f5 Networks

f5 Networks Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company to work for
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 28, 2016
Overall, it is a good place to work with an attitude such that of a startup. The company has been around for a while though.
Good place to work if you're not an intern
FPGA Verification Engineer Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: Workload, pay, food benefits
Cons: Bad HR
Workload was what you expect out of an ideal job. I moved into the new building as soon as I started, so I got the most benefits out of the company's assets, which were well above average. The only complaint I have is that coworkers in other parts of the company will neglect to tell you situations that are important and relevant to you. My personal example is that I was working an internship at F5 Networks, and I was given a chance to move up to a full-time position. I brought up the idea of a conversion to full-time about two months after I was hired, as that was the timeframe that they promised me the conversion. However, the conversion was repeatedly delayed, and eventually the end of my internship came about, still with no word on my conversion.

If you work an internship at F5 Networks, be careful about this happening to you. Looking out for another job while there is absolutely essential if you're an intern there.
Fast moving, incredibly agile
Sr. Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 20, 2015
Great benefits, in a great industry that's fast paced and exciting to work in. Culture is incredibly agile and flexible, they'll put your skills to good use and get you working on something important and incredibly meaningful. I didn't know what F5 was when I joined. But I joined, and it has been a great (15+ year) career.
Great Pay and Benefits
Network Support Engineer II (Unix) (Current Employee), SpokaneSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: Great Pay and Benefits, Overtime
Cons: missed lunches, not included in other F5 activities.
Typical Day: 2 hours of phone time waiting for customers to call in for new cases.
Great Pay
Benefits are great
Overtime is encouraged and paid
Stress is high.
Support Managers have no direction
6 hours of cases sent to your group. You have to take cases even if you are over loaded
Moral is sinking in the Support ranks.
This job is designed for people that conducted phone support previously in their careers.
"we are not a sweat shop"
Network Support Engineer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: got my wings in networking
Cons: upper management attitude toward support staff. Shoulda got my CCNA
When I interviewed, my future boss said "we are not a sweat shop." For a decent while, that was true, but by the time I left, they were, and management - particularly the VP - did not appear to be grateful for the job we were doing.

The VP of Global Services at the time said, "NSEs are like hamburger" (with hand massaging motion), which tanked morale when it got around. This was during the tech crash and Support was the only part of the company actually making money. o O

They spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on training when that money could have been used to put two more desperately needed bodies on the phones.

All in all this was one of the most highly trained and capable front line support staffs I've served with. It's a shame they weren't seen for the value they brought to customers.
Fun Place
Revenue Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 22, 2015
F5 Networks is a great place to work. It is a very inclusive environment with a great employee culture. The benefits and work-life balance match if not exceed most technology companies.
QA engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 24, 2015
Good managers , good management . Great product. Great technology. Free snacks and drinks. Located at a great location
There's a reason they're the Best Place to Work in Seattle
ORDER ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: beer friday, great benefits, family oriented
Cons: can't think of anything, honestly
I absolutely love everything about working at F5. There is a sense of pride that comes along with just walking through the door every day. The management team is easily accessible and though the work is hard, they reward you greatly.
Great company and great technology!!!
Major Accounts Manager (Former Employee), TXMarch 3, 2015
The company was wonderful and there were so many great people that helped it grow so fast in such a short time. In my particular group there was a lot of turnover due to management not understanding the segment.
evolving company
Talent Management Manager, HR Asia Pacific & Japan (Former Employee), SingaporeFebruary 2, 2015
Asia Pacific coverage
Talent management
HR business partnering
Internship program
Coaching
set up of regional offices
Regional HQ HR management
A great place to work
Technical Trainer (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 30, 2014
Pros: beer friday, break rooms with free drinks, rewards program for recognition
Cons: commute, weather
-Never ending challenges
-Great place to learn additional skills
-Great benefits; 401K, health, stock options
-Awesome culture and highly collaborative work env
-company has good moral and work ethics
-nice workout room
Working outdoors
Corporate Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: staying in shape and working outdoors
Cons: desirable management skills from corporate.
Managed a Lead a team of 3-6 crew members throughout various landscaping redesigns and maintained the daily schedule and Issued and received invoices from customers.
Helped designed and install landscaping designs projects, ranging from laying down sod to creating various styles of waterfalls and stone paved walkways.
Experiences vary depending on area of business
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 7, 2014
Experiences vary depending on area of business. I meet many good folks while working there.
Great team and a very growing company to work with .
Office Manager (Current Employee), DubaiMay 14, 2014
Pros: centrally located with all the facilities
Cons: long hours
Mix of sometimes fun and sometimes serious workplace.
Commitment, Time management, To be independent etc
Super Professional and disciplined .
Most fun loving co workers with great IQ.
As such there is nothing hardest .
Most enjoyable part of job is attending events and quarterly meetings organized by me .
Started entrepreneurial, but morphed into micro-management
Sales (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: pay and flexible schedule
Cons: cumbersome tools
In early, out early.
People don't leave companies, they leave bosses.
Cool co-workers.
Management at the top, quality. The lower you get, not so much.
Great company to work for
Senior Database Engineer (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 2, 2014
Just a great company to work for. They have very friendly and professional staff. the work was challenging and I learned new technologies. It is a cutting edge company
Great company with great people
Full Time Internship (Former Employee), Seattle WAJuly 30, 2013
Worked there as an intern. Great place to work. Friendly teams and cutting edge projects. Fun and dynamic. Highly recommend.
good company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), san jose, CAMay 28, 2013
very good work environment
good team and management
flexible work hours
Great place to work.
Lab Network Engineer Intern (Current Employee), SeattleMay 8, 2013
Pros: bonuses, drinks, works with you on times of work, everyone is nice
Cons: so many people trying to get in
This place is quite possibly the best place you could work at in Seattle.
A small company that is trying to be big
Account Manager - Professional Services (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 25, 2013
If you decide to work for F5, I highly recommend taking a position on the product sales side of the house. But if your're into 95% admin work and 5% sales...then an AM position in Pro Services at F5 is for you. If you interview for a position in professional services with F5, make sure to interview your potential co-workers to find out what challenges they face on a day to day basis. As of right now, three people in three months have left the pro serve team, and the remaining employees are being grinded down to the nub due to no backfilling...doing more with less=burnout. On the upside - The benefits are really good, beer friday, free coffee/soft drinks, company events, stock options, and most of the people at F5 are great. Outside of the Pro Service Inside Team, it's a good place to work.
Headquarters