Have you wondered what it’s like to work for one of BC’s Top Employers?
Well, come work for FINCAD and find out. Since 2009, we have been recognized as being one of BC’s Top Employers for 5 consecutive years.
Are you passionate about working with a team that creates world class software? Do you have previous experience, or have a keen interest, in the financial markets? Do you want to work in a dynamic environment with colleagues who are striving to meet high growth objectives? And perhaps you’d like to work with smart, passionate, and all-around awesome people? If so, you should keep reading…
Headquartered just outside Vancouver, BC, with an office in Dublin, Ireland, FINCAD has been providing software to the financial industry for more than 20 years and is the leading provider of financial analytics technology, enabling global market participants to make informed hedging and investment decisions. FINCAD’s solutions support the valuation, reporting and risk management of derivatives and fixed income portfolios.
We are currently looking for a Build Engineer to join our R&D’s Configuration Management team. The role will be critical in developing and evolving our product through a combination of solid system administration experience, a creative and analytical mind, and a strong programming background. FINCAD is committed to supporting ambitious professionals who want to co-invest in developing themselves to their full potential.
I am an organized, driven, results focused professional with proven experience in system administration and/or software development, and a keen interest for finance. My true passion is technology but the idea of combining technology and finance fascinates me. I want to develop world class software that is used by financial institutions all around the globe. My analytical mind and “can-do” attitude allows me to find seemingly impossible solutions to client needs. I truly believe in putting “Customer’s First” and I measure my success by the success of my clients. I am looking to join a growing company that truly values teamwork, honesty, integrity, delivering results, and putting customers first.
What We Will Ask of You
Reporting to the Senior Development Manager and working in close collaboration with the Applications Development team and Information Technology department, the Build Engineer is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the continuous integration multi-platform build system for FINCAD’s analytics product lines.
Specifically this role will be expected to:
- Actively seek and clarify requirements with product owners and other subject matter experts.
- Maintain existing build system and ensure system is bug free and functioning at full capacity.
- Support users of build system and resolve any problems associated with product builds.
- Develop new components of build system and work closely with IT to implement them.
- Maintain and develop product installers.
- Provide realistic task estimates, milestones and updates, and ensure completion of tasks on time.
- Design code with performance/load, usability and maintainability in mind.
- Automate repetitive tasks/processes.
What You’ll Need
- Proven experience with operating Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or newer, Microsoft Windows 7, RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 or newer, at system administrator level.
- Familiarity with SUSE Enterprise Linux and Solaris OS is an asset.
- Proven knowledge of Python scripting language.
- Familiarity with SCons software construction tool is an asset.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux installer packaging technologies is an asset.
- Ability to assess problems, recommend appropriate solutions, and implement them.
- Ability to create accurate and coherent build system documentation and build system maintenance logs.
- Good knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies.
- University degree or recognized diploma in computer science or software engineering is an asset.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging and performance-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientation, adaptability and desire and tenacity to succeed.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging, and performance-driven environment.
- Detail oriented with good planning and organizational abilities.
What’s In It For You?
In addition to our competitive compensation and benefits package, we offer all employees:
- A company that values its employees and believes in creating a positive work environment with a results oriented performance based culture.
- A culture that strongly believes in personal growth, offering employees ongoing professional development and opportunities to grow and develop within the organization.
- Offices that are bright, airy and 100% open-plan. Everyone enjoys the bright natural light from floor to ceiling windows with a spectacular 360 degree view of the Coastal Mountains and surrounding urban areas. We are conveniently located next to a Skytrain station (literally across the parking lot).
- Our Ministry of Fun that organizes regular social and sporting activities for employees and their families, including monthly socials, company anniversary celebrations.
- Support for a positive work life balance through free use of on-site fitness centre, choice of free parking or a transit subsidy and 4 weeks’ vacation on hire.
If you are a fast learner, a team player who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, and you possess a positive attitude; you are a perfect fit for this dynamic, fun, fast-growing company.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, click on the Apply Now button below.
You can visit our website to learn more about us. http://www.fincad.com
We look forward to meeting you!