F5 Networks Employee Reviews

No career development and no job security
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA10 September 2017
You can be fired anytime at F5 even without any indication. It doesn't matter how good you are in terms of performance. They don't value your effort and hard work done by you. New CEO has changed the culture and F5 is no longer the best employer.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
slow down in core business, new CEO doesn't know what he is doing
Lots of positives, but some negatives
Sr. Manager Data Governance (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA31 August 2017
The old guard is changing and I think the culture will go through some tough transitions. I really liked a lot of the people there. Seemed to be a common theme, that everyone wanted to get along well with others. Still, some management ranks were difficult to influence and could easily ignore you. Tough to get a project off the ground or drive change.
Pros
Great people and culture.
IoT Transition in Action
(Acting Senior) Software Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA21 August 2017
Once acknowledged as a prime OEM of hardware for load balancing and security software solutions, F5's new CEO is focused on an IoT SAAS mission as a primary supplier of technology.
Pros
Cutting edge evolution of the internet
Cons
Weather and traffic that is forever Seattle.
Awesome Place to Work
CEM (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA26 July 2017
I've never worked for a company that treated its staff so well.
F5 have given me many opportunities to succeed and expand my skill offering - and the work/life balance expectations are stellar.

Best Medical benefits package as well.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, great Medical benefits, training
Cons
Pay is less than the market average, locally.
Good solid company
AngularJS Software Developer III (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA27 June 2017
They were getting things together and switching from waterfall to agile/scrum when I came. The project went really well, I would have stayed longer. There was a bit of turnover on the project which caused it to stall prior to me starting work.
Pros
Nice location.
Cons
Extra 30 minutes outside of downtown Seattle.
Interesting Place to work.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, CO19 June 2017
Interesting place to work that is willing to take risks with it culture and technology. F5 is actively working to transform itself from a hardware based networking company to a software and services network company.
Pros
Good Pay, Nice people
Cons
Short term financial concerns trump common sense.
Best in Breed Application Delevery Networking Company
F5 Global Accounts Technology Sales (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA25 May 2017
Fantastic company! I had the privilege to work for them in the early stages after the company's inception. My colleagues were some of the most intelligent, savvy and articulate individuals I've ever worked with. It's what has absolutely led to F5's wildly successful run, as the premiere ADN/Load Balancing company worldwide. Working for F5 and the colleagues who became my friends, prepared me for great success, both professionally and personally!
Site IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MA19 May 2017
Great place to work. Great benefits and pay. Good work environment. I don't know what else I can say to add up to 150 characters. I enjoyed working there and would work there again if the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, food/beer Fridays after hours, holidays parties, good times overall.
Fair
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA2 May 2017
Fair. Reputable. Good culture. Poor comp for administrative. Good perks. Poor EVP leadership. Good location. Tough industry. Needs product knowledge improvement.
Amazing Work Place
Technical Trainer, Java Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tel Aviv, Israel26 January 2017
Fun people, work is intersting.
I would recommend working there.
the atmosphere is sublime, helpful staff.

Cutting edge of technology at the mometn...

Want to know more about F5 Networks?

Ask a question
A grand place to land
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA10 September 2016
There's so much going on at F5, don't ever turn down the opportunity to interview there.

Make sure to be prepared to whiteboard how you think that you'll fit in.
review
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WA/ Seattle WA8 July 2016
Not recommended to individuals who have not worked in the Software networking environment.

Disclosure with onboarding was many of the current employers came from other networking, software developers ... where narcissistic personalities is the norm and management is working to make the change for a better culture but it is slow to change.
Great place to intern with lots of opportunities for learning
Graduate Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MA7 July 2016
I had a great experience in F5. It was a good place to intern at and I got to learn a lot from my seniors. The work culture and my teammates put me at ease from day one. My mentors and seniors guided me well in performing my responsibilities better. A great place to work at!
Professional and fun at the same time
Network Support Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Chertsey23 June 2016
Excellent working culture, professional development, good advancement opportunities, only problem is that is located in london, and london is very busy.
Network Support Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Singapore6 June 2016
Productive, fun and challenging workplace! Great people to work with and learning never stops! Management is supportive of your career. The bonus and other perks are decent. But it is easily among the best places I have worked.
Lexus of ADC
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HK29 April 2016
International locations are a different world from the Seattle home base location.
Amazing dynamic in this environment
Good company to work for
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 April 2016
Overall, it is a good place to work with an attitude such that of a startup. The company has been around for a while though.
Good place to work if you're not an intern
FPGA Verification Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA17 February 2016
Workload was what you expect out of an ideal job. I moved into the new building as soon as I started, so I got the most benefits out of the company's assets, which were well above average. The only complaint I have is that coworkers in other parts of the company will neglect to tell you situations that are important and relevant to you. My personal example is that I was working an internship at F5 Networks, and I was given a chance to move up to a full-time position. I brought up the idea of a conversion to full-time about two months after I was hired, as that was the timeframe that they promised me the conversion. However, the conversion was repeatedly delayed, and eventually the end of my internship came about, still with no word on my conversion.

If you work an internship at F5 Networks, be careful about this happening to you. Looking out for another job while there is absolutely essential if you're an intern there.
Pros
Workload, pay, food benefits
Cons
Bad HR
Fast moving, incredibly agile
Sr. Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA20 November 2015
Great benefits, in a great industry that's fast paced and exciting to work in. Culture is incredibly agile and flexible, they'll put your skills to good use and get you working on something important and incredibly meaningful. I didn't know what F5 was when I joined. But I joined, and it has been a great (15+ year) career.
Great Pay and Benefits
Network Support Engineer II (Unix) (Current Employee) –  Spokane10 September 2015
Typical Day: 2 hours of phone time waiting for customers to call in for new cases.
Great Pay
Benefits are great
Overtime is encouraged and paid
Stress is high.
Support Managers have no direction
6 hours of cases sent to your group. You have to take cases even if you are over loaded
Moral is sinking in the Support ranks.
This job is designed for people that conducted phone support previously in their careers.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits, Overtime
Cons
missed lunches, not included in other F5 activities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at F5 Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2