Have you wondered what it’s like to work for one of BC’s Top Employers?
Well, come work for FINCAD and find out. Since 2009, we have been recognized as being one of BC’s Top Employers for 5 consecutive years.
Are you passionate about working with a team that creates world class software? Do you have an interest in the financial markets? Do you want to work in a dynamic environment with colleagues who are striving to meet high-growth objectives? And perhaps you’d like to work with smart, passionate, and all-around awesome people? If so, you should keep reading…
Headquartered just outside of Vancouver, BC, with an office in Dublin, Ireland, FINCAD has been providing software to the financial industry for more than 20 years and is the leading provider of financial analytics technology, enabling global market participants to make informed hedging and investment decisions. FINCAD’s solutions support the valuation, reporting and risk management of derivatives and fixed income portfolios.
We are currently looking for a Technical Writer/Information Developer Co-op to help us design and develop a new documentation system for highly complex financial software. FINCAD is committed to supporting ambitious professionals who want to co-invest in developing themselves to their full potential.
I enjoy research and writing, and I really enjoy explaining technically challenging concepts. I am proficient in both mathematical and financial domains. I am an organized, driven, results focused professional with a true passion for the Technical Writer/Information Developer Co-op role. I am passionate about information delivery, and I am empathetic with users. I thrive in a high tech environment and the idea of combining finance and software intrigues me. I am looking for a role that allows me to directly contribute to the success of the company. I am looking to join a growing company that truly values teamwork, honesty, integrity, delivering results, and putting customers first.
What We Will Ask of You
Reporting to the Technical Publications Manager, the Technical Writer/Information Developer Co-op will assist in the creation of documentation from software requirements, other technical documentation, or from information gathered from subject matter experts, with a particular focus on creating documentation related to mathematical valuation of instruments, mathematical descriptions of models, and so forth. The Technical Writer/Information Developer Co-op will work closely with the Research and Development team to ensure accurate and high-quality content, and with other departments as needed to ensure that the documentation meets the needs of FINCAD software users.
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Create technical documentation, both for hardcopy and online distribution, while applying the methods of topic-based, structured authoring. The emphasis will be on the creation of documentation specifically related to quantitative finance.
- Work with the Technical Publications Manager to recommend improvements to document infrastructure and processes.
- Ensure project schedule milestones and quality standards are met.
What You’ll Need
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written.
- Strong interest in mathematics and finance, with an eagerness to learn more.
- Fluent user of word processing, desktop publishing, and online-help development software (e.g. experience with tools such as Flare, MS Word, and XML editors).
- Exposure to software programming, preferably with some programming experience.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- In the 3rd or 4th year of a university or college program and available for a co-op work term, or a recent graduate. Computing and mathematics coursework preferred.
- Experience working in a software development environment preferred.
Below are standard competencies required to be successful at FINCAD:
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences and through a variety of mediums.
- Detail oriented with good planning and organizational abilities.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging and performance-driven environment with a strong commitment to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientation, adaptability and desire and tenacity to succeed.
What’s In It for You?
In addition to our competitive compensation and benefits package, we offer all employees:
- A company that values its employees and believes in creating a positive work environment with a results-oriented performance-based culture
- A culture that strongly believes in personal growth, offering employees ongoing professional development and opportunities to grow and develop within the organization
- Offices that are bright, airy and 100% open-plan. Everyone enjoys the bright natural light from floor to ceiling windows with a spectacular 360 degree view of the Coastal Mountains and surrounding urban areas. We are conveniently located next to a Skytrain station (literally across the parking lot)
- Our Ministry of Fun that organizes regular social and sporting activities for employees and their families, including monthly socials and company anniversary celebrations
- An opportunity to give back to the community through FINCAD HOPE [Helping Other People Effectively] – our employee managed charitable program that enables you to get involved with deserving community projects and make a difference.
- Support for a positive work/life balance through free use of the on-site fitness centre, choice of free parking or a transit subsidy, and 4 weeks’ vacation on hire
If you are a fast learner, a team player who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, and you possess a positive attitude, then you are a perfect fit for this dynamic, fun, fast-growing company.
To apply for this exciting opportunity to learn and grow in the software and finance industries, please email your resume with a cover letter to the address indicated.
As well, you can visit our website to learn more about us. http://www.fincad.com
We look forward to meeting you!