F5 Networks Employee Reviews

Nice job but lacked team cohesion
Regional Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA28 October 2017
The Regional Services Manager position is a great job but comes with caveats, you are an overlay to the product sales teams and work at their beck and call. You need to understand the sales teams comp plans, their personalities and their need for professional services in their timeframe in order to be successful at this job.
Pros
The best manager in the universe
Cons
Working with f5 sales teams
good
Technical Support Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Chertsey26 October 2017
Great for anyone with an interest in IT
Tech Support Coordinator role - Answering calls to worldwide customers. Duties include creating cases for technical issues or assistance & dispatching calls to the relevant engineers.
overall good company to work
SR. PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  New Jersey25 September 2017
I had very good experience with F5. very good work life balance. Benefit is good. Technology is little outdated. Innovation is kind of slow down now. New CEO is changing culture of F5's family feel.
Pros
good benifit, competitive salary, stock option is good
Cons
new management
Great Benefits, Difficult to Advance, Decent Managers Vary By Team
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Seattle, Wa19 September 2017
I liked working at F5 during the time i was employed there, however the manager makes the experience, and a lot of the hiring culture has to do with who you know and hiring groups are terrible when they bring on people with 1 to no experience in managing. Of course it's all situational, some teams have awesome managers, so make sure you vet out everything before you join a team.
Pros
Work-Life Balance and Benefits
Cons
Moving up opportunities, inexperienced managers/directors taking concerns from employees and never taking thoughtful action
Life at F5
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA18 September 2017
F5 is a great company and I loved my job at F5. People are very nice and friendly, very helpful and very skilled. I loved the culture at the company. F5 is a market leader in ADC and has a very good footprint in the market. Good salaries.
Pros
Leaders in ADC, great work culture. Salaries are good.
Cons
All the power is consolidated in Seattle. Company didn't have a clear vision about IoT.
No career development and no job security
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA10 September 2017
You can be fired anytime at F5 even without any indication. It doesn't matter how good you are in terms of performance. They don't value your effort and hard work done by you. New CEO has changed the culture and F5 is no longer the best employer.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
slow down in core business, new CEO doesn't know what he is doing
Productive and a Competitive place to work
Enterprise Account Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MA5 September 2017
We have to login to our Phone queue for 3 hours to take calls from Premium Plus customers and then you have to work on the cases opened by Premium Plus customers you are designated to. Attend Customer calls, handle technical issues. Attend quarterly QBRs at the customer site.
Pros
Challenging environment, Good products
Cons
Stressful, High expectations
Lots of positives, but some negatives
Sr. Manager Data Governance (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA31 August 2017
The old guard is changing and I think the culture will go through some tough transitions. I really liked a lot of the people there. Seemed to be a common theme, that everyone wanted to get along well with others. Still, some management ranks were difficult to influence and could easily ignore you. Tough to get a project off the ground or drive change.
Pros
Great people and culture.
IoT Transition in Action
(Acting Senior) Software Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA21 August 2017
Once acknowledged as a prime OEM of hardware for load balancing and security software solutions, F5's new CEO is focused on an IoT SAAS mission as a primary supplier of technology.
Pros
Cutting edge evolution of the internet
Cons
Weather and traffic that is forever Seattle.
Awesome Place to Work
CEM (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA26 July 2017
I've never worked for a company that treated its staff so well.
F5 have given me many opportunities to succeed and expand my skill offering - and the work/life balance expectations are stellar.

Best Medical benefits package as well.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, great Medical benefits, training
Cons
Pay is less than the market average, locally.
Good solid company
AngularJS Software Developer III (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA27 June 2017
They were getting things together and switching from waterfall to agile/scrum when I came. The project went really well, I would have stayed longer. There was a bit of turnover on the project which caused it to stall prior to me starting work.
Pros
Nice location.
Cons
Extra 30 minutes outside of downtown Seattle.
Interesting Place to work.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, CO19 June 2017
Interesting place to work that is willing to take risks with it culture and technology. F5 is actively working to transform itself from a hardware based networking company to a software and services network company.
Pros
Good Pay, Nice people
Cons
Short term financial concerns trump common sense.
Best in Breed Application Delevery Networking Company
F5 Global Accounts Technology Sales (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA25 May 2017
Fantastic company! I had the privilege to work for them in the early stages after the company's inception. My colleagues were some of the most intelligent, savvy and articulate individuals I've ever worked with. It's what has absolutely led to F5's wildly successful run, as the premiere ADN/Load Balancing company worldwide. Working for F5 and the colleagues who became my friends, prepared me for great success, both professionally and personally!
Site IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MA19 May 2017
Great place to work. Great benefits and pay. Good work environment. I don't know what else I can say to add up to 150 characters. I enjoyed working there and would work there again if the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, food/beer Fridays after hours, holidays parties, good times overall.
Fair
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA2 May 2017
Fair. Reputable. Good culture. Poor comp for administrative. Good perks. Poor EVP leadership. Good location. Tough industry. Needs product knowledge improvement.
Amazing Work Place
Technical Trainer, Java Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tel Aviv, Israel26 January 2017
Fun people, work is intersting.
I would recommend working there.
the atmosphere is sublime, helpful staff.

Cutting edge of technology at the mometn...
A grand place to land
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA10 September 2016
There's so much going on at F5, don't ever turn down the opportunity to interview there.

Make sure to be prepared to whiteboard how you think that you'll fit in.
review
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WA/ Seattle WA8 July 2016
Not recommended to individuals who have not worked in the Software networking environment.

Disclosure with onboarding was many of the current employers came from other networking, software developers ... where narcissistic personalities is the norm and management is working to make the change for a better culture but it is slow to change.
Great place to intern with lots of opportunities for learning
Graduate Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MA7 July 2016
I had a great experience in F5. It was a good place to intern at and I got to learn a lot from my seniors. The work culture and my teammates put me at ease from day one. My mentors and seniors guided me well in performing my responsibilities better. A great place to work at!
Professional and fun at the same time
Network Support Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Chertsey23 June 2016
Excellent working culture, professional development, good advancement opportunities, only problem is that is located in london, and london is very busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at F5 Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3