (FMS, Audio, etc.) on fixed wing aircraft
- Experience on commercial aircraft
- Minimum: college diploma, preferably in a related field (e.g. Aircraft Maintenance, Avionics, Aircraft Structures, Aeronautical Engineering)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Work well under pressure
- Research and apply knowledge effectively
- Excellent English communication (verbal/written)
- Superior analytical and creative problem solving capabilities
- Positive attitude
- Balanced focus and respect for goal/process-oriented objectives
- Must possess a valid passport (travel required)
FLYHT deploys its technologies in conjunction with a number of corporate partners. Detailed descriptions of our partners are below....