EY Employee Reviews in Canada

A lot of work for little pay
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  TorontoApril 19, 2015
Too much work given to individuals with low salary.
Alot of learning opportunities for people starting their career
People are great, culture is not there because everyone is always working
Great Firm, culture, people
Learning & Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2015
Incredible work culture, continuous learning, tremendous mentoring 360, people are through and through professional and always willing to engage and support.
Opportunity to work with highly skilled teams in a positive environment
Administrative Assistant and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioFebruary 18, 2014
Working in a team atmosphere in the management consulting and research areas I had an opportunity to work with highly skilled people who encouraged knowledge sharing and personal advancement. Some work days were long when working on deadlines but there were often rewards to compensate. The only reason I left this position was because I relocated too far away to commute and I have regretted it ever since. A great place to work and a great company culture.
Na
Auditor, Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  vancouver, bcOctober 23, 2015
EY had a challenging environment which is expected for a public practice firm. However, it allowed me to learn fundamental financial skills that i use even today. It was because of EY that I was able to become a professional accountant today.
PMM-Ernst & Young Toronto
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Very bad Management.
No chances to get any kind of training and coaching from management.
Specially PMM-Group Manager and Partners are the worst people in the professional world.
Senior Manager always ready to put the blame on Junior.
Partners and Senior Manager treat staff as a second class citizens.
Great professional services firm
Manager, Transaction Advisory Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
EY provides great opportunities to work across a variety of companies and industries; the client service offerings extend far beyond auditing, and provide staff with great chances to work on interesting challenges and projects.
Monkey say monkey do
Field Services / Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2013
Worked here for 5 years in their IT department. After 2.5 years they globalized IT. My manager changed and suddenly what used to be a nice place to work wasn't all that nice anymore. Would show up for work, do my work and go home. The perfect work/life balance as once you leave work you wipe your hands clean. Management was horrible as my manager failed to manage people properly. Just because you worked for the same company for 25 years doean't mean you have what it takes to be a manager. I will stop there as there's just too much to talk about. One word is micromanagement.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that no one moves around in the IT sector of the company unless someone leaves or someone dies. If you are in any department other than Core Business Services (CBS) you're in good hands. All my manager wanted me to do was sit at my desk and do my work and go home. No encouragement for taking courses other than stupid online web based ones which only benefit the company itself. For the people that fall under CBS, good luck getting a raise when another recession comes along as people outside CBS got a raise and people within got shafted. My fault as my lazyness kept me working here for another 4 years.

The difference between everyone else and CBS.
Jr. Staff Accountants become managers in 4-5 years
IT Analyst in still an IT Analyst in 5-6 years

If you don't work in CBS working here a few years will do you justice. If you work in CBS, god help you.
Pros
the best work/life balance
Cons
no room for advancement within cbs
Learning Environment
Human Capital Tax (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 17, 2015
provided administrative Support for Client Service
Worked with team of 8-10 members
Multitasking and time management key to the role
Collaborative working enivronment
Great company
Senior Information and Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2015
I enjoy working at EY. The work/life balance is valued here. People are always willing to help when you need it. I have been here over 7 years and, so far, have no desire to leave.
Great first finance experience
Billing Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 14, 2015
• Responsible for the entire billing process for the Human Capital Tax Group

• Produced Work-In-Process reports, review data with Client Serving Executives based on a weekly schedule

• Review and analyze data in Excel and produce necessary attachments in client requested format to accompany the invoice
Long hours, little vacations
Technology (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2014
Work Work Work. Salary is not bad but long hours and little vacation days, so overall, the pay is not any better than other companies for similar roles. If you are not a CA, don't work for EY. No one appreciates your hard work. Though company expects you to work for 24/7.
Pros
nice to show off that you work for "ey"
Cons
long hours, little vacations, no personal life.
I enjoyed working at Rogers Communications Inc.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2014
Rogers Communications Inc. has a great office location, provided a competitive salary and created a wonderful job culture.
Productive and great place to work
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Toronto, CanadaApril 25, 2015
Great experiences, particularly for early career accounting graduates.
Professional development activities and certification exam program are top notch.
I have enjoyed the work/life balance arrangements!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 8, 2012
I have worked with Ernst & Young LLP for the past eight years, and I really enjoy the management teams and their work/life balance arrangements for most parents or employees with special personal life requirements.
Fast paced - great for learning
Assistant Manager - Audit and Assurance (Former Employee) –  Young, SKSeptember 29, 2014
Work/life balance is a big problem but otherwise its a great place to learn and jump start your career.
not too good
Senior Global Immigration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2015
micromanagement and too much work, expectations unreal, I especially didn't like that I had to work with many managers on a daily basis and all of them had different requests for the same processes and they would change their requests all the time for the same subject matter and would blame on the employee, very poor management
Pros
good employee perks
Cons
management
TA Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2015
It is an amazing company to work. They have a very good work / life balance and they have a friendly environment. Everyone are very helpful by nature
If you like politics, work here
Intermediate Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, CanadaJune 8, 2014
Work culture was not great, lots of needless politics. Long hours for no reason.
Long hours but great people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2014
- Long hours
- Structured advancement in the firm
- Great job security
- Great people
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long hours/high stress
good place to learn
Senior since late 2010 (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2013
good place to start, good culture, good professional environment, high pressure
Pros
good training