Have you wondered what it’s like to work for one of BC’s Top Employers?
Well, come work for FINCAD and find out. Since 2009, we have been recognized as being one of BC’s Top Employers for 5 consecutive years.
Are you passionate about working with a team that creates world class software? Do you have previous experience, or have a keen interest, in the financial markets? Do you want to work in a dynamic environment with colleagues who are striving to meet high growth objectives? And perhaps you’d like to work with smart, passionate, and all-around awesome people? If so, you should keep reading…
Headquartered just outside Vancouver, BC, with an office in Dublin, Ireland and Beijing, China, FINCAD has been providing software to the financial industry for more than 20 years and is the leading provider of financial analytics technology, enabling global market participants to make informed hedging and investment decisions. FINCAD’s solutions support the valuation, reporting and risk management of derivatives and fixed income portfolios.
We are looking for a Quantitative Lead to provide leadership to our talented Pre-Sales and Professional Services Team in FINCAD’s Vancouver area office, whist playing an active role in the delivery of FINCAD’s solutions to the North America marketplace.
I am an organized, driven, results focused professional with a high aptitude for quantitative finance. My educational background and professional work experience allows me to talk intelligently about all aspects of the financial derivatives market. My passion is evident when I engage in a conversation about financial instrument valuations and risk management and the idea of combining finance and technology excites me. My analytical mind and “can-do” attitude allows me to find seemingly impossible solutions to client needs. I enjoy leading and motivating a team to success and the role of a mentor comes naturally to me. I am looking to join a growing company that truly values teamwork, honesty, integrity, delivering results, and putting customers first.
What We Will Ask of You
Reporting to the Director of Client Services, this role will be critical in helping FINCAD build a world class Client Services organization by ensuring the delivery of Pre-Sales and Professional Services in the North America region. The position requires depth in quantitative financial analytics as well as specific domain knowledge relevant to FINCAD customers, their businesses and how FINCAD solutions can benefit them.
Specifically, in this role, you will be required to:
- Ensure that all Pre-Sales and Professional Services activities in the North America region are carried out successfully in a timely and effective manner.
- Act as a domain expert in discussions with prospects and clients.
- Deliver demonstrations, proofs of concepts, and participate in professional services engagements in FINCAD products and solutions.
- Manage the Pre-Sales and Professional Services Team in the Vancouver area office and provide regular performance and development feedback.
- Work with Sales to identify solutions that FINCAD technology and services can deliver to businesses in FINCAD’s target markets.
- Manage the administration and completion of FINCAD Professional Services activities including writing and reviewing Statements of Work that are included in Professional Service engagements.
- Work with Client Services resources to resolve quantitative technical questions/ roadblocks for the FINCAD Customer Success Team members.
- Help establish and implement best practice guidelines and processes for Pre-Sales and Professional Services that enhance FINCAD customers experience with respect to all FINCAD products and services and ensure adoption of these guidelines by the team.
- Recruit new Pre-Sales and Professional Services staff in the Vancouver area office when required and ensure they are successfully on-boarded and have the necessary understanding of FINCAD’s products and Client Services practices.
- Oversee professional development/training of direct reports, and, working closely with the Client Services Director and other Client Services Managers, ensure all members of the Client Services team reach a high standard of quantitative financial domain knowledge.
- Work with Research and Development in the management of an ongoing rotation system to enable suitable Client Services Team members to gain cross-functional training.
What You’ll Need
- Advanced degree and equivalent experience in Finance or mathematical science.
- 4 – 8 years of experience in a client-facing role within the financial industry.
- Strong quantitative skills – applied mathematics with a focus on probability stochastic calculus, stochastic processes, partial differential equations and numerical analysis.
- Proficiency in all concepts of the financial derivatives market, in particular financial instrument valuations and risk management.
- Programming experience (C++, Python, Excel/VBA) and object-oriented design experience would be a big asset.
- Previous experience in a presale capacity, especially in product demonstrations and scoping and delivering Professional Services, is a big plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientation, with an ability to adapt and the desire and tenacity to succeed.
- Very strong communication skills and the ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences and through a variety of mediums.
- Previous experience managing the work of others and furthering their careers with ability to mentor staff, both in technical areas and in personal development.
- Detail oriented with good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging, and performance-driven environment.
- Ability to lead by example, and be a role model for the core values of the company.
- Specific domain knowledge relevant to FINCAD customers, their businesses and how FINCAD solutions can benefit them, and experience using FINCAD products are assets.
What’s In It For You?
In addition to our competitive compensation and benefits package, we offer all employees:
- A company that values its employees and believes in creating a positive work environment with a results oriented performance based culture.
- A culture that strongly believes in personal growth, offering employees ongoing professional development and opportunities to grow and develop within the organization.
- Offices that are bright, airy and 100% open-plan. Everyone enjoys the bright natural light from floor to ceiling windows with a spectacular 360 degree view of the Coastal Mountains and surrounding urban areas. We are conveniently located next to a Skytrain station (literally across the parking lot).
- Our Ministry of Fun that organizes regular social and sporting activities for employees and their families, including monthly socials, company anniversary celebrations.
- An opportunity to give back to the community through FINCAD HOPE [Helping Other People Effectively] – our employee managed charitable program that enables you to get involved with deserving community projects and make a difference.
- Support for a positive work life balance through free use of on-site fitness centre, choice of free parking or a transit subsidy, and 4 weeks’ vacation on hire.
If you are a fast learner, a team player who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, and you possess a positive attitude; you are a perfect fit for this dynamic, fun, fast-growing company.
To apply for this exciting opportunity to learn and grow in the software and finance industry, please click on the Apply Now button below.
As well, you can visit our website to learn more about us. http://www.fincad.com
We look forward to meeting you!