Eyence the ophthalmic division of FYidoctors (www.fyidoctors.com) in Burnaby B.C., in preparation for our next phase of expansion, is seeking a variety of skilled laboratory people to become part of this exciting new company. The Eyence lab is arguably the most modern ophthalmic manufacturing facility in Canada. Direct sourcing of lenses and frames, three digital surfacing production lines, robotics, a full conveyor system and brand new coating facility are just a few of the features of our laboratory. The future of lenses is digital surfacing and Eyence has embraced this fully.
We are currently seeking qualified a Quality Control Technician with optical experience to join our team!
- Verify optical process procedures for both final checkout and surface checkout
- Check lens for scratches and other imperfections
- Ensure lenses meet Optical Lab standards and tolerances
- Maintain functionality of Quality Control laboratory instrumentation
- Maintain a well-organized work area
- Position may require shift work and overtime hours
- Perform other job related tasks specified by management
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of optical industry tolerances and cosmetic standards
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytic, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work load
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, discretion and tact
- Able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and good manual dexterity is a must
- Ability to successfully multi-task and achieve deadlines
- Ability to show initiative and ownership in every aspect of the position
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Training)
- 2-3 years of experience working in an optical lab
- Experience with ophthalmic equipment (ie. lensometer) and standard optical verification tools is a must
- Optician License/Certification is an asset, but not required
- Optical dispensing experience is an asset
We offer a competitive hourly wage, a benefits package, a diverse work environment, and excellent career opportunities.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please send us your cover letter and resume.
Please quote "QC Technician" in email subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.