The Residential Coordinator (RC) is responsible for coordination of services and operations of the Residential Program involving: Coordinating resources and implementation of Individual Program Plans for participants to meet daily program needs and residential administration, staff supervision and leadership to the residential personnel. This involves effective communication with all parties, maintaining a positive, effective and respectful workplace; ensuring employees are coached and supported to meet high work standards. The RC liaises with external resources, community groups, and businesses as required, and works cooperatively, collaboratively and effectively with other program’s staff. The RC is expected to follow the Personnel policies (including Workplace Health and Safety Policies), the Operational Practices and the goals of FASD Life’s Journey Inc. in completing their duties.
The Residential Coordinator is responsible for the development of foster placement resources, licensing and recruitment of foster/proctor parents as well as, residential administration which includes extensive analysis of a wide range of budgets, documents, reports and transactions (e.g. payroll, mileage & expenses), coordination of services (transport), as well as report writing, record keeping, overseeing work incentives, within all legal, safety, policy and program requirements. Included also, are cooperation and collaboration with other agencies and organizations.
This position works collaboratively with other members of the Residential Care Team (RCT) including: RSM’s, House Leads, Clinical Case Managers, Residential Case Workers, Residential Assistant Coordinators, and the Program Manager. In addition to the Residential Care Team, the RC is also responsible to ensure positive interactions with collaterals associated with the participants being supported.
This role requires an individual that is able to support the program and team with:
- High work standards: Work ethic, task completion, consistency, follow up, accuracy/attention to detail, time management.
- Personal management skills: Accountability, self-management, stress tolerance, adaptability/flexibility, creativity, initiative, working in teams or independently, problem solving.
- Personal development Skills: Ability, openness, willingness to learn, receives feedback and seeks collaborative opportunities.
- Professional skills - Interpersonal and communication skills, influencing, collaboration and the ability to establish effective relationships/trust with others, within professional boundaries.
- Mentoring Skills - coaching, patience, influencing and modeling professional behavior
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to: Program Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- University education in social services or equivalent experience in related roles is an asset
- Optimally, 3 years’ experience in a related role and supporting individuals with disabilities
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated successful experience in a supervisory position
- Strong working knowledge of, and comfort with technology, computer systems and processes. (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of building maintenance requirements & monitoring of transactions/services to minimize cost, simplify operations & maximize service.
- Current certification in First Aid and NVCI
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Clear Child Abuse Registry
- Clear Adult Abuse Registry check (new employees since Jan 15, 2013)
- Driver’s license and satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- A safe and reliable vehicle, and proof of insurance on vehicle with 2 (two) million liability
- Report writing/documentation skills
- Ability to coordinate schedules
- Good workplace communication skills
- Highly motivated individual who can work independently
- Demonstrate cultural knowledge and sensitivity.
Knowledge of the following areas is required:
- Community Living
- Disability Services
- EIA and CFS
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
Respect, Collaboration, Integrity, Effective Communication,
Patience and Perseverance, Reasoning and Decision Making
Life’s Journey strives towards a workforce that has fair representation of the community that we serve.
Indeed - 19 months ago