Certified NCSO with a minimum 5 years’ experience with Safety in the Oil & Gas sector.
- Conducts risk assessment and risk mitigation measures on site before commencement of projects
- Undertakes corrective and preventable measures to ensure a proper environment and health for the organization and its stakeholders
- Makes proposals for corrective and preventable measures
- Investigates, analyses and reviews accidents or near misses with the organization
- Ensure regular emergency responses are effective and that managers and employees are prepared at all times
- Conducting drills both announced and un announced
- Ensures that all safety permits are enforced
- make sure all employees are properly informed about working, safety and environmental policies and procedures
- prepares monthly reports and makes presentations regularly about health, environment and safety
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education relating to the safety field (OHS Diploma) completion of NCSO and preferably working towards CRSP designation.
- 5-8 years field experience working in Occupational Health and safety within the industry
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently but also within a team
- Working knowledge of OH&S and applicable legislation, as well as industry regulations and best practices are essential
- Computer skills with proficiency in basic Windows applications
Position will require being available for on-call to respond to incidents as required
Experience with scaffold and mechanical Insulation is a asset.