Have you wondered what it’s like to work for one of BC’s Top Employers?
Well, come work for FINCAD and find out. Since 2009, we have been recognized as being one of BC’s Top Employers for 5 consecutive years.
Are you passionate about working with a team that creates world class software? Do you have a strong interest in the financial markets? Do you want to work in a dynamic environment with colleagues who are striving to meet high growth objectives? And perhaps you’d like to work with smart, passionate, and all-around awesome people? If so, you should keep reading…
Headquartered just outside Vancouver, BC, with an office in Dublin, Ireland, FINCAD has been providing software to the financial industry for more than 20 years and is the leading provider of financial analytics technology, enabling global market participants to make informed hedging and investment decisions. FINCAD’s solutions support the valuation, reporting and risk management of derivatives and fixed income portfolios.
We are currently looking for a QA Engineer to join our QA team on a 15 month Maternity Leave contract, with the possibility of turning into a permanent role. The QA Engineer will be critical in ensuring the proper functionality and integrity of our software as well as increasing the efficiency and accuracy of our testing procedures.
I am an organized, driven, results focused professional with a true passion for software development. I take pride in my work and I strongly believe quality assurance plays a crucial role in the software development process. My educational background and professional work experience allows me to talk intelligently about quality assurance, especially around functional test cases and automation. I have a keen interest in quantitative finance and the idea of combining finance and software intrigues me. My analytical mind and attention to detail allows me to detect the smallest bugs. I am looking to join a growing company that truly values teamwork, honesty, integrity, delivering results, and putting customers first.
What We Will Ask of You
As a key member of the QA team, reporting to the QA Manager, the QA Engineer will work closely with the Development team, R&D, Product Management Team and other members of the QA team to create and execute test plans on brand new products which align with corporate strategy, as well as continually find ways of improving test automation and documentation.
Specifically this role will be expected to:
- Create functional test cases or scripts and supporting test data for each product feature to ensure that the data adequately tests all possible situations to reflect business and technology requirements.
- Create and execute test plan to perform feature acceptance testing or regression testing.
- Provide input on the defect reporting process, and collaborate with developers as needed during feature acceptance test, system test, and regression test efforts.
- Log, track, and report defect resolution progress.
- Provide detailed estimates for allocated work items and regularly report progress on allocated work, including issues that impact the quality or timeliness of the work.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently in cross-functional project teams regarding expected product behaviours and customer expectations.
- Conduct conformance testing on multiple platforms and environments.
- Prepare test status reports during test execution process.
- Ongoing maintenance of test case databases and test data sets.
- Continue to improve test automation work by providing test scenarios and test steps, executing and debugging test scripts, maintaining existing test scripts and documentation.
- Participate in the continual improvement of the analytics, development, and QA processes and procedures implemented at FINCAD.
- Continually improve knowledge of the financial domain by reading books, attending seminars/courses and subsequently disseminating the knowledge amongst the QA and development teams.
What You’ll Need
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar discipline
- 3+ years of working experience in software quality assurance.
- Excellent knowledge of software development life cycle, including a thorough understanding of software quality assurance processes and methodologies.
- Proven experience with creating test strategies, test plan, test cases, and test execution
- Familiarity with platform testing and configurations (Windows and Unix).
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Perl, Java etc. is an asset
- Experience in creating, documenting, executing, and troubleshooting automation test scripts is an asset
- Very strong communication skills and the ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences.
- Strong analytical, investigative, and organizational skills.
- Quick learner with commitment to acquire a high level of domain knowledge in quantitative finance.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging, and performance-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus, with an ability to adapt and the desire and tenacity to succeed.
What’s In It For You?
In addition to our competitive compensation and benefits package, we offer all employees:
- A company that values its employees and believes in creating a positive work environment with a results oriented performance based culture.
- A culture that strongly believes in personal growth, offering employees ongoing professional development and opportunities to grow and develop within the organization.
- Offices that are bright, airy and 100% open-plan. Everyone enjoys the bright natural light from floor to ceiling windows with a spectacular 360 degree view of the Coastal Mountains and surrounding urban areas. We are conveniently located next to a Skytrain station (literally across the parking lot).
- Our Ministry of Fun that organizes regular social and sporting activities for employees and their families, including monthly socials, company anniversary celebrations.
- Support for a positive work life balance through free use of on-site fitness centre, choice of free parking or a transit subsidy and 4 weeks’ vacation on hire.
If you are a fast learner, a team player who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, and you possess a positive attitude; you are a perfect fit for this dynamic, fun, fast-growing company.
To apply for this exciting opportunity to learn and grow in the software and finance industry, please click on the Apply Now button below.
You can visit our website to learn more about us. http://www.fincad.com
We look forward to meeting you!