Have you wondered what it’s like to work for one of BC’s Top Employers?
Well, come work for FINCAD and find out. Since 2009, we have been recognized as being one of BC’s Top Employers for 5 consecutive years.
Are you passionate about working with a team that creates world class software? Do you have previous experience in the financial markets? Do you want to work in a dynamic environment with colleagues who are striving to meet high growth objectives? And perhaps you’d like to work with smart, passionate, and all-around awesome people? If so, you should keep reading…
Headquartered in Surrey, BC, with an office in Dublin, Ireland, FINCAD has been providing software to the financial industry for more than 20 years and is the leading provider of financial analytics technology, enabling global market participants to make informed hedging and investment decisions. FINCAD’s solutions support the valuation, reporting and risk management of derivatives and fixed income portfolios.
We are currently looking for a Junior Systems Administrator to join a busy IT department play a critical role in helping the IT department maintain a highly efficient and reliable network system with a low total cost of ownership. FINCAD is committed to supporting ambitious professionals that want to co-invest in developing themselves to their full potential.
I am an organized, driven, results focused professional with a keen interest in IT. I have experience in systems administration and I want join a fast-paced, exciting, growing software company who is an industry leader. I am an analytical thinker who enjoys finding solutions to complex problems. I am looking to join a company that truly values teamwork, honesty, integrity, delivering results, and putting customers first.
What We Will Ask of You
As part of the IT team, the Junior Systems Administrator will play a critical role in helping the IT department achieve its objectives of maintaining a highly efficient and reliable network system with a low total cost of ownership, ensuring high availability of FINCAD’s hosted systems and delivering high quality helpdesk and development support.
More specifically, you will be expected to:
- Provide first level support for a busy IT department.
- Provide maintenance, repairs and installations.
- Assist internal users experiencing operational, hardware, or network connectivity problems with their computer systems.
- Provide basic support for the office productivity software used within the organization.
- Perform upgrades, repairs and preventive maintenance on servers, desktops, printers, and other equipment.
- Participate in systems design and implementation.
- Verify data integrity of backup and restore systems.
- Maintain phone and voicemail system.
- Carry emergency pager as scheduled.
- Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
What You’ll Need
- At least two years of professional IT experience.
- A college diploma in Systems Administration or equivalent.
- A+ or Microsoft Certified is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientation, adaptability and desire and tenacity to succeed
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging, and performance-driven environment
- Detail oriented with good planning and organizational abilities
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to multi-task and to take on a variety of responsibilities.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Must be flexible with time as the team provides 24x7 support.
What’s In It for You?
- A company that values its employees and believes in creating a positive work environment with a results oriented performance based culture.
- A culture that strongly believes in personal growth, offering employees ongoing professional development and opportunities to grow and develop within the organization.
- Offices that are bright, airy and 100% open-plan. Everyone enjoys the bright natural light from floor to ceiling windows with a spectacular 360 degree view of the Coastal Mountains and surrounding urban areas. We are conveniently located next to a Skytrain station (literally across the parking lot)
- Our Ministry of Fun that organizes regular social and sporting activities for employees and their families, including monthly socials, company anniversary celebrations.
- An opportunity to give back to the community through FINCAD HOPE [Helping Other People Effectively] – our employee managed charitable program that enables you to get involved with deserving community projects and make a difference.
- Support for a positive work life balance through free use of on-site fitness centre, and your choice of free parking or a transit subsidy
- A standard benefits package that includes MSP, extended health, dental, etc., as well as 4 weeks of vacation on hire
If you are a fast learner, a team player who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, and you possess a positive attitude; you are a perfect fit for this dynamic, fun, fast-growing company.
To apply for this exciting opportunity to learn and grow in the software and finance industry, please click on the Apply Now button below.
As well, you can visit our website to learn more about us. http://www.fincad.com
We look forward to meeting you!