Title: Java Developer
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan.
Duration: 6 Month
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participation in all phases of the software development life cycle, including product research, software architecture, design, construction, testing, implementation and support.
- Participation in the gathering, analysis and documentation of requirements with software development manager, project manager and other software developers on the team.
- Design and implement assigned components of the architecture or application according to provided software requirements or specifications.
- Participate in the testing of the system, including unit testing, functional testing, performance testing and installation testing
- Code to company quality and programming standards
- Work in a self directed, agile environment
- Ability to extract the essence of a complicated situation; sort out the core ideas that are relevant to the assigned tasks/goals
- Communication skills to create create/communicate artifacts throughout the software development life cycle
- Ability to estimate/track/monitor time spent on assigned development activities
- Document code/processes/practices in both inline (Javadoc) and various hard copy artifacts
- Ability to read/interpret Industry standards
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in relevant position
- Ability to read feature specifications and determine how to implement them
- Ability to read software requirement documents and produce technical specifications
- Fluency in Java acquired by hands-on experience, JEE, and Web Services (specifically JEE6, JSF 2, JMS, Web Services)
- Minimum 2 years experience and knowledge of standard web technologies - HTML, XML, XSLT, etc.
- Working knowledge of SQL and database design concepts, JPA 2, and Hibernate
- Proven experience or knowledge with Linux or a Unix variant
- Familiarity with version control and management systems (Hudson, ANT, SVN)
- Knowledge of UML, object modeling, analysis and design patterns
- Knowledge of Agile SCRUM development methodology
- Knowledge of Drools and jBPM would be an asset
- Test driven development experience would be an asset
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills are essential
Indeed - 13 months ago