Field Service Technician (Offshore)
Company: FI Canada
Job ID: 60702IND
Location: Mount Pearl NL
Posted: September 2, 2014
Employment Status: Full Time – Permanent
Job openings: 3
FI Oilfield Services Canada ULC. Canada’s leader in Casing and Tubing Running Services was established in 1994 and is a wholly owned by Frank’s International, N.V. Headquartered in Houston, Texas. Frank’s International N.V. is a global oil services company that provides a broad and comprehensive range of highly engineered tubular services to leading exploration and production companies in both offshore and onshore environments, with a focus on complex and technically demanding wells. Frank’s has over 4,000 employees and provides services in approximately 60 countries on six continents. FI Canada’s Head Office is located in Edmonton, Alberta, with over 100 employees serving all of Canada. Our offices are located in Grande Prairie, Edson, Fort Nelson, Calgary, Mount Pearl, and Dartmouth.
At FI Canada we offer competitive wages, an extensive training program, comprehensive benefits package, RRSP program and room for career advancement.
- Responsible for operating our complete service line including Casing Running Tools, Power tongs, Computer Torque Monitoring, Tubular Supervision and several other technical products and services.
- Provide excellent customer service and assurance that the services we provide meet customer’s expectations.
- Maintain and perform repairs on FI Canada Tools and Equipment while on the work site.
- Taking a leading role in safety meetings at the rig site, follow company policies, completing JSA’s, and conducting Hazard Assessments that include the safe operation of our equipment.
- Be able to work in a safety conscious environment.
- The ability to travel by helicopter, planes, and vessel.
- Successful completion of a BST (Basic Survival Training) Certificate
- Work long shifts in varying weather conditions.
- Work outdoors thru all seasons and be away from home.
- Successful completion of a pre-access medical, drug & Alcohol test.
- Valid Class 5 License and a company approved driver’s abstract.
- 1-2 years of work experience in the oilfield.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English.
- Ability to perform moderately hard physical labor.
- Previous work experience in the oil and gas industry would be an asset.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Computer skills would be an asset for all services.
How to apply:
Apply in Confidence Quoting Reference # 60702IND
Closing date: September 30, 2014
To apply please choose one of the following:
Contact: Sandra Hill - HR Recruiter
All résumés will be held on file by our Recruitment Department for 3 months.
We thank all interested applicants! Only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.