Eyence, Advanced Ophthalmic Products is a subsidiary of FYidoctors. The Eyence lab is the most advanced of its kind in Canada. We have invested in the very best anti-reflective coatings and digital surfacing machinery. Eyence’s vision has broadly expanded to offer optometry a complete one-stop shop for optometry practices Canada wide. Eyence now offers premium frame lines, contact lenses, stock lenses, in addition to manufactured lenses. Eyence’s vision is to bring only the best of these products to the independent optometrists’ doorstep, at extremely competitive prices.
If this sounds like a company that you would like to work for, now is your opportunity! Eyence is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST on a permanent full-time basis at our Burnaby location. We need to fill this position immediately. The position will appeal to someone who is detail-orientated, innovative, enjoys working in a busy team environment, and has a high level of commitment to quality of work in order to meet management requirements.
- Coordinates and performs administrative support tasks related to the day-to-day human resource service functions
- Work with the Payroll Specialist and HR Administrator in the processing of semi-monthly payroll for hourly and salaried employees for Eyence (100+ employees)
- Answer general HR queries from employees regarding benefits and payroll
- Administer the BC MSP process for the company
- Play an active role in the Health & Safety initiatives for the lab, includes the implementation of new initiatives and processes to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment and selection activities, which include preparing and posting job vacancies, screening resumes, telephone interviews, conducting reference checks, contacting candidates for interviews, and preparing offer documentation
- Coordinate new hire orientation process initiatives
- Identify change opportunities (people, process, structure) and create plans for Senior Management approval
- Balance employee advocacy and supervisor/manager consultation on employee relations and performance management issues
- Provide metrics, regular and ad-hoc reports to managers for earnings, vacation, leaves of absence, etc.
- Participates in administrative meetings and attends other meetings as required.
- Maintain various human resources records, filing systems, HRIS databases and reporting requirements and ensure that they are accomplished in an efficient and effective manner that ensures accuracy and confidentiality is maintained
- Coordinate and implement training and development initiatives in the lab
- Understand and proactively drive Eyence policies, procedures, and practices
- Work with the Senior Management team to deliver compensation, budgeting, organizational development, and workforce planning strategies to address current and future needs of the company
- Assist with the organization of company events (social committee) from a Human Resources perspective
- Assist the HR & Payroll Manager in other HR related tasks and projects as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong HR systems experience and computer skills
- Knowledge of PC’s, Internet and Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer)
- Knowledge of employment legislation (Employment Standards, WCB, Privacy Act, etc) and common law practices
- Knowledge of job recruitment and selection processes
- Strong problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to multitask, detail-oriented, with strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and deal effectively, tactfully and with complete confidentiality with employees, members of the public and other departments in the interpretations and administration of human resources related matters and in the collection and distribution of data
- Ability to develop effective relationships across all organizational levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to partner with the lab and management staff at all levels, across all functions
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Training)
- Diploma in Human Resources
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Prior experience in recruitment
- Prior experience with payroll systems such as Payworks is an asset
- Experience with Health & Safety initiatives is an asset
- Working towards CHRP designation is an asset
- Experience supporting staff in a manufacturing environment is an asset
Our rapid and continued growth ensures that our employees are constantly challenged and rewarded. As a valued asset to our team, you can expect growth opportunities, a diverse work environment, and a competitive base salary with benefits.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please send your cover letter and resume and quote “HR Generalist” in the subject line.
We will not accept any faxed resumes. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.
Eyence, the ophthalmic division of FYidoctors (www.fyidoctors.com) in Burnaby B.C., in preparation for our next phase of expansion, is...