Web Solutions Development and Post-Sales Support (6 month contract)
Have you wondered what it’s like to work for one of BC’s Top Employers?
Headquartered just outside of Vancouver, BC, with an office in Dublin, Ireland, FINCAD has been providing software to the financial industry for more than 20 years and is the leading provider of financial analytics technology, enabling global market participants to make informed hedging and investment decisions. FINCAD’s solutions support the valuation, reporting and risk management of derivatives and fixed income portfolios.
We are currently looking for a Web Solutions Development and Post-Sales Support to help us design and develop a new web-based demonstration front-end system for highly complex financial software. FINCAD is committed to supporting ambitious professionals who want to co-invest in developing themselves to their full potential. This opportunity would be for a 6 month fixed-term.
What We Will Ask of You
You will report to the Quantitative Lead, Client Services and work closely with the Solutions Architect to design and develop a web-based front end demonstration application for a sophisticated financial framework producing valuation and risk analysis of cross-asset, cross-currency derivatives portfolios. In addition, you will be involved in the timely resolution of post-sales licensing and installation issues across all product lines.
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Design and create a web-based front end demonstration application for the F3 product
- Provide post-sales assistance in the timely resolution of licensing and installation issues across all product lines
- Work with clients to resolve their post-sales queries through email and phone
- Assist other team members as necessary in other areas of pre and post sales efforts
What You’ll Need
- University Degree from a top School (Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics, Physics)
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Experience with C# and JAVA is a MUST
- Experience in web application development
- Experience with Eclipse & Visual Studio
- Experience with at least one Linux scripting languages such as Bash, Perl or Python
- Experience with MySQL Server or equivalent
- Familiarity with XML, XSLT, HTML and CSS
- Experience with Windows and UNIX environments
- Desire to contribute to a dynamic team environment
- Experience using Ubuntu and Cloud deployment
- Knowledge of Maven and Tomcat
- Advanced Experience with MS Excel and VBA
- Experience with Bloomberg and/or Reuters
- Experienced with PHP or ASP.NET
What’s In It for You?
In this role at FINCAD, you can expect:
- A company that values its employees and believes in creating a positive work environment with a results-oriented performance-based culture
- A culture that strongly believes in personal growth, offering employees ongoing professional development and opportunities to grow and develop within the organization
- Offices that are bright, airy and 100% open-plan. Everyone enjoys the bright natural light from floor to ceiling windows with a spectacular 360 degree view of the Coastal Mountains and surrounding urban areas. We are conveniently located next to a Skytrain station
To apply for this exciting opportunity please submit your résumé with a cover letter detailing how you meet all the essential requirements and, where applicable, the preferred requirements to the address provided. As well, you can visit our website to learn more about us: http://www.fincad.com
We look forward to meeting you!