EY

EY Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced environment which keeps you on your toes
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2014
The Partners, Principals, Vice-Presidents, and Associates were a great group to work for.

My co-workers were ready and able to assist me with time sensitive projects, as I was ready to assist them.

I really enjoyed the variety of mandates which kept your interest in various projects.
Best experience
Senior External Auditor (Former Employee), jordanAugust 6, 2014
Great experience
very demanding job
long term job security
bad financial package
Ernst & Young- Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: education could be paid from 50-100% depending on what i took, very reputable company, learned a lot of my executive level skills from working here
Cons: some people asked a lot of me and it was not possible when i worked for so many people, i would oftentimes burn myself out because i had trouble saying no or delegating.
A lot of calendaring for my executive and some of the other senior level employees.
External and internal meetings as I worked in Advisory Services. This was a very FAST paced environment.
Here I learned to enjoy the fast pace and really time manage.
We submitted a lot of proposals so I am very familiar with editing/polishing powerpoints etc. for presentations – more... to C-suite externals.
the hardest part of the job was making sure everything was done by deadline and so that put a lot of stress on me. It was my first job out of university so I really value the time I worked at EY for I was taught and learned on my own how to handle high pressure situations.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when we won a bid and I knew that I helped contribute to that success.

Management and procedures were very organized and there was room for growth. This place was not hypocritical in their values and they did provide growth for their employees.

Co-workers were either really great to work with (regarded me as a friend and co-worker) regardless of what level. OR they were hierarchical and I did not like this. It was quite a big organization so I didn't get the tight family feeling I receive most times at CPPIB. – less
A truly great professional environment filled with L&D
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2014
Extremely professional environment providing breadth and depth of experience for qualifying CAs
Varied client experience across all industries
Very collaborative people environment
Stellar IT environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: very people friendly company
Cons: you end up in a very super specialised field
It is a great place to work. I have only worked at Ernst & young and have had a great learning experience thre.
If you like politics, work here
Intermediate Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, CanadaJune 8, 2014
Work culture was not great, lots of needless politics. Long hours for no reason.
Long hours but great people
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: long hours/high stress
- Long hours
- Structured advancement in the firm
- Great job security
- Great people
Learning... Learning... Learning
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2014
Pros: huge access to information
You get to learn everything there is to know about processes
Productive and great team
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 1, 2014
Pros: vacation days, long weekends in the summer
I have had an amazing experience with my current opportunity and have learned and grown very much in my 4 and a half years. I have also built a great rapport with many different people and service lines within the company.
Long hours, little vacations
Technology (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: nice to show off that you work for "ey"
Cons: long hours, little vacations, no personal life.
Work Work Work. Salary is not bad but long hours and little vacation days, so overall, the pay is not any better than other companies for similar roles. If you are not a CA, don't work for EY. No one appreciates your hard work. Though company expects you to work for 24/7.
Good resources and structured learning
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Kitchener-Waterloo, ONDecember 3, 2013
EY has a highly structured training programs and many opportunities to learn.

Work/life balance is not great here, as you will have to do long hours.
Low work-life balance, low salary
Human Resources Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2013
EY is a great place for those aspiring to get their CA - but not so great for those in support functions, such as HR.
good place to learn
Senior since late 2010 (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2013
Pros: good training
Cons: long hours
good place to start, good culture, good professional environment, high pressure
Productive and fun place to work - you work with people who work hard and play hard
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 12, 2013
Pros: lots of parties
Cons: having to do back up jobs on a regular basis
Days can range from CRAZY BUSY to a slow pace when not tax time.
Learned to give your best each day - bring a positive attitude and a can do attitude to work
Good management
Friendly coworkers
Doing back up jobs on a regular basis
Being the hub of the wheel and meeting deadlines.
great people, great work
Senior (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 9, 2013
EY is a great place to work. We have excellent clients and challenging projects.
Consultant (Current Employee), TorontoAugust 5, 2013
Pros: extra holidays over long weekends
Cons: technology could be better
EY is good place to work. Like all places, has its challenges but I would recommend EY to any prospective job seeker. Get in early and work hard - results will follow.
Good place to learn and grow
Tax Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2013
Good place to learn and grow, people are professional and friendly, there is sufficient training.
Great place to learn
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2013
Consulting with EY is a great opportunity to work with different companies and learn.
Good Company
Manager, Consulting (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2013
- Good company to work for
- The partner that you work for will make the difference
Monkey say monkey do
Field Services / Desktop Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2013
Pros: the best work/life balance
Cons: no room for advancement within cbs
Worked here for 5 years in their IT department. After 2.5 years they globalized IT. My manager changed and suddenly what used to be a nice place to work wasn't all that nice anymore. Would show up for work, do my work and go home. The perfect work/life balance as once you leave work you wipe your hands clean. Management was horrible as my manager failed – more... to manage people properly. Just because you worked for the same company for 25 years doean't mean you have what it takes to be a manager. I will stop there as there's just too much to talk about. One word is micromanagement.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that no one moves around in the IT sector of the company unless someone leaves or someone dies. If you are in any department other than Core Business Services (CBS) you're in good hands. All my manager wanted me to do was sit at my desk and do my work and go home. No encouragement for taking courses other than stupid online web based ones which only benefit the company itself. For the people that fall under CBS, good luck getting a raise when another recession comes along as people outside CBS got a raise and people within got shafted. My fault as my lazyness kept me working here for another 4 years.

The difference between everyone else and CBS.
Jr. Staff Accountants become managers in 4-5 years
IT Analyst in still an IT Analyst in 5-6 years

If you don't work in CBS working here a few years will do you justice. If you work in CBS, god help you. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About EY

EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help – Read more