Have you wondered what it’s like to work for one of BC’s Top Employers?
Well, come work for FINCAD and find out. Since 2009, we have been recognized as being one of BC’s Top Employers for 5 consecutive years.
Are you passionate about working with a team that creates world class software? Do you have previous experience in the financial markets? Do you want to work in a dynamic environment with colleagues who are striving to meet high growth objectives? And perhaps you’d like to work with smart, passionate, and all-around awesome people? If so, you should keep reading…
Headquartered in Surrey, BC, with an office in Dublin, Ireland, FINCAD has been providing software to the financial industry for more than 20 years and is the leading provider of financial analytics technology, enabling global market participants to make informed hedging and investment decisions. FINCAD’s solutions support the valuation, reporting and risk management of derivatives and fixed income portfolios.
What we will ask of you:
As part of the Research & Development team, the Financial Engineer will contribute to FINCAD's software products and solutions by applying our award winning technology and state-of-the-art platform for valuation and risk management to current problems in quantitative finance.
Accountabilities will include:
- Work in collaboration with a Quantitative Analyst to solve valuation and risk management problems using FINCAD's analytics platform.
- Demonstrate solutions in the form of spreadsheet or code examples that ship with FINCAD's software products.
- Increase the speed with which core functionality can be applied to solve problems by constructing higher-level solutions and demonstrations.
- Research current market practice/data/conventions and encode specific areas of market practice in FINCAD's analytics platform.
- As the primary internal users of our software, provide feedback to contribute to the direction of FINCAD's product development.
- Collaborate with our documentation team to develop tutorials and other task-oriented user documentation.
- Continually deepen personal knowledge of the financial domain through self and assisted studies.
What You'll Need:
- Post-secondary degree in a math/science related subject such as mathematics, physics, computer science or a mathematical science.
- Financial industry experience with a quantitative focus is preferred.
- Some programming experience would be a big asset.
- Quick learner with a strong understanding of quantitative finance and commitment to increase level of domain knowledge through continuous learning.
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences and through a variety of mediums.
- Detail oriented with good planning and organizational abilities.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging and performance-driven environment with a strong commitment to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientation, adaptability and desire and tenacity to succeed.
- Ability to mentor team members and clients alike and provide technical leadership.
If you are a fast learner, a team player who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, and you possess a positive attitude; you are a perfect fit for this dynamic, fun, fast-growing company.
To apply for this exciting opportunity to learn and grow in the software and finance industry, please email your resume with a covering letter to the address provided.