EY Employee Reviews

Learning... Learning... Learning
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2014
You get to learn everything there is to know about processes
Pros
Huge access to information
Productive and great team
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 April 2014
I have had an amazing experience with my current opportunity and have learned and grown very much in my 4 and a half years. I have also built a great rapport with many different people and service lines within the company.
Pros
Vacation Days, Long Weekends in the summer
Long hours, little vacations
Technology (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2014
Work Work Work. Salary is not bad but long hours and little vacation days, so overall, the pay is not any better than other companies for similar roles. If you are not a CA, don't work for EY. No one appreciates your hard work. Though company expects you to work for 24/7.
Pros
Nice to show off that you work for "EY"
Cons
long hours, little vacations, no personal life.
Opportunity to work with highly skilled teams in a positive environment
Administrative Assistant and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario18 February 2014
Working in a team atmosphere in the management consulting and research areas I had an opportunity to work with highly skilled people who encouraged knowledge sharing and personal advancement. Some work days were long when working on deadlines but there were often rewards to compensate. The only reason I left this position was because I relocated too far away to commute and I have regretted it ever since. A great place to work and a great company culture.
Great Company to work for
Web Support & Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 February 2014
Very respectable company to work for. No issues and no complaints. I would be happy to work for the EY Centre again.
Good resources and structured learning
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON3 December 2013
EY has a highly structured training programs and many opportunities to learn.

Work/life balance is not great here, as you will have to do long hours.
What you learned?
Human Resources Coordinator (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2013
I have learned a great deal of relationship building in the workplace with hourly associates and senior managers as well.
Low work-life balance, low salary
Human Resources Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2013
EY is a great place for those aspiring to get their CA - but not so great for those in support functions, such as HR.
good place to learn
Senior since late 2010 (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2013
good place to start, good culture, good professional environment, high pressure
Pros
good training
Cons
Productive and fun place to work - you work with people who work hard and play hard
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 August 2013
Days can range from CRAZY BUSY to a slow pace when not tax time.
Learned to give your best each day - bring a positive attitude and a can do attitude to work
Good management
Friendly coworkers
Doing back up jobs on a regular basis
Being the hub of the wheel and meeting deadlines.
Pros
lots of parties
Cons
having to do back up jobs on a regular basis
great people, great work
Senior (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC9 August 2013
EY is a great place to work. We have excellent clients and challenging projects.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto5 August 2013
EY is good place to work. Like all places, has its challenges but I would recommend EY to any prospective job seeker. Get in early and work hard - results will follow.
Pros
Extra holidays over long weekends
Cons
Technology could be better
Good place to learn and grow
Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2013
Good place to learn and grow, people are professional and friendly, there is sufficient training.
Great place to learn
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2013
Consulting with EY is a great opportunity to work with different companies and learn.
Good Company
Manager, Consulting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2013
- Good company to work for
- The partner that you work for will make the difference
Monkey say monkey do
Field Services / Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2013
Worked here for 5 years in their IT department. After 2.5 years they globalized IT. My manager changed and suddenly what used to be a nice place to work wasn't all that nice anymore. Would show up for work, do my work and go home. The perfect work/life balance as once you leave work you wipe your hands clean. Management was horrible as my manager failed to manage people properly. Just because you worked for the same company for 25 years doean't mean you have what it takes to be a manager. I will stop there as there's just too much to talk about. One word is micromanagement.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that no one moves around in the IT sector of the company unless someone leaves or someone dies. If you are in any department other than Core Business Services (CBS) you're in good hands. All my manager wanted me to do was sit at my desk and do my work and go home. No encouragement for taking courses other than stupid online web based ones which only benefit the company itself. For the people that fall under CBS, good luck getting a raise when another recession comes along as people outside CBS got a raise and people within got shafted. My fault as my lazyness kept me working here for another 4 years.

The difference between everyone else and CBS.
Jr. Staff Accountants become managers in 4-5 years
IT Analyst in still an IT Analyst in 5-6 years

If you don't work in CBS working here a few years will do you justice. If you work in CBS, god help you.
Pros
the best work/life balance
Cons
no room for advancement within cbs
Too much work pressure at month end , specially on year end.
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Young, SK9 October 2012
Late sittings are very common. Worl load was also much but benefits were also very lucrative.
Pros
free lunch and some times dinner too.
Cons
generally works on 7 days in a week.
Professional and Energetic place to work.
Manager - Assurance (Former Employee) –  Kuwait24 July 2012
I always looked forward to going to work each morning at EY. It was a place filled with professionals and individuals with enthusiasm and energy to lead. Having spent more than 10 years of my life I have learnt project management and technical skills. Partners have been very supportive throughout my career. My co-workers have been friendly and compatabile. Work life balance has been a challenge however my project management skills had helped me face it. Always on the edge, meeting deadlines, continously having to be abreast of the standards and interpretations, having to interact with senior client personnel (Owners, Board Audit Committee,CEO, CFO etc) was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
ey has been an educational platform.
Cons
long working hours yet satisfying and enriching
I have enjoyed the work/life balance arrangements!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2012
I have worked with Ernst & Young LLP for the past eight years, and I really enjoy the management teams and their work/life balance arrangements for most parents or employees with special personal life requirements.
Environnement de travail agréable, un peu stressant
Aide-cuisinière/ Commis (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 October 2016
J'ai beaucoup aimé travailler chez Ernst & Young. J'ai appris à mettre de l'avant ma facilité de gestion du temps en travaillant pour cette entreprise. J'ai appris à faire l'inventaire des produits utilisés sur une base régulière, à remplir et nettoyer des machines à café industrielles, à mettre en place des salles de conférence pour un buffet (et à les nettoter ensuite).
Les gens avec qui j'ai travaillé étaient sympathiques, et le travail d'équipe était une valeur sur laquelle on insistait beaucoup.
Le plus difficile pour moi a été de me retrouver sur les différents étages de la compagnie, j'ai un très mauvais sens de l'orientation...
J'ai aimé travaillé che EY parce que c'était quelque chose de nouveau pour moi, et qu'on me laissait gérer mon temps comme je le voulais. Je me suis fait plusieurs amis dans cette compagnie.