f5 Networks Employee Reviews

review
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WA/ Seattle WAJuly 8, 2016
Not recommended to individuals who have not worked in the Software networking environment.

Disclosure with onboarding was many of the current employers came from other networking, software developers ... where narcissistic personalities is the norm and management is working to make the change for a better culture but it is slow to change.
Network Support Engineer II (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 6, 2016
Productive, fun and challenging workplace! Great people to work with and learning never stops! Management is supportive of your career. The bonus and other perks are decent. But it is easily among the best places I have worked.
Professional and fun at the same time
Network Support Engineer II (Former Employee) –  ChertseyJune 23, 2016
Excellent working culture, professional development, good advancement opportunities, only problem is that is located in london, and london is very busy.
Good place to work if you're not an intern
FPGA Verification Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Workload was what you expect out of an ideal job. I moved into the new building as soon as I started, so I got the most benefits out of the company's assets, which were well above average. The only complaint I have is that coworkers in other parts of the company will neglect to tell you situations that are important and relevant to you. My personal example is that I was working an internship at F5 Networks, and I was given a chance to move up to a full-time position. I brought up the idea of a conversion to full-time about two months after I was hired, as that was the timeframe that they promised me the conversion. However, the conversion was repeatedly delayed, and eventually the end of my internship came about, still with no word on my conversion.

If you work an internship at F5 Networks, be careful about this happening to you. Looking out for another job while there is absolutely essential if you're an intern there.
Pros
Workload, pay, food benefits
Cons
Bad HR
Fast moving, incredibly agile
Sr. Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 20, 2015
Great benefits, in a great industry that's fast paced and exciting to work in. Culture is incredibly agile and flexible, they'll put your skills to good use and get you working on something important and incredibly meaningful. I didn't know what F5 was when I joined. But I joined, and it has been a great (15+ year) career.
Good company to work for
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 28, 2016
Overall, it is a good place to work with an attitude such that of a startup. The company has been around for a while though.
Lexus of ADC
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKApril 29, 2016
International locations are a different world from the Seattle home base location.
Amazing dynamic in this environment
Great Pay and Benefits
Network Support Engineer II (Unix) (Current Employee) –  SpokaneSeptember 10, 2015
Typical Day: 2 hours of phone time waiting for customers to call in for new cases.
Great Pay
Benefits are great
Overtime is encouraged and paid
Stress is high.
Support Managers have no direction
6 hours of cases sent to your group. You have to take cases even if you are over loaded
Moral is sinking in the Support ranks.
This job is designed for people that conducted phone support previously in their careers.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits, Overtime
Cons
missed lunches, not included in other F5 activities.
"we are not a sweat shop"
Network Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 19, 2015
When I interviewed, my future boss said "we are not a sweat shop." For a decent while, that was true, but by the time I left, they were, and management - particularly the VP - did not appear to be grateful for the job we were doing.

The VP of Global Services at the time said, "NSEs are like hamburger" (with hand massaging motion), which tanked morale when it got around. This was during the tech crash and Support was the only part of the company actually making money. o O

They spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on training when that money could have been used to put two more desperately needed bodies on the phones.

All in all this was one of the most highly trained and capable front line support staffs I've served with. It's a shame they weren't seen for the value they brought to customers.
Pros
got my wings in networking
Cons
upper management attitude toward support staff. Shoulda got my CCNA
There's a reason they're the Best Place to Work in Seattle
ORDER ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2015
I absolutely love everything about working at F5. There is a sense of pride that comes along with just walking through the door every day. The management team is easily accessible and though the work is hard, they reward you greatly.
Pros
beer friday, great benefits, family oriented
Cons
can't think of anything, honestly
Fun Place
Revenue Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2015
F5 Networks is a great place to work. It is a very inclusive environment with a great employee culture. The benefits and work-life balance match if not exceed most technology companies.
Working outdoors
Corporate Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 20, 2014
Managed a Lead a team of 3-6 crew members throughout various landscaping redesigns and maintained the daily schedule and Issued and received invoices from customers.
Helped designed and install landscaping designs projects, ranging from laying down sod to creating various styles of waterfalls and stone paved walkways.
Pros
staying in shape and working outdoors
Cons
desirable management skills from corporate.
A great place to work
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 30, 2014
-Never ending challenges
-Great place to learn additional skills
-Great benefits; 401K, health, stock options
-Awesome culture and highly collaborative work env
-company has good moral and work ethics
-nice workout room
Pros
beer friday, break rooms with free drinks, rewards program for recognition
Cons
commute, weather
Great company and great technology!!!
Major Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  TXMarch 3, 2015
The company was wonderful and there were so many great people that helped it grow so fast in such a short time. In my particular group there was a lot of turnover due to management not understanding the segment.
Great team and a very growing company to work with .
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  DubaiMay 14, 2014
Mix of sometimes fun and sometimes serious workplace.
Commitment, Time management, To be independent etc
Super Professional and disciplined .
Most fun loving co workers with great IQ.
As such there is nothing hardest .
Most enjoyable part of job is attending events and quarterly meetings organized by me .
Pros
centrally located with all the facilities
Used to be Great Potential, However Executive Group Often Took Focus Away
Former Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 4, 2013
I found my experience here To be rewarding in some ways, however, the in-fighting among the Executives over who is fishing off the company pier with whom and dating spats really took everyone's focus off of the business often, and this continues today primarily with the CFO and Controller. There is interest among some in Management to be advancing the business and to be creative, but many are way overcompensated due to their allocation of equity compensation to themselves that they are comfortable to rest on their laurels.
Pros
competitive products
Cons
horrible location, executive management, lack of responsibility and ethics
Excellent place to Work!
Professional Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 14, 2012
Productive and fun place to work. Was a pleasure working with employees all over the nation, and servicing clients from all over the nation as well. Learned to produce financial reports while working independently by region. F5 offered many opportunities for team building events as well as happy hour friedays. Relaxed work atmosphere.
Pros
flexible schedule, great mangers.
A small company that is trying to be big
Account Manager - Professional Services (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 25, 2013
If you decide to work for F5, I highly recommend taking a position on the product sales side of the house. But if your're into 95% admin work and 5% sales...then an AM position in Pro Services at F5 is for you. If you interview for a position in professional services with F5, make sure to interview your potential co-workers to find out what challenges they face on a day to day basis. As of right now, three people in three months have left the pro serve team, and the remaining employees are being grinded down to the nub due to no backfilling...doing more with less=burnout. On the upside - The benefits are really good, beer friday, free coffee/soft drinks, company events, stock options, and most of the people at F5 are great. Outside of the Pro Service Inside Team, it's a good place to work.
evolving company
Talent Management Manager, HR Asia Pacific & Japan (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 2, 2015
Asia Pacific coverage
Talent management
HR business partnering
Internship program
Coaching
set up of regional offices
Regional HQ HR management
Overated
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 9, 2012
This company is okay to work for, but managements still very controlling and micro-management. Management treating and favoritism to friends only. If you are not an old friend with your management, forget about working here!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
micro-management, favoritism to friends culture only.

4.3