EY Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Learning... Learning... Learning
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2014
Pros: huge access to information
You get to learn everything there is to know about processes
Productive and great team
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 1, 2014
Pros: vacation days, long weekends in the summer
I have had an amazing experience with my current opportunity and have learned and grown very much in my 4 and a half years. I have also built a great rapport with many different people and service lines within the company.
Long hours, little vacations
Technology (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: nice to show off that you work for "ey"
Cons: long hours, little vacations, no personal life.
Work Work Work. Salary is not bad but long hours and little vacation days, so overall, the pay is not any better than other companies for similar roles. If you are not a CA, don't work for EY. No one appreciates your hard work. Though company expects you to work for 24/7.
Good resources and structured learning
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Kitchener-Waterloo, ONDecember 3, 2013
EY has a highly structured training programs and many opportunities to learn.

Work/life balance is not great here, as you will have to do long hours.
What you learned?
Human Resources Coordinator (Co-op Student) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2013
I have learned a great deal of relationship building in the workplace with hourly associates and senior managers as well.
Low work-life balance, low salary
Human Resources Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2013
EY is a great place for those aspiring to get their CA - but not so great for those in support functions, such as HR.
good place to learn
Senior since late 2010 (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2013
Pros: good training
Cons: long hours
good place to start, good culture, good professional environment, high pressure
Productive and fun place to work - you work with people who work hard and play hard
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 12, 2013
Pros: lots of parties
Cons: having to do back up jobs on a regular basis
Days can range from CRAZY BUSY to a slow pace when not tax time.
Learned to give your best each day - bring a positive attitude and a can do attitude to work
Good management
Friendly coworkers
Doing back up jobs on a regular basis
Being the hub of the wheel and meeting deadlines.
great people, great work
Senior (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 9, 2013
EY is a great place to work. We have excellent clients and challenging projects.
Consultant (Current Employee), TorontoAugust 5, 2013
Pros: extra holidays over long weekends
Cons: technology could be better
EY is good place to work. Like all places, has its challenges but I would recommend EY to any prospective job seeker. Get in early and work hard - results will follow.
Good place to learn and grow
Tax Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2013
Good place to learn and grow, people are professional and friendly, there is sufficient training.
Great place to learn
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2013
Consulting with EY is a great opportunity to work with different companies and learn.
Good Company
Manager, Consulting (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2013
- Good company to work for
- The partner that you work for will make the difference
Monkey say monkey do
Field Services / Desktop Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2013
Pros: the best work/life balance
Cons: no room for advancement within cbs
Worked here for 5 years in their IT department. After 2.5 years they globalized IT. My manager changed and suddenly what used to be a nice place to work wasn't all that nice anymore. Would show up for work, do my work and go home. The perfect work/life balance as once you leave work you wipe your hands clean. Management was horrible as my manager failed to manage people properly. Just because you worked for the same company for 25 years doean't mean you have what it takes to be a manager. I will stop there as there's just too much to talk about. One word is micromanagement.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that no one moves around in the IT sector of the company unless someone leaves or someone dies. If you are in any department other than Core Business Services (CBS) you're in good hands. All my manager wanted me to do was sit at my desk and do my work and go home. No encouragement for taking courses other than stupid online web based ones which only benefit the company itself. For the people that fall under CBS, good luck getting a raise when another recession comes along as people outside CBS got a raise and people within got shafted. My fault as my lazyness kept me working here for another 4 years.

The difference between everyone else and CBS.
Jr. Staff Accountants become managers in 4-5 years
IT Analyst in still an IT Analyst in 5-6 years

If you don't work in CBS working here a few years will do you justice. If you work in CBS, god help you.
Too much work pressure at month end , specially on year end.
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Young, SKOctober 9, 2012
Pros: free lunch and some times dinner too.
Cons: generally works on 7 days in a week.
Late sittings are very common. Worl load was also much but benefits were also very lucrative.
Professional and Energetic place to work.
Manager - Assurance (Former Employee), KuwaitJuly 24, 2012
Pros: ey has been an educational platform.
Cons: long working hours yet satisfying and enriching
I always looked forward to going to work each morning at EY. It was a place filled with professionals and individuals with enthusiasm and energy to lead. Having spent more than 10 years of my life I have learnt project management and technical skills. Partners have been very supportive throughout my career. My co-workers have been friendly and compatabile. Work life balance has been a challenge however my project management skills had helped me face it. Always on the edge, meeting deadlines, continously having to be abreast of the standards and interpretations, having to interact with senior client personnel (Owners, Board Audit Committee,CEO, CFO etc) was the most enjoyable part of the job.
I have enjoyed the work/life balance arrangements!
Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 8, 2012
I have worked with Ernst & Young LLP for the past eight years, and I really enjoy the management teams and their work/life balance arrangements for most parents or employees with special personal life requirements.
Inclusivité marquée
Dir. adjointe, ressources humaines (Current Employee), Montréal, QcOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Bon support et esprit d'équipe
Cons: Pas d'avantages sociaux pour un poste temporaire
Mon expérience chez EY a été marquée de bons suivis par la direction, d'une période d'apprentissage adéquate, de coaching sur l'entreprise au besoin et d'une équipe qui se donnait, collaborait et faisait en sorte que le service donné à la clientèle soit des plus satisfaisants.

J'aurais considéré y demeurer si un poste avait été disponible car le poste était pour une période déterminée (remplacement).
entreprise dynamique et alliant performance et esprit d'équipe
Gestionnaire ressources humaines (Former Employee), Lyon,August 12, 2013
Pros: travail très diversifié
Cons: stress
Ce fut 12 ans d'expérience très enrichissante et en perpetuel changement en terme de problématique rh, d'organisation et de gestion des effectifs
gestion d'une population de 450 personnes avec 4 métiers différents
Environnement de travail agréable
Adjointe en comptabilité (Former Employee), Young, SKJuly 12, 2012
Pros: ambiance agréable
Ernst & Young offre plusieurs opportunités de développement professionnel