Are you looking to work for one of the best?
FIRMA Foreign Exchange was recently named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada (2013 & 2011).
FIRMA Foreign Exchange is one of the world’s leading foreign exchange brokers with locations across Canada, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, and Australia. Our company has over 17,000 customers worldwide and 22 international branch offices.
We trade in all major international currencies in an excess of 5 billion dollars annually. Working with financial institutions worldwide, we process trades for businesses of all sizes or individuals making major purchases outside their country of origin. Furthermore, we offer our clients international wire transfers, foreign currency drafts, forwards contracts, foreign currency payables services and exclusive market information.
We are currently accepting resumes for our Finance Department for a Finance Clerk in our Edmonton Head Office which is in the heart of downtown Edmonton.
Finance Clerk – Edmonton, Head Office
- Perform daily and monthly bank reconciliations:
- Monitor un-reconciled transactions: Follow up on transactions that were entered into Tradex on previous days but left un-reconciled for various reasons.
- Monitor outstanding transactions: Check for outstanding debits/credits in the un-reconciled screen, go through the Excel workbook to remove any that have been completed.
- Assist records management team: Sort attachments/trades, look up trade numbers, file, etc…
- Other finance/A/P duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Accounting, bookkeeping experience – especially in bank reconciliations and accounts payable.
- Experience with Simply Accounting software
- Experience with Excel, Word, Outlook
Other complementary skills/experience include:
- Post-secondary accounting training – can be in progress. An accounting designation is not required. New grads are welcome to apply.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, meticulous attention to detail, work under pressure in a structured environment, tight deadlines, repetitive tasks
- Self-motivated and able to function well independently or in a group environment
The shift is Monday to Friday, 8 hours during the day (8 hour shift between the hours of 7:30am and 5:30pm). Start date is ASAP.
- Annual Salary: $31,000-$33,000
- Eligible for Bonus (up to 10% of salary)
- FIRMA will pay for completion of job-related training
- Medical and dental benefits
- 10 vacation days, 5 personal days
- After 6 months of successful employment you are eligible for one half-Friday off per month
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, iPods, etc...
- Other perks – discounted ETS pass, casual Fridays, fresh fruit and beverages, staff appreciation events
If this opportunity is of interest and you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume to edmontonrecruit "at" firmafx.com. FIRMA Foreign Exchange would like to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
FIRMA Foreign Exchange—formerly Globex Foreign Exchange—gives you up-to-the minute market expertise and the advantage of the industry’s best...