Have you wondered what it’s like to work for one of BC’s Top Employers?
Well, come work for FINCAD and find out. Since 2009, we have been recognized as being one of BC’s Top Employers for 5 consecutive years.
Are you passionate about working with a team that creates world class software? Do you have previous experience in the financial markets? Do you want to work in a dynamic environment with colleagues who are striving to meet high growth objectives? And perhaps you’d like to work with smart, passionate, and all-around awesome people? If so, you should keep reading…
Headquartered just outside Vancouver, BC, with an office in Dublin, Ireland, FINCAD has been providing software to the financial industry for more than 20 years and is the leading provider of financial analytics technology, enabling global market participants to make informed hedging and investment decisions. FINCAD’s solutions support the valuation, reporting and risk management of derivatives and fixed income portfolios.
We are currently looking for a Quantitative Developer to join our R&D team. The role will be critical in developing and evolving our product through a combination of a solid programming background, a creative and analytical mind, and a keen interest in Quantitative Finance. FINCAD is committed to supporting ambitious professionals who want to co-invest in developing themselves to their full potential.
I am an organized, driven, results focused professional with a proven experience in software development and a high aptitude for finance. My true passion is programming but the idea of combining technology and finance fascinates me. My keen interest in math and finance separates me from other software developers and I want to develop world class software that is used by financial institutions all around the globe. My analytical mind and “can-do” attitude allows me to find seemingly impossible solutions to client needs. I truly believe in putting “Customer’s First” and I measure my success by the success of my clients. I am looking to join a growing company that truly values teamwork, honesty, integrity, delivering results, and putting customers first.
What We Will Ask of You
As part of the Research & Development team, the Quantitative Developer will contribute to the development of FINCAD's award winning technology solutions and our state-of-the-art platform for valuation and risk management of any financial derivative. The successful candidate will make a crucial contribution to the delivery of solutions to derivatives business problems, by developing and maintaining a production implementation of new analytics functionality in a cross-platform modern C++ library and aggressively automated build-and-test system.
Specifically this role will be expected to:
- In collaboration with a Quantitative Analyst, implement mathematical solutions to financial problems
- Understand the mathematical methods being applied and appreciate the financial context of the problems being addressed
- Design and implement high performance, accurate numerical algorithms
- Work on all aspects of the core valuation machinery that underpins FINCAD's software products and solutions
- Produce clear and accessible (internal and external) documentation of new functionality
- Implement new functionality in production C++, with timely delivery per release schedules
- Ensure a sufficient set of tests populate the test system
- Participate in peer review of all aspects of the work (code, documentation, testing)
- Continually deepen personal knowledge of the financial domain through self and assisted studies
What You’ll Need
- Post-secondary degree in a technical subject such as mathematics, physics, computer science or a mathematical science
- Programming experience is a must (numerical methods, C++, Python)
- Object-oriented design and knowledge of the software development cycle is required
- Financial industry experience with a quantitative focus is preferred
- Quick learner with an interest in quantitative finance and commitment to increase level of domain knowledge through continuous learning
- Strong communication skills with an ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences
- Thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging and performance-driven environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientation, adaptability and desire and tenacity to succeed
- Detail oriented with good planning and organizational abilities; ability to meet deadlines
What’s In It For You?
In addition to our competitive compensation and benefits package, we offer all employees:
- A company that values its employees and believes in creating a positive work environment with a results oriented performance based culture.
- A culture that strongly believes in personal growth, offering employees ongoing professional development and opportunities to grow and develop within the organization.
- Offices that are bright, airy and 100% open-plan. Everyone enjoys the bright natural light from floor to ceiling windows with a spectacular 360 degree view of the Coastal Mountains and surrounding urban areas. We are conveniently located next to a Skytrain station (literally across the parking lot).
- Our Ministry of Fun that organizes regular social and sporting activities for employees and their families, including monthly socials, company anniversary celebrations.
- Support for a positive work life balance through free use of on-site fitness centre, choice of free parking or a transit subsidy and 4 weeks’ vacation on hire.
If you are a fast learner, a team player who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, and you possess a positive attitude; you are a perfect fit for this dynamic, fun, fast-growing company.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click on the Apply Now button below.
You can visit our website to learn more about us. http://www.fincad.com
We look forward to meeting you!