Have you wondered what it’s like to work for one of BC’s Top Employers?
Well, come work for FINCAD and find out. Since 2009, we have been recognized as being one of BC’s Top Employers for 5 consecutive years.
Are you passionate about working with a team that creates world class software? Do you have previous experience in the financial markets? Do you want to work in a dynamic environment with colleagues who are striving to meet high growth objectives? And perhaps you’d like to work with smart, passionate, and all-around awesome people? If so, you should keep reading…
Headquartered just outside Vancouver, BC, with an office in Dublin, Ireland, FINCAD has been providing software to the financial industry for more than 20 years and is the leading provider of financial analytics technology, enabling global market participants to make informed hedging and investment decisions. FINCAD’s solutions support the valuation, reporting and risk management of derivatives and fixed income portfolios.
We are currently looking for a Quantitative Analyst to join our R&D team. The role will be critical contributing to the development of FINCAD’s award winning technology solutions and our state-of-the-art platform for valuation and risk management of any financial derivative, as well as providing expert support to FINCAD’s prospects and clients and work on current problems in the modeling, pricing and risk measurement of derivative portfolios. FINCAD is committed to supporting ambitious professionals who want to co-invest in developing themselves to their full potential.
I am an organized, driven, results focused professional with a strong quantitative background and a passion for the finance markets. I enjoy problem solving and I want to be part of a team that creates state-of-the –art tools that can revolutionize the financial analytics industry. My analytical mind and “can-do” attitude allows me to find seemingly impossible solutions to client needs. I truly believe in putting “Customers First” and I measure my success by the success of my clients. I am looking to join a growing company that truly values teamwork, honesty, integrity, delivering results, and putting customers first.
What We Will Ask of You
As part of the Research & Development team, the Quantitative Analyst will contribute to the development of FINCAD’s award winning technology solutions and our state-of-the-art platform for valuation and risk management of any financial derivative. The successful candidate will experience all aspects of the delivery of solutions to derivatives business problems, from learning and researching the state of the art in modeling and market practice, the design and prototyping of new functionality through to developing a production implementation in a cross-platform modern C++ library and aggressively automated build-and-test system. As a domain expert, the Quantitative Analyst will also provide expert support to FINCAD’s prospects and clients and work on current problems in the modeling, pricing and risk measurement of derivative portfolios.
Specifically this role will be expected to:
- Work on the analytics platform that underpins FINCAD’s software products and solutions:
o Conduct detailed research and analysis of mathematical solutions to financial problems;
o Participate in the design of new functionality e.g. new models;
o Produce clear and accessible documentation of new functionality;
o Implement new functionality in production C++, with timely delivery per release schedules;
o Ensure a sufficient set of tests populate the test system; and
o Participate in peer review of all aspects of the work (code, documentation, testing).
- Contribute to the delivery of FINCAD solutions to the marketplace:
o Act as a domain expert in discussions with prospects and clients;
o Deliver demonstrations, proofs of concept and training in FINCAD products and solutions;
o Ensure client success by providing quantitative post-sales support which may include participation in professional services engagements; and
o Provide feedback to contribute to the direction of FINCAD’s product development.
- Continually deepen personal knowledge of the financial domain through self and assisted studies and act as a domain expert in one or more areas of quantitative finance.
- Travel to and from the Dublin and Vancouver offices and customer sites may be required.
What You’ll Need
- PhD / Master’s degree and equivalent experience in mathematics, physics or a mathematical science.
- Strong quantitative skills; applied mathematics with a focus on probability, stochastic calculus, stochastic processes, partial differential equations and numerical analysis.
- Programming experience; numerical methods, C++, Python, MATLAB, Mathematica/Maple, Excel/VBA.
- Object-oriented design and knowledge of the software development cycle are assets.
- Financial industry experience with a quantitative focus is preferred.
- Quick learner with commitment to acquire high level of domain knowledge in quantitative finance.
- Very strong communication skills; able to convey complex information to a range of audiences.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging and performance-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientation, adaptability and desire and tenacity to succeed.
- Ability to mentor team members and clients alike and provide technical leadership.
- Detail oriented with good planning and organizational abilities; ability to meet deadlines.
What’s In It For You?
In addition to our competitive compensation and benefits package, we offer all employees:
- A company that values its employees and believes in creating a positive work environment with a results oriented performance based culture.
- A culture that strongly believes in personal growth, offering employees ongoing professional development and opportunities to grow and develop within the organization.
- Offices that are bright, airy and 100% open-plan. Everyone enjoys the bright natural light from floor to ceiling windows with a spectacular 360 degree view of the Coastal Mountains and surrounding urban areas. We are conveniently located next to a Skytrain station (literally across the parking lot).
- Our Ministry of Fun that organizes regular social and sporting activities for employees and their families, including monthly socials, company anniversary celebrations.
- An opportunity to give back to the community through FINCAD HOPE [Helping Other People Effectively] – our employee managed charitable program that enables you to get involved with deserving community projects and make a difference.
- Support for a positive work life balance through free use of on-site fitness centre, choice of free parking or a transit subsidy and 4 weeks’ vacation on hire.
If you are a fast learner, a team player who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, and you possess a positive attitude; you are a perfect fit for this dynamic, fun, fast-growing company.
To apply for this exciting opportunity to learn and grow in the software and finance industry, please click on the Apply Now button below.
You can visit our website to learn more about us. http://www.fincad.com
We look forward to meeting you!