EY Employee Reviews in Canada

Learning... Learning... Learning
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2014
You get to learn everything there is to know about processes
Pros
huge access to information
Best experience
Senior External Auditor (Former Employee) –  jordanAugust 6, 2014
Great experience
very demanding job
long term job security
bad financial package
Good place to learn and grow
Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2013
Good place to learn and grow, people are professional and friendly, there is sufficient training.
Great people to work with
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2014
Great environment, lots to learn, good work/life balance.
Great place to learn
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2013
Consulting with EY is a great opportunity to work with different companies and learn.
Good Company
Manager, Consulting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2013
- Good company to work for
- The partner that you work for will make the difference
great people, great work
Senior (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 9, 2013
EY is a great place to work. We have excellent clients and challenging projects.
Ernst & Young- Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
A lot of calendaring for my executive and some of the other senior level employees.
External and internal meetings as I worked in Advisory Services. This was a very FAST paced environment.
Here I learned to enjoy the fast pace and really time manage.
We submitted a lot of proposals so I am very familiar with editing/polishing powerpoints etc. for presentations to C-suite externals.
the hardest part of the job was making sure everything was done by deadline and so that put a lot of stress on me. It was my first job out of university so I really value the time I worked at EY for I was taught and learned on my own how to handle high pressure situations.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when we won a bid and I knew that I helped contribute to that success.

Management and procedures were very organized and there was room for growth. This place was not hypocritical in their values and they did provide growth for their employees.

Co-workers were either really great to work with (regarded me as a friend and co-worker) regardless of what level. OR they were hierarchical and I did not like this. It was quite a big organization so I didn't get the tight family feeling I receive most times at CPPIB.
Pros
education could be paid from 50-100% depending on what i took, very reputable company, learned a lot of my executive level skills from working here
Cons
some people asked a lot of me and it was not possible when i worked for so many people, i would oftentimes burn myself out because i had trouble saying no or delegating.
Monkey say monkey do
Field Services / Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2013
Worked here for 5 years in their IT department. After 2.5 years they globalized IT. My manager changed and suddenly what used to be a nice place to work wasn't all that nice anymore. Would show up for work, do my work and go home. The perfect work/life balance as once you leave work you wipe your hands clean. Management was horrible as my manager failed to manage people properly. Just because you worked for the same company for 25 years doean't mean you have what it takes to be a manager. I will stop there as there's just too much to talk about. One word is micromanagement.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that no one moves around in the IT sector of the company unless someone leaves or someone dies. If you are in any department other than Core Business Services (CBS) you're in good hands. All my manager wanted me to do was sit at my desk and do my work and go home. No encouragement for taking courses other than stupid online web based ones which only benefit the company itself. For the people that fall under CBS, good luck getting a raise when another recession comes along as people outside CBS got a raise and people within got shafted. My fault as my lazyness kept me working here for another 4 years.

The difference between everyone else and CBS.
Jr. Staff Accountants become managers in 4-5 years
IT Analyst in still an IT Analyst in 5-6 years

If you don't work in CBS working here a few years will do you justice. If you work in CBS, god help you.
Pros
the best work/life balance
Cons
no room for advancement within cbs
jjjjj
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 23, 2016
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
Inclusivité marquée
Dir. adjointe, ressources humaines (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QcOctober 27, 2015
Mon expérience chez EY a été marquée de bons suivis par la direction, d'une période d'apprentissage adéquate, de coaching sur l'entreprise au besoin et d'une équipe qui se donnait, collaborait et faisait en sorte que le service donné à la clientèle soit des plus satisfaisants.

J'aurais considéré y demeurer si un poste avait été disponible car le poste était pour une période déterminée (remplacement).
Pros
Bon support et esprit d'équipe
Cons
Pas d'avantages sociaux pour un poste temporaire
environnement de travail agréable
Commis de production de déclaration de revenus (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJanuary 6, 2016
production de déclaration d'impôt
loi de l'impôt
bonne encadrement
bonne équipe
horaire flexible et je peut travaillé de la maison en cas de tempête
Pros
horaire flexible
Cons
aucun
Environnement de travail
Conseiller fiscal et juridique (Former Employee) –  ParisJuly 8, 2012
Milieu de travail très agréable. Collègues toujours disponibles en cas de besoin. le Management est très favorable à l'expression du meilleur de chacun.
Une journée de travail typique: Elle commence par le café où on échange sur tout. Ensuite, le travail ponctué de petites pauses café.

L'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste était d'assister aux rencontres avec les clients. Et le plus difficile était la difficulté d'obtenir des informations dans certains pays étrangers.
Pros
tickets resto
Cons
entreprise dynamique et alliant performance et esprit d'équipe
Gestionnaire ressources humaines (Former Employee) –  Lyon,August 12, 2013
Ce fut 12 ans d'expérience très enrichissante et en perpetuel changement en terme de problématique rh, d'organisation et de gestion des effectifs
gestion d'une population de 450 personnes avec 4 métiers différents
Pros
travail très diversifié
Cons
stress
Environnement de travail agréable
Adjointe en comptabilité (Former Employee) –  Young, SKJuly 12, 2012
Ernst & Young offre plusieurs opportunités de développement professionnel
Pros
ambiance agréable