EY Employee Reviews in Canada

great
Tax (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 13, 2015
Great place to be: culture and educational opportunities are second to none provided you have support from management
Chance to learn from the best
Manager, Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2015
EY is a firm with brilliant and driven people. The culture is that of results, but there is also a good amount of coaching available.

There is no typical day at work, as I belong to the consulting team, working with clients on project-based initiatives.

Throughout my time at EY, I have had the opportunity to drive and lead multiple projects, mostly in the procurement area. The work is rewarding, and allowed me to grow professionally with a great influx in knowledge and project management responsibilities.
Pros
Get to work with smart, driven people
Cons
Travel
Great first finance experience
Billing Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 14, 2015
• Responsible for the entire billing process for the Human Capital Tax Group

• Produced Work-In-Process reports, review data with Client Serving Executives based on a weekly schedule

• Review and analyze data in Excel and produce necessary attachments in client requested format to accompany the invoice
TA Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2015
It is an amazing company to work. They have a very good work / life balance and they have a friendly environment. Everyone are very helpful by nature
not too good
Senior Global Immigration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2015
micromanagement and too much work, expectations unreal, I especially didn't like that I had to work with many managers on a daily basis and all of them had different requests for the same processes and they would change their requests all the time for the same subject matter and would blame on the employee, very poor management
Pros
good employee perks
Cons
management
PMM-Ernst & Young Toronto
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Very bad Management.
No chances to get any kind of training and coaching from management.
Specially PMM-Group Manager and Partners are the worst people in the professional world.
Senior Manager always ready to put the blame on Junior.
Partners and Senior Manager treat staff as a second class citizens.
Learning Environment
Human Capital Tax (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 17, 2015
provided administrative Support for Client Service
Worked with team of 8-10 members
Multitasking and time management key to the role
Collaborative working enivronment
Great company
Senior Information and Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2015
I enjoy working at EY. The work/life balance is valued here. People are always willing to help when you need it. I have been here over 7 years and, so far, have no desire to leave.
Learning Environment
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
This is a great place to go after university as you really learn a lot. You can try many different clients and industries and you learn about different businesses.
A lot of work for little pay
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  TorontoApril 19, 2015
Too much work given to individuals with low salary.
Alot of learning opportunities for people starting their career
People are great, culture is not there because everyone is always working
Opportunity to work with highly skilled teams in a positive environment
Administrative Assistant and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioFebruary 18, 2014
Working in a team atmosphere in the management consulting and research areas I had an opportunity to work with highly skilled people who encouraged knowledge sharing and personal advancement. Some work days were long when working on deadlines but there were often rewards to compensate. The only reason I left this position was because I relocated too far away to commute and I have regretted it ever since. A great place to work and a great company culture.
Productive and fun place to work - you work with people who work hard and play hard
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 12, 2013
Days can range from CRAZY BUSY to a slow pace when not tax time.
Learned to give your best each day - bring a positive attitude and a can do attitude to work
Good management
Friendly coworkers
Doing back up jobs on a regular basis
Being the hub of the wheel and meeting deadlines.
Pros
lots of parties
Cons
having to do back up jobs on a regular basis
EY
SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto ONDecember 9, 2014
Excellent Top 5 consulting firm. Located Globally around the world.

Ernst & Young (known as EY) is a multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It was the third largest professional services firm in the world by aggregated revenue in 2012 and is one of the "Big Four" audit firms

The organization operates as a network of member firms which are separate legal entities in individual countries. It has 190,000 employees and more than 700 offices in over 150 countries. It provides assurance (including financial audit), tax, consulting and advisory services to companies

The firm dates back to 1849 with the founding of Harding & Pullein in England. The current firm was formed by a merger of Ernst & Whinney and Arthur Young & Co. in 1989.[9] It was known as Ernst & Young until 2013, when it underwent a rebranding to EY. The acronym "EY" was already an informal name for the firm prior to its official adoption
Professional and Energetic place to work.
Manager - Assurance (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJuly 24, 2012
I always looked forward to going to work each morning at EY. It was a place filled with professionals and individuals with enthusiasm and energy to lead. Having spent more than 10 years of my life I have learnt project management and technical skills. Partners have been very supportive throughout my career. My co-workers have been friendly and compatabile. Work life balance has been a challenge however my project management skills had helped me face it. Always on the edge, meeting deadlines, continously having to be abreast of the standards and interpretations, having to interact with senior client personnel (Owners, Board Audit Committee,CEO, CFO etc) was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
ey has been an educational platform.
Cons
long working hours yet satisfying and enriching
Productive and great place to work
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Toronto, CanadaApril 25, 2015
Great experiences, particularly for early career accounting graduates.
Professional development activities and certification exam program are top notch.
Long hours, little vacations
Technology (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2014
Work Work Work. Salary is not bad but long hours and little vacation days, so overall, the pay is not any better than other companies for similar roles. If you are not a CA, don't work for EY. No one appreciates your hard work. Though company expects you to work for 24/7.
Pros
nice to show off that you work for "ey"
Cons
long hours, little vacations, no personal life.
Fast paced environment which keeps you on your toes
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2014
The Partners, Principals, Vice-Presidents, and Associates were a great group to work for.

My co-workers were ready and able to assist me with time sensitive projects, as I was ready to assist them.

I really enjoyed the variety of mandates which kept your interest in various projects.
Club
Committee Member & Mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
This is an extracurricular club at EY. We got to coach the new students writing the exams each year with the process. It is a nice club to join.
Excellent
Senior Advisor, Financial Services Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2014
a typical day at work - Good
what you learned - Consulting
management - Good
your co-workers - Good
the hardest part of the job - Extensive travel - but i liked it.
the most enjoyable part of the job - Meeting new people almost every new project
Productive and great team
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 1, 2014
I have had an amazing experience with my current opportunity and have learned and grown very much in my 4 and a half years. I have also built a great rapport with many different people and service lines within the company.
Pros
vacation days, long weekends in the summer